Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2018, 02:02 PM

45,585 posts, read 27,203,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Funny the outrage when Obama did the same. Do as Dems say, not as they do!

I think most Americans, including me, never knew that FORMER government employees even had security clearances and we all want those clearances revoked.

I worked in a high security job and when I left I had to turn in my security card and someone came to scrape off the company parking sticker from my car.
From the article in my post #270.

The existing DOJ policy covering the news media was reworked in 2015 by former Attorney General Eric Holder following sharp protests when it was revealed that the Obama administration subpoenaed information from communications carriers linked to more than 20 home and cell phone lines used by Associated Press reporters and editors.

President Obama, who boasted of an “open and transparent” administration, was less public about his headaches over leaks than is his successor, but he was aggressive. Eight of the 13 people ever prosecuted for leaks were arrested during the Obama years. One journalist was named a co-conspirator.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2018, 02:12 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,588,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
maybe Trump should try your approach and unite the country rather than shouting and tweeting all the time. You defeat your enemies when you make them your friend.
Maybe if mainstream opposition media would report all the good things Trump has done for our country, we would be united. He agrees with Bill Clinton's mantra, "It's the economy, stupid" and acted accordingly which is why the economy is roaring back, ever increasing GDP, 300,000+ manufacturing jobs created, more jobs than workers, companies investing in America and that includes foreign companies, job training and skills upgrades, consumer confidence is high, record low unemployment for minorities, pension funds growing, etc.

It's as if the Loonies and their media masters want America to fail. Why? Because more people on government welfare are easier to control.

Stay informed, get email updates to see what media censors:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/

Subscribe for free and watch your President and Cabinet in action. You're paying them so why not see if you are getting your money's worth? Then watch your favorite new channel to see how they cover it, if at all. You will learn critical thinking.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYx...WM4y7FfpiAN3KQ

Old 07-24-2018, 06:22 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,109,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Well done, maybe Trump should try your approach and unite the country rather than shouting and tweeting all the time. You defeat your enemies when you make them your friend.
EXACTLY what he did with Kim and Vlad.

Old 07-24-2018, 08:13 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,875,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Remember this from last year?

Sessions: FBI Has Stepped Up Efforts to Find Leakers

This is an indicator that Brennan, Comey, et al. are no longer useful. Think about it.
Maybe Assange will tell us in exchange for immunity?

Old 07-24-2018, 08:52 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,588,145 times
Brennan spied on the House Intel committee, Dems hated him. Feinstein criticized his lack of integrity.

Old 07-24-2018, 09:58 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,376,569 times
Meh. Once a person doesn't officially need the clearance any more, it's removed anyway.

In the case of our highest official clearances, sometimes the person's clearance is cut down to a need to know. A retired director, for example, doesn't need to know what's happening now, but may be called on to advise as to what went on then. So sometimes, what happened between now and then needs to be known by the retired person so he can advise.

Most retired intelligence people really don't want to know what's now going on in their old world anyway. There's stress involved in secrecy, and once out of the stress, with no need for it any more, is a good thing for almost everyone.

Everyone loves to learn a secret, but keeping a secret isn't nearly as much fun as learning one. That's just as true with the professionals as it is for the rest of us.

Old 07-24-2018, 10:45 PM

6,131 posts, read 7,989,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
They are all guilty of lying under oath and treason. Anyone need more?
No they’re not. They’re not even charged with anything.

Old 07-24-2018, 10:50 PM

6,131 posts, read 7,989,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
As someone who has a security clearance, you should appreciate that the issuance and revocation of clearances should be grounded in objective procedure rather than the whims of someone angry about a particular opinion you have about public policy decisions.
I think you misunderstood me. My meaning was that those who are outraged that former employees still have active clearances are getting upset over nothing.

I completely agree that revoking clearances on the whim of our butthurt traitor of a president is wrong. In fact, I’m guessing it may even be a violation of their first amendment right to freedom of speech.

Old 07-24-2018, 10:52 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,661,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp292 View Post
No they’re not. They’re not even charged with anything.
All you are pointing out is the two tier system of justice we currently are witness too.

Old 07-25-2018, 08:10 AM

7,520 posts, read 2,811,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp292 View Post
I completely agree that revoking clearances on the whim of our butthurt traitor of a president is wrong. In fact, I’m guessing it may even be a violation of their first amendment right to freedom of speech.
No it isn't. They are not entitled or have a constitutional right to a security clearance just because they had one previously. IMO all security clearances should be made inactive once you leave employment where it is required.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies