Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2019, 09:09 AM

1,094 posts, read 499,684 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Im a little simpler than that. I would answer the same if they were hard working altruistic geniuses.

I want US citizens to prosper.

Analogy reaping what you sow. This is corporate America wanting to reap from the US market without sowing into it.

Thank for making this point for me. It's why I can never understand why so many try to come to the defense of US corporations for their predatory and disgusting practices, like pushing out American workers with good jobs and health insurance to import what they hope to turn into docile slave labor from abroad. They're not being good corporate citizens, certainly not job creators in any meaningful way give back to the community. They're just being free-loaders.

Old 10-13-2019, 01:30 PM

22,474 posts, read 12,011,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post
If you read the 100 pages of this thread, only you , bigd, bos2iad have been complaining about how bad they are, why they shouldnt be here, etc using all possible nouns & adjectives. NOt them
Shanv---Just what is your dog in this fight? Every time I ask, you ignore the question. Are you an H1-B? Green card holder?

I have to wonder why you felt it is necessary to call out those of us who see the harm done by the H1-B visa program and why it strikes a nerve for you.

BTW, we aren't the only ones in this thread who are telling it like it is when it comes to H1-B visa holders.

It's time to abolish the H1-B visa program. When it was set up, it was ostensibly done because the US supposedly had a severe shortage of American citizen STEM/IT workers. The visa fees were supposed to be used to train Americans in those fields. Plus, once enough Americans got trained, the visa program was supposed to come to an end. Instead, we have the visa program used to deliberately lay off Americans and replace them with H1-Bs.

And you can't understand why Americans are upset about the whole H1-B program? Again, what is your dog in this fight?

Old 10-14-2019, 03:25 AM

932 posts, read 543,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Shanv---Just what is your dog in this fight? Every time I ask, you ignore the question. Are you an H1-B? Green card holder?

I have to wonder why you felt it is necessary to call out those of us who see the harm done by the H1-B visa program and why it strikes a nerve for you.

BTW, we aren't the only ones in this thread who are telling it like it is when it comes to H1-B visa holders.

It's time to abolish the H1-B visa program. When it was set up, it was ostensibly done because the US supposedly had a severe shortage of American citizen STEM/IT workers. The visa fees were supposed to be used to train Americans in those fields. Plus, once enough Americans got trained, the visa program was supposed to come to an end. Instead, we have the visa program used to deliberately lay off Americans and replace them with H1-Bs.

And you can't understand why Americans are upset about the whole H1-B program? Again, what is your dog in this fight?
Americans have no focus on the real issues.
They always keep going around blaming immigrants for every single flaw.

Guess that's what all the nationalism brainwashing does to people in general.

No nation is perfect. Unless you work on it's flaws, the natives are going to keep on losing.
Americans would lose and then the kids of Indian H1Bs would lose later on.

Noone focusses on college and healthcare reforms.
Why do you need to spend 100s of thousands on college education for IT and then cry about college debt?

Healthcare system is another major scam.

The Senate system needs to be modified.
https://youtu.be/3y1QA6OeAcQ

Nothing gets passed through Senate nowadays.
That's why the executive orders.

Americans hate Mexicans for bringing in drugs and once you cross the border, you see Mexicans hating Americans for supplying guns to cartels. Remove the second amendment and there won't be drugs.

Also look at the amount of debt that got accumulated.

Having kids in America has become dangerously expensive. I see lot of American s opting for dogs instead.

You can't run a country like that.

But America is the greatest country on Earth and these immigrants are spoiling it

Last edited by crazyforger; 10-14-2019 at 03:35 AM..

Old 10-14-2019, 08:30 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,600,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyforger View Post

No nation is perfect. Unless you work on it's flaws, the natives are going to keep on losing.

Why do you need to spend 100s of thousands on college education for IT and then cry about college debt?

Americans hate Mexicans for bringing in drugs and once you cross the border, you see Mexicans hating Americans for supplying guns to cartels. Remove the second amendment and there won't be drugs.

Also look at the amount of debt that got accumulated.

Having kids in America has become dangerously expensive. I see lot of American s opting for dogs instead.

But America is the greatest country on Earth and these immigrants are spoiling it
Scapegoating the immigrant, the law does the corporate bidding in allowing what goes on to continue.

It took a civil war, to curb cheap labor practice of 150+ years ago ... interesting to see the same practice being done today, even after all of that. Some things, never change.

Old 10-14-2019, 10:34 AM

5,462 posts, read 3,037,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post

I am a green card and former H1B. I am also from Trinidad .

The only issue I have is when someone with 2 year associate degree or community college degree calling engineers as low skilled, slave laborers etc. Of course they are many like that, but not its not 100% correct.

This is the truth. If you need global markets like India and China, you offer some concessions in return.

BTW I am back after my "ban" for personal attacks on some Republicans

Old 10-14-2019, 11:34 AM

22,474 posts, read 12,011,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post
I am a green card and former H1B. I am also from Trinidad .

The only issue I have is when someone with 2 year associate degree or community college degree calling engineers as low skilled, slave laborers etc. Of course they are many like that, but not its not 100% correct.

This is the truth. If you need global markets like India and China, you offer some concessions in return.

BTW I am back after my "ban" for personal attacks on some Republicans
Let's be honest. Most H1-Bs range from mediocre to downright incompetent. Having a degree doesn't guarantee competence in employees. Besides, you know darn well that in India, instructors in colleges hand their students a textbook and tell them to memorize it. IOW, these students don't have critical thinking skills and are incapable of thinking outside the box.

Perhaps you will find the following links interesting:

https://www.researchgate.net/post/Wh...ucation_system

An antidote to rote learning | Forbes India Blog

Old 10-14-2019, 12:19 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,296,127 times
Quote:

LOL don't believe for one hot minute that we care about the children of Indian H1Bs. We don't. If they're H4, I can't wait for them to age out and have to go home. If they're US citizens, then they're part of the reason why we should get rid of birthright citizenship.

Quote:

Because you people are here stealing all the jobs, taking over the IT departments, and refusing to hire us.

Quote:

Run more and more by you guys, too...and your kids.

Quote:

You don't know what you're talking about there. If you don't like our system of government, feel free to leave.

Quote:

Before you tell my country how to fix itself, make sure that everyone in India is using a toilet to defecate and urinate instead of doing it in the street or on the beach. Then maybe tell us how to get OUR house in order.

Quote:

You guys kind of are. Most of us wish you'd go home.

Old 10-14-2019, 12:42 PM

932 posts, read 543,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
LOL don't believe for one hot minute that we care about the children of Indian H1Bs. We don't. If they're H4, I can't wait for them to age out and have to go home. If they're US citizens, then they're part of the reason why we should get rid of birthright citizenship.

Because you people are here stealing all the jobs, taking over the IT departments, and refusing to hire us.

Run more and more by you guys, too...and your kids.

You don't know what you're talking about there. If you don't like our system of government, feel free to leave.

Before you tell my country how to fix itself, make sure that everyone in India is using a toilet to defecate and urinate instead of doing it in the street or on the beach. Then maybe tell us how to get OUR house in order.

You guys kind of are. Most of us wish you'd go home.

Don't even get me started on India.

Unlike some educated fools, I prefer to better things wherever I go.

Old 10-14-2019, 12:57 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,296,127 times
Quote:
Don't even get me started on India.

Unlike some educated fools, I prefer to better things wherever I go.
Tell me how you're making America better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies