Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2018, 06:47 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,382,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
I wanted to add this:

In a free society, power should never be held by private unaccountable persons whose power directly effect others.

You capitalist can try if you will to form some semblance to your slave based system, but all people have a right to freedom.

That means all your land lords, insurance companies, etc. must be controlled by the workers and have equal say by each person.

The capital power of your company isn't then one individual variable, but an accumulation of all the workers' personal capital.

You can get a tenet, workers, etc. to obey the words of one man, but the second a person in a company gives his input into how the company is run, is the second his opinion matters as much as yours or anyone elses.

To put it in simple terms, all 'private companies' (read: unions) would be is a group of workers who all vote, decide, based off of the will of one person. If on separate issues the majority of workers disagree, then that is that.

Same with this whole get your capitalism on, you don't get to start taking over properties and taxing people (with demands of sex or anything else).

If a housing unit (in an apartment or any other singular building) is vacant, then no one gets to tax you for living in there. In this example, the guy wanting sex doesn't live in the housing he is offering. That means the girls get the housing without having to have sex with him.
More hot air into the wind. Set your commune up over there. *points out in the distance

Plus you added a hypothetical that has nothing to do with the sex-for-room exchange.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2018, 06:56 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,439,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
More hot air into the wind. Set your commune up over there. *points out in the distance

Plus you added a hypothetical that has nothing to do with the sex-for-room exchange.
Cool.

Just to check one last time, because I want to make sure we are on the same page.

Every worker gets a say in management/ownership, etc. They can all mutual agree to vote on whatever one person wants, but each individual can stop at any time.

And furthermore, said individual has to agree to be fired as long as he is not committing acts of aggression, hurting anyone else. They'd have to voluntarily agree to be kicked out of the group, the majority cannot enforce expulsion on the individual. They can agree to ignore that individual, but that is it.

So to clarify: An insurance company has 100 workers. 99 agree to do as the 1 says so. 20 people decide they want to do things differently, that becomes 20 vs 80. The 79 on your side still hold the majority. The second those odds turn against you is the second you lose the (fake) 'control' of your company. Is that right?

edit: oh yeah, and because private property is not a thing, insurance companies can only operate under the amount of people who have other people living on extra property that claim to work for them. The second that relationship stops, is the second that the insurance company has no usage anymore. Same with healthcare, if a group of doctors agree to work for one man and charge for their services, that charge would be reliant on the fact that every doctor refuses to offer service, and the fact that the charge would be available everywhere for free as consumables, goods, etc. would exist in excess and not under the direct storage, usage, or protection of some other individual.

Old 09-14-2018, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Cool.

Just to check one last time, because I want to make sure we are on the same page.

Every worker gets a say in management/ownership, etc. They can all mutual agree to vote on whatever one person wants, but each individual can stop at any time.

And furthermore, said individual has to agree to be fired as long as he is not committing acts of aggression, hurting anyone else. They'd have to voluntarily agree to be kicked out of the group, the majority cannot enforce expulsion on the individual. They can agree to ignore that individual, but that is it.

So to clarify: An insurance company has 100 workers. 99 agree to do as the 1 says so. 20 people decide they want to do things differently, that becomes 20 vs 80. The 79 on your side still hold the majority. The second those odds turn against you is the second you lose the (fake) 'control' of your company. Is that right?

edit: oh yeah, and because private property is not a thing, insurance companies can only operate under the amount of people who have other people living on extra property that claim to work for them. The second that relationship stops, is the second that the insurance company has no usage anymore. Same with healthcare, if a group of doctors agree to work for one man and charge for their services, that charge would be reliant on the fact that every doctor refuses to offer service, and the fact that the charge would be available everywhere for free as consumables, goods, etc. would exist in excess and not under the direct storage, usage, or protection of some other individual.
Not reading it. Sorry you don't like the conclusion we came to because it not only preserves anarcho-capitalism but it verifies it as being the default setting of a human being minus a State.

Old 09-14-2018, 07:26 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,439,796 times
Quote:
Not reading it. Sorry you don't like the conclusion we came to because it not only preserves anarcho-capitalism but it verifies it as being the default setting of a human being minus a State.
I'm only wondering because these things are important.

You can do what you want, but there are universal laws of freedom and nature that keep humanity functioning (without having power centered around one person beyond dispute).

So if you have a company, and the majority of workers disagree on the management you suggest, do you lose 'control' of that company.

Old 09-14-2018, 07:36 PM

Quote:
I'm only wondering because these things are important.

You can do what you want, but there are universal laws of freedom and nature that keep humanity functioning (without having power centered around one person beyond dispute).

So if you have a company, and the majority of workers disagree on the management you suggest, do you lose 'control' of that company.
We've already been over all of this though. You keep rehashing it to somehow "win" when it can't be done.

1. No State (we agree there).
2. Humans must physically and verbally interact with each to form whatever partnership they wish (we agree there).

That makes us anarcho-capitalists by default. Sorry you don't like it. This is what I want and it happens. You are angry over this...it seems.

I continue anarcho-capitalism by setting up my system. You set up your commune and become an anarcho-communist.

So if I have a company and the majority of workers disagree on the management I don't know if I lose "control" of the company. It would have to be spelled out in the contract.

One last time...God I hope...

Private dispute resolution councils and private insurance companies are the way to go. I only employee people who agree to the contract under this umbrella.

If they disagree, disrupt, whatever I go to the DRC and get a remedy. No worker is going to have violence or any kind of force levied against them. I'll be made whole by the insurance company regardless if they refuse to leave the factory or not. If they take over the company or not. It doesn't matter to me.

Old 09-14-2018, 08:37 PM

3,366 posts, read 1,607,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
That was explained already. It's not actually consenting when you have few if any other options.
That isn't how anything works. Unless you are a member of the never take responsibility for any actions, blame brigade.

Quote:
You can consent to having sex.

You can't force someone to have sex so they can live in a vacant housing unit.
What are you talking about? I said nothing about force.

Old 09-14-2018, 08:49 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo302 View Post
That isn't how anything works. Unless you are a member of the never take responsibility for any actions, blame brigade.
There are situations many people are put in that are in no way the fault of their own.

Old 09-14-2018, 08:50 PM

Quote:
We've already been over all of this though. You keep rehashing it to somehow "win" when it can't be done.

One last time...God I hope...
It's never one last time, the level of dishonest manipulation and general dense"ness" with these posters seems to ensure that.

Old 09-14-2018, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
There are situations many people are put in that are in no way the fault of their own.
So are you saying that difficulties in life absolve people of the responsibility for thier own decisions?
That's some card carrying member of the Blame Brigade, stuff.

Old 09-14-2018, 09:06 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo302 View Post
So are you saying that difficulties in life absolve people of the responsibility for thier own decisions?
That's some card carrying member of the Blame Brigade, stuff.
Talk about circular.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies