Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2018, 11:35 AM

18,504 posts, read 15,560,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Yes, and I have travelled extensively in Canada for business, and done business with Canadian firms since the 80's. Also, I have studied what your forced multi culturalism has done to your country. Obviously, we haven't learned from your mistakes. Yes, we were once enemies also. Those forts you built all face the U.S., but then again that was a few hundred years ago.
My god, where to start?

Forced multi-culturalsim? Done to our country? You mean the one that has less political strife than yours? Also how the heck is it forced? Having an official policy, isn't forced. There are no quota's like you have in the US.

Forts we built? Most of those forts were built by The Hudson's Bay Company, for trade. Face the US???? They aren't even on the border? Wow, simply wow.

Lastly, IF you know so much about Canada, why were you so spectacularly wrong about Canadians living near the border?

Like I said, you're hilarious

Last edited by Natnasci; 09-27-2018 at 11:43 AM..

Old 09-27-2018, 11:39 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,596,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I always ask, if Canada's health care is so good, WHY do so MANY have EXTRA PRIVATE health care insurance?
Because the Canadian healthcare system doesn't provide dental coverage, nor prescription drug coverage in most cases.

Next question.

Old 09-27-2018, 02:38 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,170,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJmann View Post
Canada has more than 36 million people actually.

Which makes it smaller than the population of California.

States with smaller populations can do things States with larger populations cannot, for a variety of reasons, none of which you'd understand.

Old 09-27-2018, 02:43 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Because the Canadian healthcare system doesn't provide dental coverage, nor prescription drug coverage in most cases.

Next question.
Or out of country travel insurance, the biggie reason why Canadians purchase optional top-ups.

But aside from all of that; MOST optional insurance is provided by employers to entice quality and loyalty of employees. Whereas....if the bulk of basic insurance WASN'T employer provided in the U.S. even more of the fools would be going without it.

Old 09-27-2018, 02:51 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Which makes it smaller than the population of California.

States with smaller populations can do things States with larger populations cannot, for a variety of reasons, none of which you'd understand.
All of which we are thoroughly capable of understanding is part and parcel of an 'insurance for profit' model of which we decided we'd had enough of and why people like yourself are no longer employed in Canada to "sell for a profit " a system whereby a third party providing no benefit or tangible healthcare service gets to say when, where and how much.

Old 09-27-2018, 04:45 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,043,276 times
In other words, no profiteering middle men who don't do squat to earn their undeserved pay.

Old 09-27-2018, 04:51 PM

8,893 posts, read 5,373,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I like Canada better than the USA but I live in the USA -- only thing keeping me here is the weather. Don't get me wrong -- I like it in the USA just not as much as Canada.
So all of the marvelous things about Canada can't make up for its weather?

Old 09-27-2018, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Yeah, and that is why I have to buy medical travel insurance as I spend 6 months in Florida.In the winter.

Old 09-27-2018, 05:09 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,043,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post

I guess not for Moneill and Normstad. If one can't feel comfortable and healthy in a given climate then none of its other benefits count for anything and it's not worth living there. Most Canadians don't see it M and N's way because most are adapted to Canada's climate and comfortable with it. Speaking for myself I've travelled throughout the USA in all seasons and always found the climate in most parts of it is uncomfortable for me except for in the far northern states. Because that northern climate is what I'm adapted to and most comfortable with. One person's happy climate is another person's utter misery and poor health. There is literally no way I could survive anywhere in the American south even if I wanted to live there (which I don't), not even in the winter.

Last edited by Zoisite; 09-27-2018 at 05:58 PM..

Old 09-27-2018, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
I guess not for Moneill and Normstad. If one can't feel comfortable and healthy in a given climate then none of its other benefits count for anything and it's not worth living there. Most Canadians don't see it their way because they're adapted to Canada's climate and comfortable with it. Speaking for myself I've travelled throughout the USA in all seasons and always found the climate in most parts of it is uncomfortable for me except for in the far northern states. Because that northern climate is what I'm adapted to and most comfortable with. One person's happy climate is another person's utter misery and poor health. There is literally no way I could survive anywhere in the American south even if I wanted to (which I don't), not even in the winter.

To be fair, I don't go south until after hunting season, which is almost always in the snow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies