Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2018, 12:41 PM

15,074 posts, read 10,105,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanalsLB View Post
I used to smoke pot a lot. It nearly killed me. I had allergies and developed asthma. It wasn’t until the year that I went to the emergency room more than a dozen times that I quit. I passed out at the ER door more than once. I was intubated about 8 times in that year. Now I am 70 and have severe asthma. Every time I get a cold I get severe bronchitis and my life is in danger. I still cannot grasp how people think that cigarettes are terrible (I never smoked them) but pot is ok.
Whenever you inhale smoke this is the risk you accept. The same could happen with cigarettes, cigars, pipes, etc... Your lungs were never designed to inhale smoke and you in particular are particularly sensitive. This is an issue with your health not with the discussion about pot.

You do realize that your experience isn't the common one....???

Last edited by usayit; 08-21-2018 at 12:56 PM..

Old 08-21-2018, 12:53 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,815,064 times
I think the biggest problem when it comes to this issue is the fact that evangelicals cannot separate their personal beliefs on what "sin" is and what public policy should be. They are unable to grasp that just because they believe marijuana is sinful and is not permissible for believers to partake in doesn't mean it should be prohibited for everyone. There are so many social issues where this is a factor but right now I think marijuana is a pressing issue because of the patchwork of laws ranging from complete legality to something that can get you years behind bars for minuscule amounts.

Old 08-21-2018, 01:31 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,938,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomPenguin View Post
Wish they didnt warn anyone. People who get caught and trying to game their work system should be fired. Ive already addressed my support as anti weed, but this irritates me when people know people are breaking rules, but circumventing the system
You'll be happy to know that my employer never does drug tests as they consider it against our civil liberties. Crazy how some employers expect workers to dedicate their life to the job--and some do it willingly. That's no way to live this beautiful life we all happened to be blessed with.

Old 08-21-2018, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
You'll be happy to know that my employer never does drug tests as they consider it against our civil liberties. Crazy how some employers expect workers to dedicate their life to the job--and some do it willingly. That's no way to live this beautiful life we all happened to be blessed with.
yup.. I've never worked for an employer that did drug tests. I personally would be hesitant to accept a job that is so intrusive on people's lives. I would accept it if the job involved a safety issue like truck driving etc. Then again... the same could be said for alcohol as well.

Old 08-21-2018, 02:28 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Whenever you inhale smoke this is the risk you accept. The same could happen with cigarettes, cigars, pipes, etc... Your lungs were never designed to inhale smoke and you in particular are particularly sensitive. This is an issue with your health not with the discussion about pot.

You do realize that your experience isn't the common one....???
Cigar smoke is not inhaled, just FYI.

Old 08-21-2018, 02:30 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
So, their employer warns them several weeks in advance that they will be tested

Really?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomPenguin View Post
Wish they didnt warn anyone. People who get caught and trying to game their work system should be fired. Ive already addressed my support as anti weed, but this irritates me when people know people are breaking rules, but circumventing the system
I seriously doubt any employer would warn anyone of it. Kinda defeats the purpose.....

Old 08-21-2018, 02:40 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,398,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanalsLB
I used to smoke pot a lot. It nearly killed me. I had allergies and developed asthma. It wasn’t until the year that I went to the emergency room more than a dozen times that I quit. I passed out at the ER door more than once. I was intubated about 8 times in that year. Now I am 70 and have severe asthma. Every time I get a cold I get severe bronchitis and my life is in danger. I still cannot grasp how people think that cigarettes are terrible (I never smoked them) but pot is ok
I'd say that the strong possibility is that you incurred lung damage, and subsequent blood oxygen issues, from the particulate inhaled from the unfiltered plant smoke.

There is no denying that particulate causes emphysema, eventually, and that inhaling marijuana smoke is inhaling a lot of particulate.

Our lungs are pink and delicate. Inhaling anything ruins them. Even vaping incurs a lot of particulate inhalation.

Old 08-21-2018, 02:50 PM

256 posts, read 140,309 times
Anyone try this... Quest AeroInhaler Dispensaries - A Fresh New Way to Consume Cannabis

Old 08-21-2018, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Cigar smoke is not inhaled, just FYI.
You are talking to a cigar smoker.

I inhale a little to get some nicotine high out of it. Its a much stronger hit than a cigarette but shorter lived.

I draw.... exhale some through my nose holding a bit of smoke in mouth and then inhale shallow again into the lungs.

Some cigar smokers do inhale like they would cigarettes..

Also, you always inhale a bit of smoke.. ALWAYS... even as 2nd hand from yourself.

You can take your "FYI" and ...

Old 08-21-2018, 08:53 PM

3,129 posts, read 1,332,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
You can take your FYI and ...
Smoke it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies