Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2018, 03:28 PM

23,598 posts, read 12,543,921 times

Advertisements

I have not watched all of the testimonies , yet. From what I have seen, I'm still on the fence and waiting for proof.

The two mystery men -- those on the left have been pointedly ignoring them, both before and after her testimony it seems ... why? When a new person comes out to 'accuse' BK the left is all over it and heavily discussing them, but these two guys come out and it's crickets .. again, why? If these two had come out to back up one of the women, or to accuse BK of sexual assaulting them, those on the left would sure be talking about them then. I realize that Ford had discounted them in her testimony, which she had to do, if she didn't then her narrative would have gone down the drain...she and her lawyers knew that. But, those on the left were ignoring these two guys even before her testimony(they can't now say 'since she dismissed them then so will we').

Why are those on the left afraid of these two guys? Is it because if they are speaking the truth then that changes everything?

Old 09-27-2018, 03:29 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
I have a question, why is has been actress Alyssa Milano in the hearing? I'm watching Judge Kavanaugh on my big screen tv and all I see is her face behind the judge.....what the hell she has to do with this case and who invited her?
Is she sitting next to Juanita Broadrick?

2,102 posts, read 1,004,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
Oh I have and I have blacked out before. See it’s easy

Roommate: do you remember flashing Joe last night
Me: no

Years later:

Didn’t you tell your roommate you blacked out and did remember flashing a boy?
Me: yes, I was embarrassed so I said I did not remember.

How does one get in my mind yo prove I blacked out?
The difference is: you admitted to blacking out, Kavanaugh stated, under oath, that he never did.

So if someone from his high school comes forth and provides the same roommate scenario as you did above, it would prove that he lied.

6,752 posts, read 3,368,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Pubs...

Next time, don't nominate a crybaby.

Well, in addition to not nominating a sexual predator.
So.... the next time your life gets destroyed over unproven allegations based on a statement by an unstable woman from 36 years ago, let's see how you react.

As to your second ridiculous statement, he has a LOT more to back up his story than she has about hers, which is to say, nothing.

The Dems devolved into talking about yearbooks and beer farts and Lindsey Graham put them right on their place. The whole thing is crap and meant as delay tactics, and the Dems know it.

Old 09-27-2018, 03:30 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,273,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
If you sweep everything else out of the way , two things became very apparent in all that we saw today:

1) Dr. Ford showed up, presented herself as a reasonable, intelligent person, and she cooperated 100% to every question, either from the left or right. She was forthcoming and tried to simply tell her story.

2) Kavanuagh did not cooperate, but came in with guns blazing. He had every opportunity to simply cooperate and answer all questions in a clear, honest manner, but he did not. He tried to avoid every question, and refused to say "Yes, I welcome an FBI investigation."

She is willing to undergo any and all investigations, and he is not. I think he knows what the outcome would be.

no she is not!/.....she refuses to file a police report with the ONLY law enforcement that has jurisdiction, MARYLAND!

Last edited by CaseyB; 09-27-2018 at 04:37 PM.. Reason: TOS violation

Old 09-27-2018, 03:30 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Jesus, what an evasive Kavanaugh answer re: whether he was the "Bart Kavanaugh" in Mark Judge's book.
Not BART Kavanaugh
But BARF Kavanaugh
Not the Simpson reference---but the barfing drunk reference

Old 09-27-2018, 03:32 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
Give it time.

Never have the leftist Democrats worked harder to ensure that the conservative right, not to mention the WalkAways are intensely motivated to vote in the midterms.

THANKS!!
I don't know where you think these Dems are who are "walking away"
None of my friends who are Dems contemplate that

4,960 posts, read 2,238,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Kavanaugh is afraid to submit to an investigation and he certainly will never consent to a polygraph. His accuser has consented to both. He is a liar and has lied under oath on multiple occasions and it is now public knowledge.
I am not aware of any situation where the accused had to "consent" to be investigated. Kavanaugh clearly stated that he would do whatever the committee wanted him to do.

988 posts, read 682,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Is the FBI investigating the man who gave Grassley a written statement saying he was at the party? Hope so.
You can't investigate everything.

1) Accuser is nutjob,

2) Accuser is plant (republicans plant false accuser, to shed doubt on true accusations)

And so on. Deciding whether to investigate is good police work. An investigation of Mark Judge is warranted here, at least.

Old 09-27-2018, 03:33 PM

25,747 posts, read 18,818,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
The dude helped scribble out the unpatriotic act, so spare us the good guy b.s.
that is where he should have been attacked, not decades old accusations that have never been brought to light until now.
You mean Obamacare? Yeah, he did have a hand in that. I was a little wary of the guy until the absurd friggin' witch hunt started--I'm surprised someone hasn't accused him of beating off when he was eight years old, and tried to crucify him for doing so. Now I hope he gets in there just to pizz you people off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies