Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2018, 01:00 PM

3,698 posts, read 1,362,147 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
I'm typing this on the subway right now and can hear (within my immediate earshot) Haitian Creole, French, Arabic, and Spanish being spoken. Some heads on this thread would likely pop off if they were here!
You sure arent in SoCal Texas or AZ.
It wouldnt be so much of an issue if the country was like your subway.
With so much diversity they have to assimilate.
No here in the border zone we are inundated with spanish speaking latinos who have invaded in such numbers they dont have to. No french, no haitians, no arabs. Well a few of the latter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2018, 01:04 PM

3,698 posts, read 1,362,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
The problem with your assertion is that no matter how much this LIE is spread illegals still can't vote in our elections.
But they ARE.
How do you think they work?
Identity theft. They get SSNs from dead people or duplicates of the living.
The same fraudulent way they work they can vote and to them its just one more way to get established here.

Old 10-04-2018, 04:46 PM

579 posts, read 367,608 times
Democrats pander to the illegals not just for their possible votes in the future, but more importantly, the votes of the illegal enablers.

Illegal enablers consist of coastal elites afflicted with White Privilege Syndrome and legal residents with illegals living with them. The former is just brain dead, while the latter has a vested interest in keeping their illegal family members here.

Old 10-04-2018, 05:36 PM

3,851 posts, read 2,225,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
You mean the reactions Spanish speakers have when anyone mentions the possibility of declaring English the official language? You forgot frothing at the mouth, accusations of racism, and anecdotal references to things that happened 200 years ago.

This is precisely why we should not make English the official language. There would be a movement to make Spanish co-official. They could easily invent a historical reason to do so.

If you ignore them, they will stop speaking Spanish in just one or two generations.

Last edited by Tritone; 10-04-2018 at 05:50 PM..

Old 10-04-2018, 10:57 PM

62,889 posts, read 29,119,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
This is precisely why we should not make English the official language. There would be a movement to make Spanish co-official. They could easily invent a historical reason to do so.

If you ignore them, they will stop speaking Spanish in just one or two generations.

Nope! With the continued influx of Spanish speakers here both legally and especially illegally it sets a precedence of colonization not assimilation. Many Spanish speakers who know English still refuse to speak it unless they have to.

Don't care about any so-called movement. English is our national de facto language and it should take its rightful place as a part of our heritage and identifying culture by making it official.

Old 10-04-2018, 10:59 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,493,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
I do not mean this to be racist. Hispanics are a great culture of hardworking people. I do not have an issue with their immigration to the US. They have brought new diversity and skills to the US.

My pet peeve is speaking English. English is the language of North America.

It has gotten to the point that virtually every set of instructions that come with anything you buy are in English and Spanish. Every time you call a telephone number you have a choice to press something for English or Spanish. I swear, I items for sale in Walmart and the box does not have one word of English on it, its all in Spanish.

I understand accommodation. However, I do believe immigrants to the US should learn English but the level of accommodation has gotten to the point that Hispanics do not have to learn English. Virtually everything is in Spanish. Sometimes to the point English speaking people are having to learn Spanish.

The whole Hispanic speaking accommodation is now a steam roller because businesses want to sell products so they target their audience.

It appears we are going to become a bi-lingual country.
You do realize that spanish speaking people where in the U.S before english speaking folks? Right?

Old 10-04-2018, 11:36 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,526,694 times
Hispanics in the United States are mostly white so the US is simply accommodating the needs of other white people.

Old 10-04-2018, 11:38 PM

Dumb people on this thread do not realize spanish speaking people predate english speaking people. SMH.

Old 10-05-2018, 01:53 AM

579 posts, read 367,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
You do realize that spanish speaking people where in the U.S before english speaking folks? Right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Dumb people on this thread do not realize spanish speaking people predate english speaking people. SMH.

I don't have a time machine like you do. I live in 2018.

Old 10-05-2018, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alonso Gil View Post
I don't have a time machine like you do. I live in 2018.
So what you are saying is screw anyone that was not like me in 2018? Gotcha.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies