Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2018, 04:41 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,398,193 times

Advertisements

i bet its more like, they was dating, he broke it off, and she got ****
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2018, 04:44 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,088,812 times
Yes I believe she is guilty of at least manslaughter , and there are a lot of holes and changes in her story. Unfortunately the victim is dead and can’t tell his side of the story. I also think it’s terrible how they’ve been trying to go through his apartment and make him out to be a criminal. He didn’t do anything wrong. If she can’t tell her own apartment she shouldn’t be out using a gun.

Old 09-14-2018, 04:54 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,360,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis101 View Post
First or second version?
There is no indication that any definitive statement has been made by her. All of which I am aware are second hand of little value.

Old 09-14-2018, 04:56 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,496,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Shrug, like I said, deliberate action, not an accident. So you can stop with the “accident” nonsense.
I stop when I feel like stopping. And I never called the shooting an accident. However, I don't believe it was murder. And you can shoot somebody for various reasons. Cold blooded murder, being reckless ( this case ), self defense.
You are way to emotional by the way.

Old 09-14-2018, 05:08 PM

365 posts, read 499,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
There is no indication that any definitive statement has been made by her. All of which I am aware are second hand of little value.
You just stated that her version is fact... which version is that?

Old 09-14-2018, 05:10 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,895,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
I would think that this is similar to a drink driver killing someone -it doesn't matter if the killing was intentional, someone died because another made the wrong decision.
Served on any juries lately?

1--it does matter very much if a killing is INTENTIONAL--that means with malice a forethought in the law
2--even an UNINTENTIONAL killing can be considered manslaughter if the person doing the killing should have realized his/her actions could lead to someone's death--
Like the police officer SHOULD have realized she was at the wrong person's door
Like the police officer didn't really wait to assess the situation---she overreacted or at least the story she tells portrays her as overreacting to seeing someone in "her" apartment...

Consider this a negligent homicide example--based on the excellent example in the movie "Michael Clayton" with George Clooney as an attorney for a big NYC law firm who is the "fixer" like Cohen for Trump--

Case of a person under the influence who runs a red light and strikes someone in the crosswalk--
That it at least depraved indifference manslaughter charge--
You knew drinking could lead to you being impared as a driver--
You drank and drove anyway
You ran a red light--a violation in its own right even w/o being under the influence
You struck a pedestrian who was legitimately in the crosswalk
That person died because of YOUR actions...
Ergo you are responsible for a death even if you didn't set out to do it purposely/intentionally...but you did leave the site of the drinking impaired to drive...

Old 09-14-2018, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis101 View Post
You just stated that her version is fact... which version is that?
No I stated that reports have so stated but they deal with gross stuff such as where the officer and victim were when the shots were fired. I am unaware of any reports that directly quote the officer on the door opening and such.

Old 09-14-2018, 05:18 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,895,840 times
Quote:
There would not have been a charge issued if she had not made a "definitive" statement--in a real investigation

If she equivocated, changed her story, gave a description that was contrary to what the physical/forensic evidence describes then her statement is flawed in its quality to an intent that it becomes suspect

Now if the investigating officers allow her to get away with making conflicting statements or statements against facts that exist in forensic evidence they are covering up a crime and actually become accessories AFTER the fact--and could be charged as such if their conspiracy came to light...

Old 09-14-2018, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Served on any juries lately?

1--it does matter very much if a killing is INTENTIONAL--that means with malice a forethought in the law
2--even an UNINTENTIONAL killing can be considered manslaughter if the person doing the killing should have realized his/her actions could lead to someone's death--
Like the police officer SHOULD have realized she was at the wrong person's door
Like the police officer didn't really wait to assess the situation---she overreacted or at least the story she tells portrays her as overreacting to seeing someone in "her" apartment...

Consider this a negligent homicide example--based on the excellent example in the movie "Michael Clayton" with George Clooney as an attorney for a big NYC law firm who is the "fixer" like Cohen for Trump--

Case of a person under the influence who runs a red light and strikes someone in the crosswalk--
That it at least depraved indifference manslaughter charge--
You knew drinking could lead to you being impared as a driver--
You drank and drove anyway
You ran a red light--a violation in its own right even w/o being under the influence
You struck a pedestrian who was legitimately in the crosswalk
That person died because of YOUR actions...
Ergo you are responsible for a death even if you didn't set out to do it purposely/intentionally...but you did leave the site of the drinking impaired to drive...
Cop running after a suspect trips on as curb, falls and his gun goes off killing a bystander. Manslaughter?

Cop in an active shoot out with an armed perp kills a hostage. Manslaughter?

Cop answering an armed home invasion call kills the armed home owner. Manslaughter?

Where is the line?

Old 09-14-2018, 05:49 PM

28,681 posts, read 18,806,457 times
Quote:
Cop running after a suspect trips on as curb, falls and his gun goes off killing a bystander. Manslaughter?

Cop in an active shoot out with an armed perp kills a hostage. Manslaughter?

Cop answering an armed home invasion call kills the armed home owner. Manslaughter?

Where is the line?
Cop off-duty who enters the wrong apartment after a series of rookie errors and shoots the owner of the apartment.

There, that's the line.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies