Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2018, 09:33 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,756,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I read this senator whose daughter is marrying on saturday said he had made arrangements to get there to vote "if they need him" to vote on Saturday.

we may have a dramatic helicopter ride by this senator being swept into the senate to cast his vote....a fitting finish to this saga if that happens.
What happens if that helicopter crashes?

Old 10-05-2018, 09:33 AM

10,776 posts, read 4,353,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
now you are just pushing people's buttons on the left.
I should get a Kavanaugh tattoo, and obviously a Trump tattoo.

Old 10-05-2018, 09:34 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,301,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
Murkowski is a no. That will cost her the re-election if she votes no on the final vote.
I don't think she is in any danger at all. She's one tough cookie and I respect her no matter what her final vote is. Remember she wasn't even on the ticket when she ran, she won by virtue of write in votes.

Old 10-05-2018, 09:34 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,970,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
No That is your opinion.

Iam no Kavanaugh supporter, but I do support innocent until proven guilty. If you have evidence that Kavanaugh did what he was accused of bring it.
The Dems obviously didn't.
No doubt in my mind they tried hard, but came up empty. I honestly dont care if Kavanaugh is selected. I honestly care that what the dems did to him can now be done to anyone.
You and many others keep thinking this is a criminal trial with the same standards for evidence as such. This is not a criminal trial. Kavanaugh is not being sentenced to prison. This is an appointment to the Supreme Court. The two are not at all alike. It is a job interview. In any job interview, a person can be cut from consideration because the potential employer doesn't like the tie they are wearing. And this is a job lasting decades in which it is nearly impossible to get fired. Are you suggesting his demeanor and lying alone is not enough to disqualify him?

I find it hard to believe that Kavanaugh supporters would hire any person as an employee in their own business if he were accused of committing sexual assault. I do not think they would. He would be too much of a liability.

People get fired or eliminated from consideration all the time for lying on their applications, much less lying under oath. And they want such a person on the Supreme Court?

Old 10-05-2018, 09:35 AM

59,113 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
Kavanaugh lied under oath!

You have said that Over and Over and have been challenged to PROVE it and INSTEAD, just repeat the SAME B.S!

Old 10-05-2018, 09:37 AM

59,113 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I don't know. There are other reasons Alaskans don't love Kavanaugh. That said, it's refreshing to see someone vote their conscience without worrying about which way the political wind blows.

Yeah? Are the on the Supreme Court? Didn't think so. Listen, even former conservative judges are speaking out about his nomination.

Polygraphs are often used for employment purposes. Working at the FBI for example.

Listen, if he HAD been brave enough to take a polygraph and he had passed - you'd be crowing about it 24/7.

"here are other reasons Alaskans don't love Kavanaugh"

And YOU have asked every single one of them.

No sense reading anymore of what you say!

Old 10-05-2018, 09:37 AM

764 posts, read 235,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I don't think she is in any danger at all. She's one tough cookie and I respect her no matter what her final vote is. Remember she wasn't even on the ticket when she ran, she won by virtue of write in votes.
I thought she was appointed by her father.

Old 10-05-2018, 09:39 AM

585 posts, read 493,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
You and many others keep thinking this is a criminal trial with the same standards for evidence as such. This is not a criminal trial. Kavanaugh is not being sentenced to prison. This is an appointment to the Supreme Court. The two are not at all alike. It is a job interview. In any job interview, a person can be cut from consideration because the potential employer doesn't like the tie they are wearing. And this is a job lasting decades in which it is nearly impossible to get fired. Are you suggesting his demeanor and lying alone is not enough to disqualify him?

I find it hard to believe that Kavanaugh supporters would hire any person as an employee in their own business if he were accused of committing sexual assault. I do not think they would. He would be too much of a liability.

People get fired or eliminated from consideration all the time for lying on their applications, much less lying under oath. And they want such a person on the Supreme Court?

So, in your opinion, the word of just one person is enough to derail this? If that's the case, there will never be anybody that will get through. There will always be someone from the past who has a bone to pick with someone nominated.

Old 10-05-2018, 09:41 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,301,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL IRON View Post
I thought she was appointed by her father.
Initially she was, but she subsequently won the seat in 2004 with write in votes

Quote:
ANCHORAGE (Reuters) - Alaska Republican Lisa Murkowski Wednesday became the first U.S. senator in more than 50 years to win an election with a write-in campaign as she established an unassailable lead over conservative Tea Party movement favorite Joe Miller. https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...6AG51C20101118

Old 10-05-2018, 09:46 AM

4,344 posts, read 5,800,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
Ford didn't lie, Ford passed a polygraph test, Kavanaugh didn't.
A whole 2 questions that didn't even mention BK by name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
Isn't there that one republican Senator who won't be there due to his daughter's wedding?

Maybe they will have the vote on Sunday?
He said he would find a way to be there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I know. There's a market for polygraph tests but I just don't personally think they prove much. Which is why they aren't allowed as evidence in court. Too much error, too easy to manipulate, etc.
Yes they are. I've even heard people say that they are easy to manipulate. I know I would fail one because I would be too nervous...and I can't tell a lie without getting busted lol!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies