Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2018, 08:08 PM

39,897 posts, read 26,586,483 times

Advertisements

I have seen all kinds of posts on social media saying that Dr. Ford was a long term Democrat. Not simply that, but an activist, participating in the loony "pink pu**y hat" marches. Others about her previous opposition to Trump and his policies. Supposedly she wiped her social media account(s) of posts attacking conservatives/supporting Dems. Other things about her history that don't bear repeating.

Now if there is one thing I've learned-it's don't trust what you see on social media. Rather it's Info Wars or Occupy Democrats-far, far too many of the stories are outright lies and fabrications. Facebook posts are as useless as CNN as a source for facts.

So, what is the true story (with links please). Does she have a history of supporting Dems/activism etc? To be willing to be promote the story she has, in such a public way, means she is either telling the truth (very possible) or some reason to be willing to lie. If she IS lying-where is the motivation?

Yes, this will probably be merged in the big thread, but I'm hoping it will stay seperate for a bit. I haven't really had time to research this the way I'd like-and honestly am not sure where to look for an unbiased, factual source.

Old 09-27-2018, 08:08 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,392,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
There's evidence and witnesses but the 'pubs won't allow them or allow an investigation - so THAT's why. How dumb do they think people are?

Kavanaugh totally lost it - several times. Such righteous indignation that he can't even talk about his drinking! He's clearly a problem drinker - why is he so flushed all the time? Oh - that's the righteous indignation.

He doesn't have the temperament required of ANY judge much less a Supreme Court Justice. There has to be dozens of better candidates out there for the court...the problem is that they wouldn't be as nice to Trump when his isht hits the fan! Talk about the Boy's Club!
This ^^^^^^^

Old 09-27-2018, 08:09 PM

7,519 posts, read 2,819,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
No, he didn't. Clinton won the majority of the American vote. Fact.
This is very old.

16,236 posts, read 5,901,025 times
Quote:
Oh boy. You have no idea about the rage spreading across this nation, by women and their allies, do you?

Yeah, the GOP killed the unions. Result: dying middle class and rising poverty. Gotta hand it to the GOP: they sure know how to convince/romance people with nothing to lie down just a bit deeper in the dirt.
Some would argue that the Unions priced themselves out of business. It can also be argued that NAFTA put a hurt on our Unions because NAFTA put a real hurt on American industry. It's true that the GOP is no friend to the Union, but what did Clinton or Obama do for them? What did Carter do for them? Carter deregulated the trucking industry which killed our rail industry. The Rail Industry was huge and hard core Union.

Result the Dems are as bad for working Americans as the GOP. Add to this the democrats constantly defending illegals.

In this case. The dems are once again using politics to drive an agenda. They dont want Kavanaugh so they dig deep pull out a woman who really can't state for sure when or where it happened, her witnesses dont support her story. It reminds of when Reid lied about Romney's taxes. Any lie, any low blow, anything just to win.
Both parties disgust me, but the dems do this more than anyone. Where was their collective outrage when their darling Billy was accused? Oh yeah it was directed at the victims who Bill was paying off.

36,853 posts, read 17,413,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
Ok. Stop being a disgusting male.
I'm all-in on being a disgusting male. it disqualifies me from future political positions.

Thank you Lord for finding a way out for me.

22,009 posts, read 9,579,345 times
Quote:
Oh, get over it. Go read how the electoral college works. Maybe you will learn something.

2,818 posts, read 1,558,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
Stop acting like you are speaking for all women because you sure don't speak for this one.
No, I don't speak for Republican women who must believe that their Great White Daddy (or Husband) is right at all times. I speak for the rest of America's women, who've had it with Republican misogyny.

Old 09-27-2018, 08:10 PM

3,346 posts, read 1,274,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
Ford was the only one even remotely credible, and she had nothing but a memory full of holes to present today. For what it's worth, I think she either was assaulted, or believes she was assaulted, but she had no proof that it was Kavanaugh, whereas there are three others who say it wasn't him.
Well it's obvious your mind is already made up. Me personally, I would rather pick another nominee for the court or at least have an investigation into this. Is it too much to ask? Or is this all about politics really? Pretty sad if it is.

2,818 posts, read 1,558,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Oh, get over it. Go read how the electoral college works. Maybe you will learn something.
Oh, you're talking about the manipulated electoral college. My bad. I was talking about the fact that Clinton won the majority of American votes.

17,374 posts, read 11,342,569 times
Quote:
I guess you haven't noticed yet she's not in the White House, Trump is
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies