Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2018, 02:26 PM

3,618 posts, read 3,053,982 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Cult?

If you are going to accuse others of being in a "cult" just because they voted for a candidate, then I certainly hope that you will own up to the fact that you belong to the Obama/Hillary cult.
Remember, this is a thread about #metoo. Having said that, I could care less who you voted for. But when you start defending public figures when they are clearly doing wrong/harm, then you are part of a cult. I have no problem criticizing democratic leadership when I disagree with their actions. Cult 45 will not do the same for their leader.

This is part of the problem - people who cannot make independent judgements. Fox news watchers need to learn to think for themselves. Parroting what Hannity says does not equal critical thinking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2018, 02:29 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,833,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
What a farce this "MeToo" movement has become.
The mask was pulled off it quickly, as it devastated the Democrat political machine.

Now you have paid demonstrators, in the halls of congress over clear false allegations from decades ago, yet they turn a blind eye when questioned about Cory Booker and Keith Ellison, with actual proof.
MeToo is astroturf, meant to go after Republicans. It has netted Democrats.

Uh, your logic is bass ackwards, BB. If anything, this movement has been NON PARTISAN and does not discriminate on position, race, religion, etc. It has called out people on both sides of the aisle, and people who have NO political affiliations.

I know this doesn't fit into your little agenda, but you actually pointed out how FAIR this movement has been.

Old 09-23-2018, 02:35 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,254,341 times
Quote:
The mask was pulled off it quickly, as it devastated the Democrat political machine.
Now you have paid demonstrators, in the halls of congress over clear false allegations from decades ago, yet they turn a blind eye when questioned about Cory Booker and Keith Ellison, with actual proof.

You know damn well he was part of the Democrat political machine.
Ok--please try to follow the logic.

Weinstein was the first big fish caught in the #metoo net.

Your thread title - "MeeToo [sic] movement created to go after Conservatives" is Fake News.

This 'movement' had nothing to do with attacking conservatives.

It was about holding men (and women, as applicable) accountable for their words and behavior--my point being that Weinstein pretty much kicked off the movement and he is not conservative.

Your assertion in the title is flawed and not correct.

Old 09-23-2018, 02:36 PM

22,461 posts, read 11,981,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zach_33 View Post
Remember, this is a thread about #metoo. Having said that, I could care less who you voted for. But when you start defending public figures when they are clearly doing wrong/harm, then you are part of a cult. I have no problem criticizing democratic leadership when I disagree with their actions. Cult 45 will not do the same for their leader.

This is part of the problem - people who cannot make independent judgements. Fox news watchers need to learn to think for themselves. Parroting what Hannity says does not equal critical thinking.
So...I take it that you have defended both Hillary and Obama, correct? Then you, too, are part of a cult

Those who watch news on networks other than Fox also need to learn to think for themselves and not parrot what the pundits say. Parroting what they say does not equal "critical thinking".

Pot meet kettle.

Old 09-23-2018, 03:32 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,605,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Yes, and most of them either hold Republican office or are active in Republican politics.

Shameful bunch of Trumpites. I wonder if any are the mothers of daughters, and if so, how those daughters feel about this?
Actually they all voted for Obama, twice.

Old 09-23-2018, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post

Actually, that would be Bill Clinton.

Old 09-23-2018, 03:37 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,139,411 times
Quote:

Do you have anything at all to support this claim that it was created to target conservatives? Maybe the very fact that it's encompassing Democrats proves your statement to be untrue.

Old 09-23-2018, 03:38 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,833,054 times
Quote:
Actually they all voted for Obama, twice.

Does this stuff just freely flow out of your head, or do you have to work at it ? Just like Trump, some of you spew nonsense and then try to make it real.

Old 09-23-2018, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Does this stuff just freely flow out of your head, or do you have to work at it ? Just like Trump, some of you spew nonsense and then try to make it real.
# Theywalkedaway.

Old 09-23-2018, 03:59 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,435,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post

Your thread title - "MeeToo [sic] movement created to go after Conservatives" is Fake News.

This 'movement' had nothing to do with attacking conservatives.

It was about holding men (and women, as applicable) accountable for their words and behavior--my point being that Weinstein pretty much kicked off the movement and he is not conservative.

Your assertion in the title is flawed and not correct.
I think the Bill Crosby matter kicked it up a notch.
That, women will no longer accept men telling them , "your claim was so long ago..." " too late", " must be another agenda". " I never met you"
What scoundrels.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies