Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2018, 01:00 PM

244 posts, read 180,962 times

Advertisements

I have been looking at statistics on birth data on Wikipedia. For the two largest states with Conservative-leaning politics, Florida and Texas, the percentages of non-Hispanic White births are only 44% and 34%:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Florida

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Texas

I think it is hard to dispute that GOP is now ideologically the party of Trump, through and through. I also think it is hard to dispute that Trumpism is overwhelmingly a non-Hispanic White ideology. Sure, you'll get a few celebreties challenge the trend but those are flukes that further prove the rule.

So it seems inevitable to me that after nearly complete surrender of Republicans to Trump, it is only a question of time that Conservative politics will die at the federal level. I really don't see Republicans controlling either Executive or Legislative branches of Government in 15-20 years from now. The only way for that to happen is for the US go South African with majority-minority being deprived of civil rights by a police state.

I therefore cannot help but concude that we are now observing the funeral pyre of American Conservative politics. Bright and hot, but almost out of fuel.

Am I missing anything?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2018, 01:07 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,126,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by candalf View Post
I have been looking at statistics on birth data on Wikipedia. For the two largest states with Conservative-leaning politics, Florida and Texas, the percentages of non-Hispanic White births are only 44% and 34%:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Florida

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Texas

I think it is hard to dispute that GOP is now ideologically the party of Trump, through and through. I also think it is hard to dispute that Trumpism is overwhelmingly a non-Hispanic White ideology. Sure, you'll get a few celebreties challenge the trend but those are flukes that further prove the rule.

So it seems inevitable to me that after nearly complete surrender of Republicans to Trump, it is only a question of time that Conservative politics will die at the federal level. I really don't see Republicans controlling either Executive or Legislative branches of Government in 15-20 years from now. The only way for that to happen is for the US go South African with majority-minority being deprived of civil rights by a police state.

I therefore cannot help but concude that we are now observing the funeral pyre of American Conservative politics. Bright and hot, but almost out of fuel.

Am I missing anything?
Nope. They've lost their morals. Only problem is, so have the Democrats. They're not "liberals." They're neoliberals. Look that up if you don't know what it is.

We need a 3rd party that is pro American.

Old 08-12-2018, 01:08 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,658,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Nope. They've lost their morals. Only problem is, so have the Democrats. They're not "liberals." They're neoliberals. Look that up if you don't know what it is.

We need a 3rd party that is pro American.
You may be correct, but I'd need to get a good definition of what "pro American" means.

Old 08-12-2018, 01:11 PM

7,293 posts, read 4,094,821 times
Trump is not a true conservative.

Many Mexican-Americans are true conservatives and very pro-family.

This Trump problem is just a bump in the road.

Old 08-12-2018, 01:13 PM

52,249 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Far left progressive types are dumber than a bag of hammers. I'm a middle of the road guy and if anything more and more of us types are starting to lean right, or at last thinking the right is a bit more on the sane side. Far leftist idealogy is not jiving with a lot of people.

Old 08-12-2018, 01:19 PM

2,753 posts, read 3,312,539 times
It's going to have nothing to do with demographics. You're find more minorities transitioning to the conservative and Trump leaning column due to how unhinged the Left and Liberals have become since the election of 2016. The GOP will continue to be an alternative to when the Democrats keep moving to the Left. They'll gain voters that way, but it will be a slow pace. The millenials are slowly taking over the voter base, and are starting to out number the older generation which tend to be conservative. There's already speculation that the generation after millenials will be as conservative as the generation dying off right now.

Old 08-12-2018, 01:20 PM

3,637 posts, read 1,698,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
Trump is not a true conservative.

Many Mexican-Americans are true conservatives and very pro-family.

This Trump problem is just a bump in the road.

You are correct. This particular time in our history is a lot like what was going on during Watergate. The country settled down, once Nixon was gone, and we leveled out in our differences between the parties.

The GOP has no idea how to handle this Trump problem that has been dumped into their laps. They want to save their hold on the Senate and House, but they don't know how to do that and not upset Trumps core supporters.

Old 08-12-2018, 01:21 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,126,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
You may be correct, but I'd need to get a good definition of what "pro American" means.
Constitution. Fighting for each other. Freedom. Right now we can't even have debates with the current set up. Everybody is getting a different piece of information or perspective. There honestly should be frequent debates about issues publicly.

Old 08-12-2018, 01:22 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,231,974 times
Conservatism has been dead for a Lonnnnnnnnggggggggggggggggggggggg time.

It's been replaced with far-right ideology mixed with tax cut for the rich. Gone were the days of smaller government, capitalism, business-friendliness. Nowadays conservatism is about anti-abortion, anti-gay, anti-Muslim, anti anybody who is a minority, anti-FBI, anti-science, anti-education, anti-intelligence, tariff, protectionism, isolationism, pro-white, and pro-lies.

Old 08-12-2018, 01:25 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,454,917 times
Trump is a problem ... for liberals and RINOS because it means an end to business as usual .

They’ve been too focused on their own jobs and power and not the American people .

This is why they are so desperate to try to bring Trump down in collusion with the special interests and mainstream media .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies