Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2018, 03:37 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,383,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
Why is everyone dancing around the fact that she lied?

She said she had witnesses that would corroborate her story..and were there...and she named them
...all of the people she named have come out with written statements saying she's lying
The fact is that there is no corroborating evidence or witnesses. Case closed.

Old 09-27-2018, 03:37 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,758,329 times
Go Orrin Hatch!

Old 09-27-2018, 03:38 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Mr. Kavanaugh...request a re-opening of the investigation or you are FOS! Stop hiding behind the Congressional GOP bull-**** artists. You are not a man and should not be allowed to sit on a park bench if you do not have the gonads to ask for an investigation to clear your name.

Old 09-27-2018, 03:38 PM

4,488 posts, read 1,643,904 times
Hatch just made it seem like since they were in high school, it was somehow ok to assault someone!

Old 09-27-2018, 03:39 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,226,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Says someone that likely supports a ***** grabbing thief.
Get help for the TDS.....Donald J Trump is living rent-free in your head.

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
If you sweep everything else out of the way , two things became very apparent in all that we saw today:

1) Dr. Ford showed up, presented herself as a reasonable, intelligent person, and she cooperated 100% to every question, either from the left or right. She was forthcoming and tried to simply tell her story.

2) Kavanuagh did not cooperate, but came in with guns blazing. He had every opportunity to simply cooperate and answer all questions in a clear, honest manner, but he did not. He tried to avoid every question, and refused to say "Yes, I welcome an FBI investigation."

She is willing to undergo any and all investigations, and he is not. I think he knows what the outcome would be.
1 Kavanaugh was playing to an audience of one--Trump

2--Telling Feinstein and anyone else that he was ready for the hearing the day after Ford's statement was released but not asking for an FBI investigation --that WAS telling to me
How could any background be available on Ford the day after her name was released??

3--even if he knows the FBI won't detail a conclusions as to who is right/wrong, the FBI will be able to investigate Kavanaugh's behavior while at prep school and college
The FBI will be able to interrogate "witnesses" as to what was normal behavior for Kavanaugh and his group and for Ford
The FBI is not a paid GOP staffer or a paid Dem staffer
The FBI just looks for evidence and they can get it
Mark Judge would find it much harder to stay no responsive 'I don't know" when the FBI asked him questions about incidents in his books he has already stated were based on his prep school days and after

4--Kavanaugh in the parts I saw came across as petulant and highly overwrought--more like what I think people thought Ford would react when facing the harder questions from Miller--
Miller was pretty benign really although she did get pitched questions that I am sure the GOP came up with --
Like if anyone was paying Ford's attorneys or who paid for the polygraph
Really offensive to me

5--Did anyone ask who was paying for Kavanaugh's attorney--cause I think tht is the American people paying for that...

Last edited by loves2read; 09-27-2018 at 03:50 PM..

2,418 posts, read 2,037,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
It's pretty crazy to be considering a guy who has been accused by more than one woman of inappropriate behavior without investigating first.

If he wanted to preserve US dignity, he'd step down and let Trump nominate someone with less baggage.

I mean, Gorsuch got appointed without any problem.
That's the last thing he should do. These are still accusations, they are in no way absolutes. I hope he fights back for all it's worth. Not only should he do this on principle, and for him and his family...he should press on for our country.

He should do this for all of us who WERE abused, because if he doesn't, and backs off to "preserve US dignity", then every progress we have made as women is in vain. What a disservice that would be to women everywhere.

We deserve so much better than this "prove your innocence" slime we as a country are having to swallow.

12,350 posts, read 9,722,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimchee View Post
I hope so, his performance has been abysmal. If he is a Democrat, I would be ashamed to vote for him!
I'm a conservative independent and anything but a Democrat. But from what I've seen this afternoon, he would have helped himself more by just not showing up.

This is shaping up as a first-round knockout by Mrs. Ford....something almost no one expected.

988 posts, read 683,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
She consented to a polygraph and passed and is willing to undergo a full FBI investigation...due process is welcome but not by the perp.
I said an investigation into Kavanaugh and Mark Judge is warranted. Kavanaugh is not a "perp" yet.

For your reading pleasure: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Day-ca...abuse_hysteria Evidence is always needed.

You can't rush to investigate everything. If you're the republicans, you could pay somebody to make up fiction. "Kavanaugh did X, Y, and Z. Horrible things!" Investigation ensues. Accusation turns out to be hogwash. Accuser is "troubled," disappears from stage. Now the TRUE allegations are called into question. After all, one accusation was false. That's why they need to determine what is credible and not. Crazy people are out there, making up stories.

Old 09-27-2018, 03:40 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
Hatch just made it seem like since they were in high school, it was somehow ok to assault someone!
And that's the problem

The more these old guys talk, the more they do Kavanaugh a disservice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies