Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2018, 05:27 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,289,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Maybe conservative women believe in patriarchy, and therefore that men shouldn't be held accountable because they are the bosses. Or the really fundamental ones believe God made men to rule over women so they simply accept it.

What is certain is that conservative women are harassed/assaulted/raped just as often as liberal women. The men who do these things don't care about their political leanings. It's all about power.
Fine. Now can you explain why most of the perpetrators are liberal?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2018, 05:29 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,289,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Here you go :

GOP voter on Kavanaugh: What boy hasn't done this in high school?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flIM3AUyQ3A

They are part of the Cult#45!
Wow! Women of color to boot. You should be afraid.

Old 09-25-2018, 05:40 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,196,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
What a farce this "MeToo" movement has become.
The mask was pulled off it quickly, as it devastated the Democrat political machine.

Now you have paid demonstrators, in the halls of congress over clear false allegations from decades ago, yet they turn a blind eye when questioned about Cory Booker and Keith Ellison, with actual proof.
MeToo is astroturf, meant to go after Republicans. It has netted Democrats.
https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/21/polit...ons/index.html

Old 09-25-2018, 05:59 AM

5,069 posts, read 2,281,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Maybe conservative women believe in patriarchy, and therefore that men shouldn't be held accountable because they are the bosses. Or the really fundamental ones believe God made men to rule over women so they simply accept it.

What is certain is that conservative women are harassed/assaulted/raped just as often as liberal women. The men who do these things don't care about their political leanings. It's all about power.
To the last sentence, you're right. To the first, bull****.

It's more about perception, seriousness, and who wants to be a victim. My sister posted during the height of the #metoo. I know exactly what happened to her. At a high school dance, a boy stuck his tongue in her mouth, uninvited. She couldn't wait to jump on the bandwagon, and I think it had more to do with her always following the crowd, and being upset over her recent, ugly, divorce from her husband of 21 years, than with what actually happened.

She was disgusted by it. I get that. But I see it as more of a normal thing. If this had been a boy she was attracted to, would she have felt the same way? Do we really want boys to stop making any advances toward us? (Well, I'm too old for that now, but if my husband hadn't gone in for the kiss, we might not have ended up married.)

My oldest daughter was groped in the hallway at her middle school. Had her crotch grabbed. She went immediately to the school director, and the boy was suspended for a week. She never posted #metoo because she said she felt like, while it had a sexual component, it was more akin to some of the fights that occasionally broke out among two different populaces at the school.

#metoo has been good in a lot of respects, but it's a big mistake to lump everything even remotely sexual with serious, life-altering attacks.

Old 09-25-2018, 06:37 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,982,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
It's understandable why people, male or female, don't always come forward immediately.

But what these people and those who support them need to understand is that if you do wait years or decades to bring your allegations public, it not only cast a shadow of doubt (even though it may be undeserved) but it also makes it very difficult to prove.

This is exactly why we have statute of limitations laws.

And if you wait years to come forward, and you've shown yourself to be rabidly partisan, we can assume that your coming forward is completely politically motivated.

Old 09-25-2018, 06:49 AM

3,100 posts, read 3,303,823 times
Politically motivated or not, it still happened. Doesn't excuse anything. If you **** with me and I decide to hold it in my back pocket until it really affects you, so what? You still did it.

Old 09-25-2018, 07:00 AM

5,069 posts, read 2,281,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
Politically motivated or not, it still happened. Doesn't excuse anything. If you **** with me and I decide to hold it in my back pocket until it really affects you, so what? You still did it.
No, we don't know that it happened. Not even her life-long friend says it happened. That's the whole issue with Kavanaugh (not metoo, in general). NO ONE says it happened but her. That doesn't mean it didn't, but it sure doesn't mean it did, either.

Old 09-25-2018, 07:09 AM

37,981 posts, read 22,167,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
What a farce this "MeToo" movement has become.
The mask was pulled off it quickly, as it devastated the Democrat political machine.

Now you have paid demonstrators, in the halls of congress over clear false allegations from decades ago, yet they turn a blind eye when questioned about Cory Booker and Keith Ellison, with actual proof.
MeToo is astroturf, meant to go after Republicans. It has netted Democrats.

What started out being legitimate, has been taken over by the Democrat political partisans, as a weapon they can wield to destroy the reputation and character of their Republican opponents.

Old 09-25-2018, 07:28 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,027,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I'm one of those who have been at that point for some time now.

I'm happy metoo is taking down liberals but even then don't always see the veracity or justification.
#Metoooo while started for a good reason and a worthy cause has been hijacked by loons and distorted into just another far left hit/hate group...

Old 09-25-2018, 07:32 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,027,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
#metoo, is only kept alive after it clearly failed, to now go after Republicans.

It is not a group of people who stands against sexual abuse of women, men and kids, but only against who is favored and otherwise you can be left on your own!

The same counts for feminism as that is also a pick and choose phenomenon.

PETA is another pick and choose, what you like and what you are against...
None of the groups you mention started out that way. They were (allowed to be?) hijacked by radicals and weaponized for political/social reasons.
THAT is what's sad...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies