Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2018, 04:35 PM

34,941 posts, read 36,362,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
If you want to know where most of the name calling came from that my sister endured: It was her own mother. (my bio mom) But she still went through it, and she still came out with that pos going to prison. So WHAT if someone doesn't believe you. Go to the police, let them do their job. The sooner you report it, the better the chance of getting evidence to catch the person.

Three decades later is too late, and when it's thrown at the very end of a confirmation hearing, is it any wonder that people are doubting this person and her story? PLUS that she can't provide much information, PLUS that none of her witnesses corroborate her story, PLUS she kept making up excuses not to testify and got very demanding.

If you had the chance to tell your story to prevent someone from gaining a position of power, would you then start making demands about how everything will be done, or would you just go and tell your damn story already?
I don't know, Three Wolves. I'm not her.

I think we all handle traumas in different ways.

Maybe someone did push her to come forward.. that wouldn't mean it wasn't true.

Maybe it's all a fabrication. But... I don't want to dismiss someone who may be telling the truth.

There are DOZENS of federal judges who are conservative. Why not pick one without all this baggage?

Gorsuch got confirmed without nonsense like this.

Old 09-24-2018, 04:36 PM

30,736 posts, read 18,419,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Maybe she was across the country, not caring about the courts he presided over... the SCOTUS, however, is a biggie.

I don't know. I'm not her.
Maybe she's making it up?

Old 09-24-2018, 04:36 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,093,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
So... Let's say you're applying for a job, or a promotion. Would it be OK for a rivals's friend, etc., to go to the company and accuse you of committing a crime (let's say embezzlement, or vandalizing a school or former employer, etc.) with no evidence whatsoever just to give his/her friend etc., a better chance at the job/promotion? Should the company just believe the accusation even if there's no corroborating evidence?

If that's the new standard, some people are going to have a LOT of fun with that! It'll make the after college job search all that much more interesting... LIE about your rivals before THEY lie about you!
ABSOLUTELY! As long as the person being accused belongs to a group you don't like or holds (political,social) beliefs that you don't agree with then it's just FINE to destroy their lives. In fact it's now ENCOURAGED! It's a new freaking sport!

Old 09-24-2018, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
You are an opportunist. Time, place and manner tells the tale. So, don’t bother with the indignant rejoinder. Clear enough?
You don't know a damned thing about me and that's incredibly rude.

I think Trump is a piece of crap, and his choices are stupid and dedicated to his "ratings" as if this country is reality TV, but at the end of the day, if this guy didn't have a woman accusing him of sexual assault, I'd just roll my eyes and let this slide by, because there's not much that can be done about it if Congress confirms him.

I can rejoinder all I please. You can always not respond.

Old 09-24-2018, 04:38 PM

25,894 posts, read 16,610,681 times
Quote:
I'm not a moron. I'm offended that you think that consensual groping is the same thing as forcing a woman to let you shove your hands down her pants or into her shirt or kissing her without her permission.

If you think that's okay, you need to point that moron finger in your direction and out of mine, slick.
They were KIDS for God’s sake. And where in the F has she been with this baloney for the last 36 years. You’re a MORON if you give this any credence.

Old 09-24-2018, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Don’t be opportunistic. I’m not asking why people don’t come forward. Won’t. You want that, in order to shape the conversation, manipulate it. Whether someone was or was not assaulted has zero to do with the merits, credibility or believability of an 111/2 hour sneak attack.
How people treat people who have been assaulted has a lot to do with how this is being handled. You have no idea whether or not this woman is telling the truth unless you were there.

27,723 posts, read 28,843,823 times
Quote:
There are DOZENS of federal judges who are conservative. Why not pick one without all this baggage?

Gorsuch got confirmed without nonsense like this.
Appointing one conservative-leaning Supreme Court Justice was bad enough.

Appointing two in a row is too hard to bear for liberal Democrats.

1,808 posts, read 4,048,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Have you forgotten what country you live in?
You cant make people take lie detector tests.
If I have to allow my credit history to be reviewed to get a part time job at Home Depot, then I do not think a lie detector test is over the top for a life time, highest court in the land, judge job.
Quote:
they are not allowed in court
Good thing we are not in court then. I would not want to do something that is not allowed.

Quote:
This as you probably know is not how Congress or any organization operates. The only outcome to changing the rules of organization is political advantage. Anything else is again, manipulation in order to gain advantage.
So, Congress never investigates or holds hearings? You sure about that?

Old 09-24-2018, 04:40 PM

59,438 posts, read 27,599,422 times
Quote:
Choosing to tear down women who accuse people of sexual assault is a big part of the story around this confirmation.

You being rude won't change that.

"Choosing to tear down women who accuse people of sexual assault is a big part of the story around this confirmation."

How about tearing down MEN who are FALSELY accued by woman of sexual assault"

Or do you believe it doesn't happen?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies