Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2018, 06:51 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Then why does 90% of the Canadian population live within a few miles of the U.S. border?

The relevancy of which would be what exactly?

Why did 90% of the U.S. population live east of the Mississippi when there was only 35 million of you?

Why does your dog's breath smell like kibble?

Last edited by BruSan; 09-26-2018 at 06:59 AM..

Old 09-26-2018, 09:21 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
The relevancy of which would be what exactly?

Why did 90% of the U.S. population live east of the Mississippi when there was only 35 million of you?

Why does your dog's breath smell like kibble?
It is relevant as the proximity shows me at least three things. The populace wants a southern most climate, and benefits from and is comfortable with the closeness to the United States. Your condescending tone, and manner is typical of a far leftist, and you don't disappoint.

Your two statements after the first sentence are more irrelevant than even your Prime Minister.

Old 09-26-2018, 11:43 AM

7,103 posts, read 5,985,179 times
All I can think about when I think Canada is Rick Moranis. Take off aaaa ya hoser.

Old 09-26-2018, 12:22 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times
Quote:
It is relevant as the proximity shows me at least three things. The populace wants a southern most climate, and benefits from and is comfortable with the closeness to the United States. Your condescending tone, and manner is typical of a far leftist, and you don't disappoint.

Your two statements after the first sentence are more irrelevant than even your Prime Minister.
Naaah; you know my condescending tone is just responding to yours in a like manner....something you can't seem to understand.

Closeness to the United States? Mmm, those trade routes for trappers, aboriginal hunter gatherer's and explorers were established before there was a United States. Something to do with the geography of the land as anyone would understand if they bothered to engage common sense.

Something else you should consider is the frontier-like aspect of Canada being larger than your country with only 1/10th the population. Would you expect them all to actively seek living away from historical and established travel and rail lines. We've still got land that's never had a human foot touch it, can you say the same?

"Leftist" is only an insult to those idiots entranced by today's American disfunctional political scene. No one else shives-a-git and is amused to the point of laughing at you.

Old 09-26-2018, 12:41 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,594,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
I'm not going to defend the American system of healthcare - which quite frankly is a joke - however, $1,200 to remove glass from your foot seems pretty reasonable. Your options basically are:
1. Pay the $1200 and not have foot pain
2. Do the job yourself
3. Let the piece of glass in your foot and deal with the pain.

Skip the next 6 months of the I-Phone bill if need be -- and fix the foot.
Seriously, you think that is reasonable???

Wow.

Let me tell you a bit more about the difference. My girlfriend came to visit me here in Canada. She had forgotten a prescription drug she needs. She was concerned about the cost of visiting a doctor here, getting a prescription, and it not being covered by her plan. I told her it would not be that expensive.

To make a long story short, the cost of the doctor visit AND the prescription was less than her co-pay would have been in the USA. She was shocked at the difference in prices, and how fast she was able to get service. In a semi-rural area.

Old 09-26-2018, 12:57 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,165,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJmann View Post
Just few:

People.

Canada has fewer people. At 30 Million people, Canada has less than 10% of the population the US has.

Old 09-26-2018, 01:07 PM

4,254 posts, read 3,175,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Seriously, you think that is reasonable???

Wow.

Let me tell you a bit more about the difference. My girlfriend came to visit me here in Canada. She had forgotten a prescription drug she needs. She was concerned about the cost of visiting a doctor here, getting a prescription, and it not being covered by her plan. I told her it would not be that expensive.

To make a long story short, the cost of the doctor visit AND the prescription was less than her co-pay would have been in the USA. She was shocked at the difference in prices, and how fast she was able to get service. In a semi-rural area.
Good thing she didn't need a hip or knee replacement....she'd be waiting a long time! In all seriousness, most of my Canadian friends are happy with the "everyday" healthcare they receive. However, the bigger issues....not so much. They have said it's a good place to be if you are relatively healthy or dying. In between, with issues common to aging, they are lacking.

Old 09-26-2018, 01:11 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,676,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrazy67 View Post
Good thing she didn't need a hip or knee replacement....she'd be waiting a long time! In all seriousness, most of my Canadian friends are happy with the "everyday" healthcare they receive. However, the bigger issues....not so much. They have said it's a good place to be if you are relatively healthy or dying. In between, with issues common to aging, they are lacking.
Do research and studies validate what your Canadian friends say?

Old 09-26-2018, 07:07 PM

1,261 posts, read 567,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
People.

Canada has fewer people. At 30 Million people, Canada has less than 10% of the population the US has.
Canada has more than 36 million people actually.

Old 09-26-2018, 07:08 PM

1,261 posts, read 567,695 times
Quote:
Then why does 90% of the Canadian population live within a few miles of the U.S. border?
Dumbest question basically so far
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies