Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2018, 05:07 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,828,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
If she does not testify, then she has not lied.....

WHY will she not testify?

She's asked for an investigation for one reason--to DELAY the vote.

Old 09-19-2018, 05:08 PM

21,476 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
This was roughly 35 years ago (1983-ish, we don't know exactly what year because the supposed "victim" doesn't remember when it supposedly happened ), and at least in the state I lived in at the time, beer and wine were legal at age 18. Liquor was 21.
In Texas 18 was the legal drinking age for all alcohol in 1983.

Old 09-19-2018, 05:10 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Being from Ohio, I heard a report yesterday that Sherrod Brown has a record of spousal abuse, and is fighting for his political life because of it.

Funny ...the Demonrats don't seem to care about their own when such a record is revealed.''

Then there's Keith Ellison. How many others? Of course, probably the most famous case ...Ted Kennedy.
Sherrod Browns ex wife refutes the claim made by republicans. So the supposed victim is saying that it didn't happen. Is that not good enough?

And Keith Ellisons case is being investigated, unlike the allegations against Kavanaugh.

Old 09-19-2018, 05:10 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,800,352 times
@PoliticalKel
·
3h
"My yearbook is rife with references to my direct participation in an EPIC level of debauchery, but I can clearly remember every single thing that happened back then, and I didn't do any of it." - Brett #Kavanaugh

Old 09-19-2018, 05:11 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I honestly don't belive the Democratic party orchestrated this woman's accusation for their political purpose. Will they use it for their political purpose -- DAM straight and any Republican party would do the same.

I honestly don't believe that if Kavannaugh was in fact guilty of this act on that night that it is a life sentence and should mean he can't do his job as SCOTUS. 17, drunk, urged on by peers -- it's a situation.

I don't think this woman made this up (1).

I do think that the reaction in DC is problematic. We have a whole bunch of old men talking about how they are accommodating this woman by just providing her with an opportunity to have a hearing. (2)

They have no intention of changing their minds and you can hear it in their quotes, see it in their faces. (3)

It's a problem with our environment.

Be clear -- I am not sure this is something that should stop someone from being on the Supreme Court. (4)

I did some stuff in my teens that is not representative of who I was in my 20's, or now....and I would hate for all of you to judge me for that stuff.

But this whole thing stinks. We are so politically divided we have lost our humanity. We don't know how to not attack this woman or attack the accuser....(5)

Did you even read what you wrote?

(1) She cannot give a time, date, or where and you believe this?

(2) She has been given the choice of who interviews her...not just a bust of old nasty white guys.....do you hate old men?

(3) She cannot give a time, date, or where and you believe this, why should they?

(4) BE CLEAR, really.....She cannot give a time, date, or where and you believe this?

(5) Then you write this after telling everyone is wrong....sorry, but you are the problem....

Old 09-19-2018, 05:13 PM

21,476 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milton Miteybad View Post
The reason the Senate, Kavanaugh and Trump aren't calling for an FBI investigation is the same reason the FBI has refused to investigate this matter in the first place: There is no allegation of a violation of federal law involved in this little tiff. As such, it lies entirely outside the FBI's jurisdiction.

And, as your own reading of today's letter from Chuck Grassley to Dr. Ford's attorneys attests, the U.S. Senate has no power to commandeer an agency of the executive branch to conduct their due diligence for them with regard to vetting judicial nominees. Which is to say...that even if the Senate Judiciary Committee ordered the FBI to investigate this matter (and they obviously cannot), the FBI still cannot investigate it because they have no jurisdiction, which in this case would lie squarely with the local and state authorities where the alleged incident occurred.

Dr. Ford will do well to look to the local authorities where this purported event allegedly occurred for her investigation. Of course, for that to happen, she will have to remember where and when it actually happened, both critical items of data which she's having trouble pinpointing with any certainty or clarity.

It's probably just as well that Dr. Ford can't remember anything about this event that would help the investigators. After all, depending on where this occurred, and once again, we must remember that Dr. Ford has repeatedly said she cannot remember when or where this occurred, it is nonetheless almost a certainty that the matter is now rendered completely moot, having been barred under the applicable statute(s) of limitations.
Considering what she alleges has a statute of limitations that ran about 30 some odd years ago, there is no reason for the local police to investigate.

Old 09-19-2018, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
There is no claim of sexual assault involving Ellison. There are claims of domestic assault of a psychological sort. There are also counter claims from Ellison and his daughter.

So you are cool with assault, just not sexual....For "F" sake folks, you cannot make this crap up....really...

Old 09-19-2018, 05:16 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,828,087 times
Idiot Grassley even offered to have someone travel to CA to interview Ford or take her testimony. Give me a break. Kavanaugh is set to appear; so should she. SHE is the accuser.

As it is now, she has until Friday to change her mind. If she doesn't, the vote will take place on Monday.

This California flake should pack her [w]ussy hat, and get down there.

Old 09-19-2018, 05:16 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,436,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
That's not what I said -- and that's a big jump to a conclusion.

This is a unique situation.

FBI is in charge of doing a back ground check to see what kind of things in the nominee's past may be problematic.

This is all different.
Considering its up to Trump...Hahahah...like he s gonna order an investigation of sexual misconduct hahahahahahahaha......
whew!...
hahahahahahahahahaha

Old 09-19-2018, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
She's asked for an investigation for one reason--to DELAY the vote.

Agreed....

Cannot tell where.
Cannot give time.
Cannot give place.
Cannot tell how many.

BUT BY GOD.....Kav is guilty, he did it, no doubt in my mind....I Just don't everything...sorta, kinda....well, not really sure....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies