Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2018, 05:37 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaTransplant View Post
What the President said, specifically, was that “When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best [...] They’re sending people that have lots of problems [...] They’re rapists.” I don’t interpret that as saying all Mexicans are rapists, but the clear implication is that he is saying all (or most) of Mexican immigrants and/or illegal aliens in the US ARE rapists. Did the sources you are railing against give a different interpretation?

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...ng_border.html
This is how the world interpreted it. With the exception of Cult 45.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
Very interesting snipping going on there. For the purposes of this discussion it might be beneficial to see the entire quote.

"When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best. They're not sending you. They're not sending you. They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people."
The entire quote just furthers her point. The fact that he qualifies his statement with "and SOME, I assume, are good people" means that he was speaking about Mexicans in general prior to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2018, 05:55 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,144,620 times
I notice that you name the Times, Post, AP, but you don't list their actual quotes. I've seen the quotes, and I've seen the videos, and it doesn't appear to me that the media is lying. You can't start blaming individual citizens, though, for not quoting accurately, as the students may have done.

I checked and found two statements from around the same time:
“What can be simpler or more accurately stated? The Mexican Government is forcing their most unwanted people into the United States. They are, in many cases, criminals, drug dealers, rapists, etc.”
"When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best. They're not sending you. They're not sending you. They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people."

I've never seen an actual reporter claim Trump said "all." Despite their AP example as wrong, it is correct to say that “Trump called Mexican immigrants rapists and criminals.”

In any case, it really wouldn't be a lie. The idea is that he repeatedly has implied that the bulk of the group are criminal. That's the objection. I hope you understand that there is a difference between what a Washington Post reporter writes at his desk, where he can check everything, versus what someone says in public in an unscripted comment.

Old 09-21-2018, 06:01 PM

31,081 posts, read 22,101,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
I remember him saying" Mexico doesn't send us their finest...they re all rapists and criminals."
Oh and also he s always saying that "democrats want open borders" ...which is funny because his top econ guy Cohn told Trump open borders are important to big business .

Trump is lyin up a storm to hold onto 29 percent when if he would just "go with the experts" he d hit upwards of 70 80 percent popularity.
But no, he listens to Hope Hicks tell him the press has oppositional defiance disorder and is out to get him...and hangs onto " Hillary is much worse...lock her up" two years and running.

What he does daily is shoot himSELF in the foot.
Except he didnt say "theyre all rapist and crimminals" why lie like the guy your accusing of of telling lies

Old 09-21-2018, 06:05 PM

62,974 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
This is how the world interpreted it. With the exception of Cult 45.

The entire quote just furthers her point. The fact that he qualifies his statement with "and SOME, I assume, are good people" means that he was speaking about Mexicans in general prior to.

Oh stop with your BS! The world interpreted it? No, just some ethnocentric, bleeding heart, lefties did and it's because they knew what he was talking about but chose to twist his words instead.

Why would Trump object to legal immigrants from Mexico and refer to them in that way? They are vetted and are here legally and don't usually pose any problems. You know damned well that Trump was speaking of illegal aliens from Mexico. Some illegal aliens are basically good people except for the fact that they violated our immigration laws. Geez, you people are unbelievable!

Old 09-21-2018, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Oh stop with your BS! The world interpreted it? No, just some ethnocentric, bleeding heart, lefties did and it's because they knew what he was talking about but chose to twist his words instead.

Why would Trump object to legal immigrants from Mexico and refer to them in that way? They are vetted and are here legally and don't usually pose any problems. You know damned well that Trump was speaking of illegal aliens from Mexico. Some illegal aliens are basically good people except for the fact that they violated our immigration laws. Geez, you people are unbelievable!
Look. He said what he said. I'm sorry you can't handle the truth of what he actually said and how he actually said it.

As usual, Cult 45 feels they must Trumpsplain his statements.

Old 09-21-2018, 06:08 PM

31,081 posts, read 22,101,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
I notice that you name the Times, Post, AP, but you don't list their actual quotes. I've seen the quotes, and I've seen the videos, and it doesn't appear to me that the media is lying. You can't start blaming individual citizens, though, for not quoting accurately, as the students may have done.

“What can be simpler or more accurately stated? The Mexican Government is forcing their most unwanted people into the United States. They are, in many cases, criminals, drug dealers, rapists, etc.”

I've never seen an actual reporter claim Trump said "all." Despite their AP example as wrong, it is correct to say that “Trump called Mexican immigrants rapists and criminals.”

In any case, it really wouldn't be a lie. The idea is that he repeatedly has implied that the bulk of the group are criminal. That's the objection. I hope you understand that there is a difference between what a Washington Post reporter writes at his desk, where he can check everything, versus what someone says in public in an unscripted comment.
Even Tim Kaine repeated the lie "all Mexicans are rapist", and its repeated here all the time. Like Lenin said "A lie told often enough becomes the truth"

Old 09-21-2018, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post

Here's where you go wrong. Illegal aliens aren't "immigrants". They come here legally with papers in hand. Mexico does not send legal immigrants here. The send/encourage their undesirables to come here illegally. Once again, Trump did not say that Mexican "immigrants" are rapists and criminals he was referring to those here illegally and he did not refer to all of them that way. Good Lord, you guys are still telling these lies after months and months have past?

Old 09-21-2018, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Even Tim Kaine repeated the lie "all are Criminals and rapist", and its repeated here all the time. Like Lenin said "A lie told often enough becomes the truth"
And Donald J Trump LIVES and DIES by Lenin's philosophy ^^^^

Old 09-21-2018, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Here's where you go wrong. Illegal aliens aren't "immigrants". They come here legally with papers in hand. Mexico does not send legal immigrants here. The send/encourage their undesirables to come here illegally. Once again, Trump did not say that Mexican "immigrants" are rapists and criminals he was referring to those here illegally and he did not refer to all of them that way. Good Lord, you guys are still telling these lies after months and months have past?
No. He didn't say illegal Mexican immigrants either. He lumped them all together into "when Mexicans send THEIR PEOPLE" . . .

Go ahead and fret about it if you must. It's long past and the rest of the free world has already digested his words.

Old 09-21-2018, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Look. He said what he said. I'm sorry you can't handle the truth of what he actually said and how he actually said it.

As usual, Cult 45 feels they must Trumpsplain his statements.

WTH is a Cult 45? Trump said what he said but you and yours have twisted his words. What part of that don't you get? Legal immigrants don't get "sent" by Mexico and they aren't the problem. Mexico sends/encourages their undesirables here illegally and many of them are criminals as they aren't vetted like legal immigrants are. Look we all know that you are an illegal alien sympathizer so your arguments aren't credible anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies