Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2019, 02:00 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,829,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
In addition to the bolded, she was fumbling with her key due to holding packages but had no problem taking her gun out and aiming it? I'm confused about this point.

She was crying on the stand and said she wishes he had been the one to shoot her instead, but also admitted that she was sexting her married lover two days after the incident. Taking a life must be like foreplay to some people.

No drugs or alcohol in her system according to what they've now said about the toxicology report.
I am sure it is highly probable she dropped the things she was holding when she perceived the threat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2019, 02:05 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
I am sure it is highly probable she dropped the things she was holding when she perceived the threat.
I just heard that she was holding everything in her left hand so her right hand was free, so that explains that.

Old 09-27-2019, 02:11 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,380,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis101 View Post
Prosecutor got her to admit on stand that she intended to kill him. That's murder.
She already admitted that on the 911 call. The fact that she committed murder under Texas law has never been in dispute. The trial is about her self-defense claim to excuse the murder.

Old 09-27-2019, 02:16 PM

28,681 posts, read 18,806,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
Exactly. I can make all kinds of statements now about how this could never happen to me, and i would X,Y,Z.

When your in the situation and your not some trained Ninja assassin or ex. military, secret agent, Navy Seal, Brazilian Jujitsu person then you have no idea how you would respond.

Perhaps I would do everything I think I would do or i might pizz myself, I really don't know.

The only people who know exactly what to do when the police come through their doors are criminals who have had it happen to them before.

Everyone else just gapes and goes naz.

Old 09-27-2019, 02:24 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,894,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Dropped them on the bright red entry matt?

Failed to notice she was parking in an open-air deck rather than a closed one.

Heard a rusting from what she thought was her apartment, but didn't notice or hear the TV.

As someone else has pointed out, apartments smell different. Feel different. She didn't notice anything.

I believe, actually, that she did fail to notice these things. She was tired. She was distracted by the sexting with her married partner. She was looking forward to getting into her apartment and relaxing. But when she pulled her weapon, she should have been on hyper-alert. The rug should have registered. The TV should have registered. She didn't give the man an opportunity to explain. I don't think she was in fear for her life. I think she decided what was happening (that an intruder was in her apartment) and she got mad.

Old 09-27-2019, 02:26 PM

365 posts, read 499,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Dropped them on the bright red entry matt?

Failed to notice she was parking in an open-air deck rather than a closed one.

Heard a rusting from what she thought was her apartment, but didn't notice or hear the TV.

As someone else has pointed out, apartments smell different. Feel different. She didn't notice anything.

I believe, actually, that she did fail to notice these things. She was tired. She was distracted by the sexting with her married partner. She was looking forward to getting into her apartment and relaxing. But when she pulled her weapon, she should have been on hyper-alert. The rug should have registered. The TV should have registered. She didn't give the man an opportunity to explain. I don't think she was in fear for her life. I think she decided what was happening (that an intruder was in her apartment) and she got mad.
She wasn't tired. She planned on going to the gym after work.

Old 09-27-2019, 02:34 PM

29,522 posts, read 22,674,035 times
Again, I'm willing to bet my entire farm that those blindly supporting this ex cop wouldn't be singing the same tune if their loved ones (husband, wife, son, etc.) were murdered in the same way.

Aw hell naw.

If that happened these same people would be screaming for the cop's head and demanding justice.

There's a thing called empathy, folks. Try it some time.

An innocent man was murdered and people want to make excuses for it, smh

Old 09-27-2019, 02:35 PM

8,245 posts, read 3,499,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
She has always claimed she instructed him to do things and he refused and came at her. And I believe there were neighbors who heard dialog.
Yes, neighbors heard a woman's voice yelling, but said they couldn't make it all out (of course it'd be somewhat muffled by the walls). She testified today that she was yelling at him to "show me your hands."

Old 09-27-2019, 02:37 PM

8,245 posts, read 3,499,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
But yet, he was found on the couch with a bowl of ice cream, correct?

MY other question is, now she says the door was ajar. Why would anyone leave their door to an apartment complex ajar? Is there any proof that she is telling the truth, or more BS? Not to mention he seems to have been a good, kind hearted stand up kind of guy, while she was already involved with a relationship with her partner, which is against the rules in a police department, so it goes to show she already has a disregard to rules and regulations, so God knows what else she is guilty of.
He was found on the floor. He had been on the couch eating ice cream. He got up at some point during the encounter. She says he got up and came at her while she was telling him to show her his hands. He kept coming at her so she shot at him.

Old 09-27-2019, 02:41 PM

672 posts, read 443,446 times
She could have stepped away from the doorway and assessed the situation and call for backup if necessary. Instead she blew him away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies