Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2018, 11:54 AM

1,487 posts, read 782,600 times

Advertisements

At the same time, there seems little doubt, some priests, troop leaders, coaches etc., lured, cultivated and sexually abused mostly young males, some of whom made accusations serious decades later.

It trends a double standard. Males seem to be believed despite the huge gap between incident (s) and accusations, while females are not.

By not stepping forward, these male victims allowed their abusers to continue unchecked. The claims of those few who did step forward were usually dismissed by LE, the church, BSOA, etc.

The two have nothing to do with each other. A little boy being violated by a priest has no similarities with a grown woman looking to cash in bcuz she has dirt on someone who made a success of himself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2018, 11:59 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,019,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
People don't report crimes like this because of: shame, embarrassment, disbelief, denial it happened, anxiety, fear of reprisal, fear of not being believed, fear of the repercussions from family, friends, co workers, employer, spouse or boyfriend and fear of it being disclosed to the public. Other similar reasons. That's pretty straightforward.

As far as legal determinations. If someone is being "forced" beyond their will, it's pretty straightforward what is going on. If someone is being pushed, shoved, sexually abused, groped, raped, it's pretty understood it's illegal.

Not sure about "legal elements have to be satisfied." I don't think there's much ambiguity involved, except the perpetrator lying saying it was "consensual," or other similar things. But, yes, the more physical evidence someone has, the more the case could be satisfactory sent to trial. If it's less than rape and/or less physical evidence, harder to convict or prove it, I would guess.

If you look at the repercussions of this particular case, look at what she's gone through--relocated out of house, death threats, being humiliated and shamed in press and on forums (like this one and multiple others), privacy ruined, career effected, spouse and children effected, PTSD being stirred up (possibly), financial implications, etc. (only ones I could think of). Why, in God's Green earth, would anyone want to falsely accuse someone of something to go through that?? For some "political motive." It's ludicrous. You would never put yourself and family at risk for such things I mentioned for some political movement and political reasons. It's not logical and doesn't make sense. Pretty straightforward.
^^

If a liberal leaning individual does it evidence or time since it occurred doesn't matter (see what's his face from congress who resigned recently and Cosby). If a conservative leaning person does it the women are lying sluts. They must have hard evidence and it can't be too long ago.

I know women who never reported being assaulted because of fear of many is the things the poster above mentioned. I don't know any woman that would want to falsely accuse and have to live with any of the above.

Old 09-22-2018, 12:01 PM

18,021 posts, read 27,468,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobo1 View Post
they are doing a great disservice to those who are actually assualted
This.

Old 09-22-2018, 12:12 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Jesus.

No one bitching about women getting assaulted have come out against the MEN who come forward 40 years later to accuse a priest.

Hypocrites.
Is this a joke?

The whole world is aghast.

Anyone who messes with a kid...ugh. Just ugh.

Old 09-22-2018, 12:13 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Well, you see, that's where we are different. I'm inclined to believe the men who come forward because it's usually at great personal cost and a lot of negative attention.
Same for women.
Now you get it.

Old 09-22-2018, 12:32 PM

8,447 posts, read 4,753,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Go on and make your claim. For one you would have to be able to show you were even in the same state as me, considering that you have no idea where I'm from or where I have lived in any given year, good luck.

Christine Ford CAN show that she was in the same town at the same time as Kavanaugh, both of their year books show that simple fact.
***Note to self***

Make your blind rape accusations in the state subforums instead of P&OC.

Old 09-22-2018, 01:13 PM

477 posts, read 276,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
If you look at the repercussions of this particular case, look at what she's gone through--relocated out of house, death threats, being humiliated and shamed in press and on forums (like this one and multiple others), privacy ruined, career effected, spouse and children effected, PTSD being stirred up (possibly), financial implications, etc. (only ones I could think of). Why, in God's Green earth, would anyone want to falsely accuse someone of something to go through that?? For some "political motive." It's ludicrous. You would never put yourself and family at risk for such things I mentioned for some political movement and political reasons. It's not logical and doesn't make sense. Pretty straightforward.
Hmmmm... you'd probably have to ask women like the white ones who accused black men of raping them back in the Jim Crow days.

Those black men were hunted down and hanged in a physical version of what all these MeToo accusers are doing today. No facts, no investigation, no trial.

"Just believe women."

There are women who kill their own children because they're stressed and depressed. Killing one's one children is supposed to be the ULTIMATE taboo but yet it happens.

We are CONSTANTLY told women can do anything men can do... why does that boast come with the disclaimer that women NEVER do anything malicious, underhanded or flat out evil?

Old 09-22-2018, 01:22 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,569,031 times
The standard is pretty simple:

1. If the accused is a Republican, guilty.
2. If the accused is a Democrap, not guilty even after being proven guilty.

Old 09-22-2018, 01:28 PM

89,031 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manteca man View Post
Hmmmm... you'd probably have to ask women like the white ones who accused black men of raping them back in the Jim Crow days.

Those black men were hunted down and hanged in a physical version of what all these MeToo accusers are doing today. No facts, no investigation, no trial.
Excellent point.

Old 09-22-2018, 01:37 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,022,183 times
Women don’t report because we are told in our teens that if anything sexual happens to us against our will, except for stranger rapes in extremely limited circumstances, that we deserve it. Our mothers tell us this in an effort to frighten us, thinking this will keep us safe. Maybe things have changed in recent years, but when I was growing up, that’s how it was.

I am one of the lucky ones, with nothing to report. But with the well-meaning but destructive messaging we were exposed to from all but all but a few supportive adults, I can understand why a girl or young woman who was attacked would choose to stay quiet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies