Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2018, 03:45 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,214,152 times

Advertisements

Really funny a Catholic Magazine put out by Jesuits (Those who run most Catholic High Schools) have dropped their endorsement. I understand that the K Of C is also dropping their endorsement. It's time for Kav to withdraw.

Old 09-28-2018, 03:46 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,087,737 times
Another week for the circus to play out. Another week for another 100 so called victims to pop out and say well I think it was him, can’t make out the face, yes it must’ve been him, good grief. By Sunday there’ll be a couple of guys too saying hey yeah, Brett grabbed my crotch and was trying to pull me into the showers.

Advice for high school and college guys: do not drink, do not ever go to a party, do not keep any notes or calendars or anything that you think even remotely could be used against you. Delete all your social media immediately and hope nothing ever catches up with you. Also never be alone ever with any female maybe till you’re at least 40.

Old 09-28-2018, 03:46 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,829,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
her own witnesses that said she lied...
Link? Legit question, I must have missed that. The only thing I can find is that Kavanaugh's classmate says Kavanaugh lied. https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...tv-vpx-bts.cnn

Old 09-28-2018, 03:47 PM

18,449 posts, read 8,275,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
No, it is an update of his background check file.
That's not what it says....."supplemental" investigation into the allegations of sexual assault

16,579 posts, read 20,709,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
I welcome a fair process that isn't derailed by dirty politics from the Democrats. But apparently, I can't get that because the Democrats already destroyed that hope. The fact that Ford's only purported witnesses did not provide any corroboration and you're willing to derail a process based on nothing more than an accusation with no time, date, or location attached does not make you rational; precisely the opposite. He will be exonerated but mark my words, it will not be enough for Democrats. Make sure to revisit this post when that proves true.
The process isn't being derailed. It's being delayed by a week. I'm willing to abide by the results. Aren't you?

1,718 posts, read 1,055,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Get off your high horse. She already said she would welcome an investigation. She has nothing to hide.
Well, did she or did she not scrub her internet history and have her yearbook suppressed so people couldn't find it online?

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/09/...appear-online/

https://www.realclearinvestigations....yearbooks.html

I have a sneaking suspicion that the Republicans just called the Dems bluff. LOL

Old 09-28-2018, 03:48 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaTwo View Post
Another week for the circus to play out. Another week for another 100 so called victims to pop out and say well I think it was him, can’t make out the face, yes it must’ve been him, good grief. By Sunday there’ll be a couple of guys too saying hey yeah, Brett grabbed my crotch and was trying to pull me into the showers.

Advice for high school and college guys: do not drink, do not ever go to a party, do not keep any notes or calendars or anything that you think even remotely could be used against you. Delete all your social media immediately and hope nothing ever catches up with you. Also never be alone ever with any female maybe till you’re at least 40.
By all means...tell all the males you know who held their hands over the mouth of a screaming 15 year old girl while pinning her down to erase their social media history.

16,579 posts, read 20,709,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
An FBI investigation is a slam dunk for Kavanaugh and the Repubs. Here's why. 1) They don't have to be the fall guys anymore, leave all that junk at the doorstep of the FBI. 2) The FBI has already said that the statute of limitations has passed and there can't be a crime at this point. 3) The Dems, who have been pushing hard for the one week delay, will be out of options at that point and will still walk out on his confirmation, having been beaten at their own game. 4) Allowing an investigation shows actual victims of sexual abuse that the Repubs care about due process..
I'll hate to see Kavanaugh on the SCt. but I agree with you.

6,933 posts, read 2,390,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Exactly. So I don't know why the right is digging in its heels over this. Let the investigation happen and get yourselves another Gorsuch--someone who isn't accused of sexual assault.

That seems to be Trump's thinking.
The only ones digging heals are the dems, and RINO Flake.

There is no evidence, case closed.

Old 09-28-2018, 03:49 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,159,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
The burden of proof is on you because you brought it up.
No it isn’t. The burden of “proof” is on no one. If you want to prove it isn’t true, go for it. This is a chat forum, no one is required to provide proof, regardless. However, it is especially highly annoying when finding the “proof” yourself requires nothing more than putting three key words in google. If you are on this forum you are computer savvy enough that you shouldn't need to be spoon fed information like a young student or an illiterate adult. Sheesh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies