Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2018, 03:45 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,384,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Except, as we see the biggest and longest standing group of Sexual Predators is the Demoratic Donator class in Hollywood. The Harvey Weinsteins, Woody Allens, Roman Polanskis, were allowed to operate unfettered forever.

More about wealth then politics, witness Donald Trump, and his good friend Epstein, and Clinton. I know this is hard for you folks, but some things arent about political bent, but more about the power to get away with things. If I wanted to bring up politics I would point out the Trump guy who laced his side chicks smoothie with a abortion drug and almost killed her because she was also on street drugs (while pregnant). But this isnt about a person politics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2018, 04:01 PM

15,864 posts, read 6,333,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I'm one of those who have been at that point for some time now.

I'm happy metoo is taking down liberals but even then don't always see the veracity or justification.
You wouldn't if you can say something like "taking down liberals".

Old 09-24-2018, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
More about wealth then politics, witness Donald Trump, and his good friend Epstein, and Clinton. I know this is hard for you folks, but some things arent about political bent, but more about the power to get away with things. If I wanted to bring up politics I would point out the Trump guy who laced his side chicks smoothie with a abortion drug and almost killed her because she was also on street drugs (while pregnant). But this isnt about a person politics.
Great post. Unless a man has been in a position of power over people he's unlikely to understand.

Old 09-24-2018, 04:04 PM

25,775 posts, read 18,834,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
I disagree. MeToo has taken down some here-to-fore untouchable liberal power players. Really it seems #MeToo happened because Liberals wanted to take down Trump so they started going after libs so they could avoid the hypocrite charge, but the fact remains they have taken down a TON of liberal preditors... male and female.

what they haven't done is make that impact conservatives. mostly because republicans get accused regularly going back a couple decades.
The problem is that now it has come to the point that all a woman has to do is make an accusation. It doesn't matter if there is absolutely no evidence other than her word. To me, that is scary. As I said a while ago, it is very similar to the Spanish Inquisition.

And I'm not defending rapists. Put them in jail. But you simply cannot assume guilt until it is proven beyond a reasonable doubt. And on the other hand, any woman falsely accusing someone of rape should be punished as severely as a rapist. Lock her up for life because she tried to ruin an innocent man's life. There has to be balance to this thing. It can't be like a witch hunt.

Old 09-24-2018, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
The problem is that now it has come to the point that all a woman has to do is make an accusation. It doesn't matter if there is absolutely no evidence other than her word. To me, that is scary. As I said a while ago, it is very similar to the Spanish Inquisition.

And I'm not defending rapists. Put them in jail. But you simply cannot assume guilt until it is proven beyond a reasonable doubt. And on the other hand, any woman falsely accusing someone of rape should be punished as severely as a rapist. Lock her up for life because she tried to ruin an innocent man's life. There has to be balance to this thing. It can't be like a witch hunt.
Well, I for one wasn't expecting that.

Old 09-24-2018, 04:05 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,767,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
What a farce this "MeToo" movement has become.
The mask was pulled off it quickly, as it devastated the Democrat political machine.

Now you have paid demonstrators, in the halls of congress over clear false allegations from decades ago, yet they turn a blind eye when questioned about Cory Booker and Keith Ellison, with actual proof.
MeToo is astroturf, meant to go after Republicans. It has netted Democrats.
#metoo, is only kept alive after it clearly failed, to now go after Republicans.

It is not a group of people who stands against sexual abuse of women, men and kids, but only against who is favored and otherwise you can be left on your own!

The same counts for feminism as that is also a pick and choose phenomenon.

PETA is another pick and choose, what you like and what you are against...

Old 09-24-2018, 04:12 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,271,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
The "metoo" movement has become a despicable attempt to piggyback something that is serious and should be taken seriously. Now it won't be taken seriously because the left saw fit to politicize it and use it as a tool to swipe at their political foes. Very sad. It's the same thing that has happened now that we call everyone and their dog a racist. Nobody takes it seriously even if it really IS racism.

So, yeah, you guys keep on watering down all of these serious matters and turn them into temporary battering rams. You're going to desensitized the entire populace to every "-ism" in your playbook. At some point, nobody is going to take any of your charges seriously, whether they be true or false. Way to go.
Who are you actually addressing? I don't know a soul in the MeToo movement.

It is truly amazing that no conservative women have ever been sexually harassed or abused (according to YOU). Oh, except for those Clinton accusers from the 70s and 80s that Trump disgustingly dragged into a presidential debate to put on display for the cameras. Are they exceptions from the MeToo? No proof--but you all sure swallow their 'look at me' stories. That was the despicable Donald Trump using something that should be taken seriously as a political dog and pony show. Lecture Trump.

So please spare us the condescending lectures, as it makes you look like a hypocrite.

Old 09-24-2018, 04:14 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
Dear OP re your thread: Me Too movement created to go after Conservatives

Sexual harassment is not limited to any party, race, or religion. We can't end sexual harassment if we make it a partisan issue. Why are you so angry that abuse against women is out in the open?

The harrowing violations that have been described range from harassment to rape, and took place as far back as the 1970s or as recently as a few months ago, but these crimes all have in common the fact that they went unpunished. When the women reported the assaults, they were often told to stay quiet lest they hurt their careers or reputations or face more physical abuse And so they maintained their silence. Until now.

The men who have been named in these scandals represent a very broad range of backgrounds: Republican and Democrat; Christian, Jewish, and Muslim; gay and straight. You would think that with such a wide spectrum of abusers, we would finally understand and treat sexual harassment and violence as the systemic problems they are.

The Me Too Movement is an uprising of women against sexual assault. It is not an uprising against men. It is not an uprising against conservatives. AND what it has revealed is its epidemic frequency in our society and all the ways in which it is enabled by a culture of silence.

If we allow sexual misconduct to become a partisan issue, we risk confounding and obscuring these causes and leaving the problem to fester for the next generation.

So my question to you, BentBow, and those who would silence and belittle these women and attempt to make this a partisan issue: Why? What is your rationale? What are you afraid of and what are you trying to protect?
Excellent post. Sexual assault is not a partisan issue. There are some posters who try to make everything completely partisan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
The time to report an offense or harassment is at the time it happened. Not after you got whatever it was in the exchange you wanted or years later for ulterior motives. If you don't report it in a timely manner then you chose to hold your peace, probably because it subjectively wasn't harassment or assault, and it should stay that way.
Bill Cosby - "They are all lying. Why didn't they come forward 30 years ago?"

Old 09-24-2018, 04:22 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,915,650 times
Quote:
The mask was pulled off it quickly, as it devastated the Democrat political machine.

Now you have paid demonstrators, in the halls of congress over clear false allegations from decades ago, yet they turn a blind eye when questioned about Cory Booker and Keith Ellison, with actual proof.
Not only do you have the reasons for why it started horribly incorrect, you are totally off that it has failed.

The mere fact that these issues are front-and-center in American discussions so frequently is a huge win for the cause.

Guess what, you can't be a gigantic sleezball and get away with it anymore.

It really has little to do with politics, even if politics (ahem: Trrump) was a major force behind its creation.

Old 09-24-2018, 04:33 PM

7,103 posts, read 5,989,018 times
Quote:

Have you been to https://metoomvmt.org/resources the resource page of meetoomvmt.org? It will tell you exactly what this is, a political movement. The fact that they support INCITE! is enough for me to hit the X button.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies