Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2019, 09:57 PM

5,462 posts, read 3,045,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
^^^^Doesn't surprise me that this occurred. I never did buy into the lie that there aren't enough Americans who want those IT jobs.

As for CF --- Yeah, given the hostility in his posts, I'd say he is a disgruntled H1-B holder.

Some years back, I came across an article that appeared in a tech publication (can't remember which one). In the comments section, a poster wrote how he had been sending his resume all over the place in an effort to find a job and got no responses. Then he tried an experiment. Instead of his own name, he used a fictitious Indian name. The only thing he changed on his resume was instead of saying he served in the US army, he put that he served in the Indian army. Then he sent out the resume to many of the same companies who didn't give him the time of day. Suddenly, with an Indian name on his resume, he was fielding lots of job offers.

I just wish that someone like Sen. Grassley would try such an experiment with a willing job applicant. This problem really needs to be brought to light.
He is hostile ? OK. What about Bos2Iad, Vision33, Corascant ,SmallDGeek,Mpowering, lifeexplorer , Old Glory, etc? Are they super courteous or something when replyin about people from "third world" ?

Old 04-15-2019, 10:20 PM

932 posts, read 545,134 times
Quote:
^^^^Doesn't surprise me that this occurred. I never did buy into the lie that there aren't enough Americans who want those IT jobs.

As for CF --- Yeah, given the hostility in his posts, I'd say he is a disgruntled H1-B holder.

Some years back, I came across an article that appeared in a tech publication (can't remember which one). In the comments section, a poster wrote how he had been sending his resume all over the place in an effort to find a job and got no responses. Then he tried an experiment. Instead of his own name, he used a fictitious Indian name. The only thing he changed on his resume was instead of saying he served in the US army, he put that he served in the Indian army. Then he sent out the resume to many of the same companies who didn't give him the time of day. Suddenly, with an Indian name on his resume, he was fielding lots of job offers.

I just wish that someone like Sen. Grassley would try such an experiment with a willing job applicant. This problem really needs to be brought to light.
Unless you are willing to listen to the other side,you will never find an answer to the problem.

Here is what BigDGeek responded to my legitimate post..."Yeah; it's our fault they won't socialize with us...because we aren't stapling green cards to their first paychecks or their degrees from US universities.

Sure :Roll Eyes(Sarcastic): "

Who is hostile over here?

Based on this, what impression of you would I have in my mind? A racist?...see where this is going?

Remember...the root of all problems is being in our own world and not willing to open up to others' point of view.

Old 04-15-2019, 10:42 PM

22,511 posts, read 12,057,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post
He is hostile ? OK. What about Bos2Iad, Vision33, Corascant ,SmallDGeek,Mpowering, lifeexplorer , Old Glory, etc? Are they super courteous or something when replyin about people from "third world" ?
What's the problem? Do you think we all should be happy about Americans being deliberately displaced in the workforce by H1-Bs?

We tell it like it is and don't sugar coat anything. How is that being "hostile"? My concerns are with the thousands of American IT workers who are passed over in favor of H1-Bs. It's even worse when Americans get laid off and forced to train their H1-B replacements if they want to get their severance pay.

The following comment is addressed to CF---It's not "racist" to not like the fact that Americans go without work while visa holders have jobs. I don't care where in the world visa workers come from but they should never be allowed to displace Americans. Period.

Old 04-15-2019, 10:45 PM

Quote:
What's the problem? Do you think we all should be happy about Americans being deliberately displaced in the workforce by H1-Bs?

We tell it like it is and don't sugar coat anything. How is that being "hostile"? My concerns are with the thousands of American IT workers who are passed over in favor of H1-Bs. It's even worse when Americans get laid off and forced to train their H1-B replacements if they want to get their severance pay.
You are still in your own world.
Being emotional is going to stop you from understanding the actual issue.

In this state, no amount of logic would be able to convince you.
You may go through my previous posts once you calm down.

Old 04-15-2019, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyforger View Post
You are still in your own world.
Being emotional is going to stop you from understanding the actual issue.

In this state, no amount of logic would be able to convince you.
You may go through my previous posts once you calm down.
You are the one getting "emotional". Why? Are you an H1-B visa holder? Are you upset because you don't have a green card? It's you who needs to try to see things through the eyes of Americans who have been passed over in favor of H1-Bs. Or Americans who are laid off and forced to train their H1-B replacements if they want to get their severance pay.

What do I, or anyone else, need convincing of? That it's okay to lay off Americans and replace them with H1-Bs? That it's okay to pass over Americans in favor of H1-Bs? Or when Americans are blatantly discriminated against by Indians who only hire other Indians?

The whole H1-B program needs to be abolished as it has been abused plus there is lots of corruption going on with it.

It's one thing if American IT workers were fielding multiple job offers and jobs were going unfilled. We all know that's not happening.

Old 04-15-2019, 11:06 PM

Quote:
You are the one getting "emotional". Why? Are you an H1-B visa holder? Are you upset because you don't have a green card? It's you who needs to try to see things through the eyes of Americans who have been passed over in favor of H1-Bs. Or Americans who are laid off and forced to train their H1-B replacements if they want to get their severance pay.

What do I, or anyone else, need convincing of? That it's okay to lay off Americans and replace them with H1-Bs? That it's okay to pass over Americans in favor of H1-Bs? Or when Americans are blatantly discriminated against by Indians who only hire other Indians?

The whole H1-B program needs to be abolished as it has been abused plus there is lots of corruption going on with it.

It's one thing if American IT workers were fielding multiple job offers and jobs were going unfilled. We all know that's not happening.

Here is a link that might help with your situation
https://theoatmeal.com/comics/believe

Old 04-15-2019, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyforger View Post
Here is a link that might help with your situation
https://theoatmeal.com/comics/believe
Nah. I'm good.

Is that all you have to say? IOW, you aren't able to respond to any of the questions I posed to you? Sorry to see that the truth bothers you.

Let me put it this way --- How would you feel if thousands of Americans were brought to India with the purpose of displacing Indians in the workforce? Would you like it if Indians got laid off and told that if they wanted their severance pay, they would have to train their American replacements?

Old 04-15-2019, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Nah. I'm good.

Is that all you have to say? IOW, you aren't able to respond to any of the questions I posed to you?

Let me put it this way --- How would you feel if thousands of Americans were brought to India with the purpose of displacing Indians in the workforce? Would you like it if Indians got laid off and told that if they wanted their severance pay, they would have to train their American replacements?
We are actually on the same side and I have already answered your questions in this thread.
You have an exact opposite picture of me.

I would like more Americans to get into IT which would be beneficial for H1Bs as well(not the abusers).

Bad apples are in every community.
Only saying to stop generalizing. This would only make the problem worse by spewing hatred and creating divisions.

If immigrants look at this hatred, wouldn't they unknowingly be biased towards hiring Americans?
Is that fixing the problem or making it worse? Hatred always creates more problems and Love always solves them.

You will have to understand that you are a human first and America is just an artificial boundary created by humans.
Stop giving too much importance to it.

You are born in USA just by lottery. It isn't something that you have done.

Wise people like Bill Gates and Warren Buffett realize this already and thats why they help people in Africa.

Its better to have someone coming from outside and working towards the betterment of US rather than someone who is born here and does the opposite.

This is just to warm you up to foreigners and to clear your misunderstanding towards them.

Fyi, you didn't answer my question when I gave an explanation to your comment stating that I was hostile

Last edited by crazyforger; 04-16-2019 at 12:07 AM..

Old 04-16-2019, 12:16 AM

I have no "misunderstanding" towards foreigners. Where did you ever get that idea?

I have a big problem with the whole H1-B visa program as I've already explained. It needs to be abolished. If not that, serious reform has to happen, such as employers can never lay off Americans and force them to train their replacements if they want their severance pay. That needs to be written in any reform of that visa---and it needs to be written in tight language with no loopholes. Serious reform also means that body shops like Tata, Wipro and infosys don't get to hog visas. IOW, no more using the H1-B for the sole purpose of displacing Americans.

The US should never be an employment agency for the entire world. In the US job market, Americans come first. We don't owe the entire world a job.

Once again---answer the question --- How would you like it if Americans came to India to displace Indians in the workforce? How would you like it if Indians were told that they have to train their American replacements if they want their severance pay? How would you like it if these Americans came to India and discriminated against Indians and only hired Americans?

Old 04-16-2019, 06:43 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,344,191 times
Quote:

I don't doubt this for a second; I'm sure it's true. It's very telling that many young Americans still want to work in this field and many have the skills to do so, yet nearly every single new hire brought into any company I've worked at for the last decade has been south Asian...specifically Indian...usually from Andhra Pradesh.

Quote:

The following comment is addressed to CF---It's not "racist" to not like the fact that Americans go without work while visa holders have jobs. I don't care where in the world visa workers come from but they should never be allowed to displace Americans. Period.
I agree 100%. American IT workers lose their jobs every single day to unqualified foreign labor who are brought in solely for arbitrage. It isn't because they're "highly skilled" and we're not. It's because they'll work for less money because they're still getting a better quality of life here in the US than they would in India. It's no secret that nearly 40% of people in Andhra Pradesh would emigrate if given the chance.

India's problems aren't our responsibility and I don't see why we, as Americans, should have to bear any of the costs of its social or economic problems. India is India's responsibility.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies