Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2018, 08:32 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times

Advertisements

I don't care for Pelosi and I think Dems need to get new leadership in both houses of congress. They need new blood and the stodgy old timers holding the top positions need to step aside for the next generation.

She and Shumer need to give up their roles, but as long as they keep getting re-elected, they do a good job of serving their constituents.

Now, guys who need to resign immediately:

Chuck Grassley IA
Mitch McConnell KY
James Inhofe OK

All of these geezers are WAY past their "best by" dates.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2018, 08:35 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimchee View Post
Yeah, turtle-face Mitch should go and add Orrin Hatch and Chuck Grassley to the list too. Those octogenarians are old fogeys who are out of touch with what our country needs. Once you hit 75, you shouldn't be allowed to run for office anymore!
I tend to agree. May corporations have mandatory retirement ages and so should government.

Old 09-23-2018, 08:37 AM

7,736 posts, read 4,990,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopelesscause View Post
She has said so many ridiculous things in the past, is as “old as dirt” and consistently drags her party’s candidates down in the polls ONLY because they belong to the same political party. The Dems desperately need new and MODERATE blood, not an aged, senile, brainless sack of
For the sake of helping her party’s candidates, she should just leave.
Same reason John McCain didnt resign. They are obsessed with power and will hold it until they are on their deathbed.

Old 09-23-2018, 08:39 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,525,892 times
Quote:
I’m not exactly on that side of the aisle-lol. I used to vote exclusively Dem for most of my life (and still do if they’re moderate). Since I live and vote in Texas, I’m constantly seeing TV commercials that throw all kinds of feces at good candidates simply because they belong to the same political party as . They may be more moderate and have little to nothing in common with her, but are dragged down nonetheless.
OK. I'll fix it.

Quote:
Because political leaders typically don't resign just because some random poster from either side of the aisle on C-D wants them to.

Old 09-23-2018, 08:41 AM

2,516 posts, read 1,696,468 times
She is too old and possibly suffers from severe memory lapse. So she's clueless to what she says and does. Also I'm sure she's thought of calling it a career but by the time she builds up the nerve to do so, she's forgotten the thought.

Old 09-23-2018, 08:49 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,844,795 times
She should go out with a resounding

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBzJGckMYO4

Old 09-23-2018, 08:55 AM

5,900 posts, read 3,900,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodyfromnc View Post
Her and Maxine represent their party perfectly.
Let’s see.

Pelosi supports countless wars and foreign entanglement, astronomical defense spending, and draconian mass surveillance. She supports free trade deals like NAFTA, TPP, Fast Track, etc. She supports big pharma, health care industry profiteering, and remains in strict opposition to single-payer universal healthcare. She supports financial industry looting, TARP, and more economic disparity.

Progressive hero? More like the moderate, status quo to me. And really no different than Mike Pence, who also supports all of the things listed above.

Old 09-23-2018, 08:59 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
Well, the RNC says she is quite a bit more popular than Trump......so that's one reason!
(look it up)......

Personally, I'd like some young blood. That said, some of these old salts are incredibly effective and knowledgeable and can get things done in Congress. I mean - remember Trump talking about "Nancy and Chuck" with affection?

I don't like to get personal with these folks. Some of the old salts like Tip O Neil got a lot of stuff done. Does anyone doubt that Nancy has a vastly better record of actual accomplishments than the last 3 GOP House Leaders? No, you can't......say that. Not true.

It's for the House to decide its own leadership...not me.

Old 09-23-2018, 04:45 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,142,059 times
Quote:
She has said so many ridiculous things in the past, is as “old as dirt” and consistently drags her party’s candidates down in the polls ONLY because they belong to the same political party. The Dems desperately need new and MODERATE blood, not an aged, senile, brainless sack of
For the sake of helping her party’s candidates, she should just leave.
And, if you told her that, do you think she'd resign?

Have you ever known anyone, ever, in any job, who resigned because of vague complaints like that? I'm no fan of Pelosi, but you offer nothing of substance, and I certainly don't agree that that someone should resign because you think they're old.

Old 09-23-2018, 06:04 PM

39,870 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimchee View Post
Yeah, turtle-face Mitch should go and add Orrin Hatch and Chuck Grassley to the list too. Those octogenarians are old fogeys who are out of touch with what our country needs. Once you hit 75, you shouldn't be allowed to run for office anymore!
Add Sanders, Feinstein, Biden and similar fossils on the right. There is a fine line. I'd suggest that we draw the line not just age wise, but anyone that has spent their adult life only working in the public sector. If someone hasn't spent at least 20-30 years actually doing something productive, they have no business making decisions impacting those that do so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies