Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2018, 06:55 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
What's funny is those who have your TDS level just can't get past the fact that there are those that didn't vote for Trump and are not "Trumplings" (whatever the hell that is) and yet are pushing back at the constant cheap shots,lies,spin,obfuscation and totally juvenile nicknames for the sitting President. Y'all revert to a 5th grade (or below) mental state speaking like a bunch of kids on a playground and y'all wonder why nobody takes you seriously.

Acting/speaking like a child is not a good look for an adult and (that applies to the President as well just so you know). I do wish he'd (the President) drop the name calling but hey, I don't have his ear so I'll just have to settle with saying it here to the "supposed" adults on this board.

I'd suggest y'all drop the stupid names, present a cogent argument on specific things if/when you ever have one and let the discussion begin...

...and can't keep himself from shifting the topic to the other poster. <yawn...>

Now, back to the topic at hand.

tRump is losing it. We all see it. We don't all acknowledge it.

Sessions is his whipping boy, but hasn't yielded in his desire to act as AG instead of tRump's personal counsel. The AG is America's lawyer, not the president's. Of course, tRump lacks the basic intellect to grasp that reality.

The kubiki theater between the two of them is very entertaining.

Carry on.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2018, 01:38 AM

1 posts, read 99 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
Sessions has 50k+ sealed indictments sitting on ice. An average year sees about 1k sealed indictments, so Sessions has something massive up his sleeve.

This claim is provably false. The total number is mostly accurate, but is not an unusual amount. They are using a study from 2009 (which uses data from 2006), that uses a different methodology than they are using, to compare their results to. This is misleading, and embarrassingly so when you search PACER for recent history.

They claim 1000 sealed proceedings per year is normal out of all 94 districts COMBINED. This is ONE district over only FIVE months, in 2015... it returned 1500 sealed proceedings. This search was made using their EXACT methodology in PACER.

https://i.imgur.com/um7iNN7.png

This is proof that their '1000 per year is normal' claim is false. Additionally, there is no evidence that the numbers we are seeing are unusual.

They are EGREGIOUSLY misleading, if not just flat out lying, in how they are presenting the 'facts'.

I have spent nearly $100 researching this in PACER, and I have spoken with the 'research' team that is maintaining the document. I have more proof if needed. Feel free to ask questions.

Edit: I guess I cant post a link yet. You will have to copy/paste it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies