Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2018, 02:02 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,968,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobo1 View Post
she doesn't need the go fund me money. I'm sure she has already been very well compensated.
How do you know this? How do all you Kavanaugh supporters know he's innocent? How do you know Ford is lying? How do you know she is being paid for her testimony? How do you know Ford has some political motivation to ruin Kavanaugh? Where did the Republicans get their miraculous crystal balls from? I would love to have one of those. You guys have it all figured out already

Old 09-28-2018, 02:03 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,903,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
She's not a doctor at all. I discussed this in a separate topic I made.
No, you posted a poll asking others if they considered it necessary to have a medical degree in order to be termed a "doctor". Poll results (rightfully) shot down this idea, and a large majority of posters said that individuals holding PhDs or other doctoral degrees had also earned the right to be addressed as and considered to be "doctors".

Go back and re-read that thread. Your claim is not correct at all. You are speaking solely for yourself if you only consider medical doctors to be "doctors".

24,201 posts, read 19,219,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
People I know who graduated first in their class and went onto Ivy were precisely like that. Guess they had a whole hidden side I never knew about then, huh?
It depends.

Did they boast in their yearbook about drinking and sexual exploits?

Do they have a best friend who wrote a book called "Wasted: Tales of Gen-X Drunk"?

Did they have roommates and other classmates who have issued statements that they were heavy drinkers?

5,792 posts, read 5,111,041 times
Quote:
People I know who graduated first in their class and went onto Ivy were precisely like that. Guess they had a whole hidden side I never knew about then, huh?
Yeah and they didn’t try to rape people......most normal people didn’t try to rape people. Scums like this man thinks he can swindle the country by playing on his good boy image. Only fools and cultists with no critical skills will believe this Brett scum. What a travesty that he was picked precisely so that trump won’t face an indictment.....what a sorry country this has become. I can’t wait for November when the dems retake the government.

Old 09-28-2018, 02:04 PM

3,841 posts, read 1,980,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
The detail is that Kavanaugh lied. The law in MD changed when he was 17. Yes, before that it was 21 for hard spirits and 18 for beer. On July 1, 1982, when Kavanaugh was still 17, it changed to 21 for beer. Those who were 18, 19, and 20 were grandfathered in and remained legal. Under 18, like Kavanaugh was, they were subject to the new law and were not of legal drinking age until they turned 21.

I would have been willing to believe Kavanaugh misremembered and/or misspoke the first time he said it. But there have been countless articles pointing out the error and yet he still made the same false claim in sworn testimony.

Lying to Congress during your confirmation hearing is - to put it mildly - problematic.
No, he said in high school that year during the summer the seniors were legal and were able to legally buy beer for themselves and the younger kids. Wouldn’t those seniors who turned 18 before July still be legal under that law? I don’t remember him testifying that he never consumed beer underage.

22,923 posts, read 15,497,191 times
Quote:
That's quite possibly the weakest argument I've heard yet. Really, he claimed and it seemed even from your own information provided here that seniors who were already 18 were legal to drink. And really, underage drinking? This is your big thing to go after him for? Here I thought the left had sunk as low as possible. You keep lowering your standard each and every time.
He was seventeen at the time and illegally drinking and thus lied to the panel. It's not the drinking under age, it's the lying under oath...Jeeeez

30,708 posts, read 79,831,000 times
The investigation issue is silly. Everyone is trying to play games and ignore the real issue.

Dems want an investigation because they hope they can delay a vote until after the election. Kavanaugh and Reps do not want an investigation because it may delay the vote until after the election. Kavanaugh said he would welcome an investigation. However he does not want to ask for one because that may mean he will not get appointed. At the same time he cannot say he will not ask for one because that will be twisted into him not wanting an investigation and being afraid of the results. I do not think he is afraid of the results, I think he is afraid of a possible outcome of the election. Neither side will just admit the truth that everyone already knows, so they beat around the bush and play games.

There is no reason for him to be afraid of the results. The democrats have had this since July 31. It would be naive to believe they have not already poured resources into investigation and trying to find corroborating evidence. It would be stupid of them not to and they are not stupid. It is very unlikely the FBI will expend anywhere near the resources the Democrats have already expended and if they did not find anything meaningful, there is almost no likelihood the FBI will either. In fact, it should be the democrats who are afraid of an investigation. If they could not find anything more then the FBI will likely not be able to find anything more. If the FBI finds nothing, or finds evidence supporting Kavanaughs position, it will not only cost them the Supreme Court (which is already lost) it will cost them the election. Flake's move is actually very clever. He looks good regardless of whether there is an investigation, but if there is and Kavanaugh is cleared, Dems take a huge hit right before the election. If Kavanaugh is shown to be guilty, Flake is a hero because he is the one who demanded the investigation. Flake is not a flake after all.

Unless the Democrats are sandbagging, but that would be a very very dangerous game.

7,639 posts, read 8,713,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
explain what could possibly serve as 'absolute concrete proof' he did it..

this should be fun.

Omarosa will provide a tape.

44,259 posts, read 64,384,306 times
I'm a conservative.
I want a conservative on the bench.
I don't want someone who can't separate church and state.
Ever.
Come on.
We can do way better than this silver spoon Ken Starr sleazebagging civil rights violating guy.

2,418 posts, read 2,037,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
Has Ford's friend, Keyser, asked Ford why she left her at a party alone with two guys who attempted to rape Ford? If I was Keyser, I would be a little angered over that.

Oh wait, the incident would have to actually happened.
That's a point I wish Ford supporters would respond to. I have to keep up with this thread on work breaks, so I hope I haven't missed someone's comment to that.

I also wish Ford supporters would comment on the very real possibility that Ford (and DiFi) allowed other women to be placed at risk by not coming forward sooner - IF Kavanaugh is guilty of these accusations. If they REALLY cared about the safety of women, they would have "exposed" Kav sooner. The fact that they did not......100% politically motivated and ZERO % wanting actual justice.

Ford is the left's political puppet, she's clearly been traumatized by events in her youth and I would bet this incident was not the only time. I don't think Kavanaugh is the one who did this to her, but DiFi ran with it & has left Ford even more traumatized. DiFi should be charged with pyschological abuse of someone not wholly in control of her faculties.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies