Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2018, 12:59 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,390,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nattering Heights View Post
I've opened the wrong car door a few times. Same color and model are common enough, but the seats may have other colors or other stuff inside.
So? Did you shoot someone dead when you saw them in your car?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2018, 01:01 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,390,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Exactly how is it that you know her intent?
Some people are saying they knew each other. It's entirely possible since they live in the same apartment complex and a lot of single young adults in this area know each other, hang out together, go to clubs, parties, etc. together.

Old 09-08-2018, 01:06 PM

78,438 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
This is a huge injustice, but it resulted from confusion, not intent to kill.
We don't know if this is completely the case yet.

We're really short on facts so far, so let's all cool our jets and see what the facts are as they unfold.

Old 09-08-2018, 01:15 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 11 days ago)

35,637 posts, read 17,989,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
We don't know if this is completely the case yet.

We're really short on facts so far, so let's all cool our jets and see what the facts are as they unfold.
Um, cool our jets? I'm sitting here with a bored expression on my face posting on a webforum.

If you would like to withhold your opinion until later, it's certainly your choice.

Old 09-08-2018, 01:31 PM

2,518 posts, read 5,359,172 times
How could a sober cop mistake the floor she gets out of the lift on? How could she find an apartment number difficult to read? She is a trained professional who will likely have appeared in court identifying suspects, under oath. Yet she appears not to have been able to identify her own apartment.

Old 09-08-2018, 01:32 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 11 days ago)

Dallasnews.com has an updated article with new details, but I can't post it because apparently I've used up the content I can view free of charge. ;D

Basically the article states that the police intend to obtain an arrest warrant for manslaughter, but the judge has delayed issuing the warrant due to some "new" detail the Texas Rangers have uncovered in their investigation.

Old 09-08-2018, 01:44 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,438,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BereniceUK View Post
How could a sober cop mistake the floor she gets out of the lift on? How could she find an apartment number difficult to read? She is a trained professional who will likely have appeared in court identifying suspects, under oath. Yet she appears not to have been able to identify her own apartment.
Ask the two who were apparently parked on the side of the road passed out with itty bitty over the limit blood alcohol levels....their human.

Old 09-08-2018, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
Ask the two who were apparently parked on the side of the road passed out with itty bitty over the limit blood alcohol levels....their human.
What?

Old 09-08-2018, 01:50 PM

24,646 posts, read 9,472,982 times
I have a bad feeling about this one.

I'm thinking riots if the cop doesn't see jail time. This was an educated black man an churchgoer.

My God, not good at all.

Old 09-08-2018, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
I have a bad feeling about this one.

I'm thinking riots if the cop doesn't see jail time. This was an educated black man an churchgoer.

My God, not good at all.
You know what, I'm sensing there won't be riots.

It seems to me, in the past, the more obviously in the wrong the deceased is who dies at the hands of the cop, the more there is outrage and rioting.

And then when you have someone who is completely and undeniably innocent, who gets gunned down, as in this case, it seems to pass without as much outrage.

I guess we'll see. I really don't think there's much chance she won't be convicted at least of manslaughter, the same as she would if she were a private citizen with a carry permit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies