Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2018, 05:12 PM

30,267 posts, read 23,751,941 times

Advertisements

https://twitter.com/Aaron05556322/st...91622432198656

Based Graham. This photo is the best.

Old 10-05-2018, 05:13 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,281,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Congrats to almost confirmed Brett Kavanaugh and President Trump who was able to beat the entire Democratic machine with the help of some very great Republican Senators!

Yay!
And with the help of one democratic senator. Let’s give credit where’s credit’s due.

17,440 posts, read 9,275,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Yes, they certainly can express their opinion and frustration but when you have an activist in Chicago agitating for people to “never let” a Maine rep “have a moment’s peace in public again” that goes beyond the pale.
Susan Collins gave an extraordinary speech today - she laid it out piece by piece, going through Judge Kavanaugh's Record and his opinions. She is well loved in Maine. She is respected in Maine.

Attacking Susan Collins particularly from Obama leftovers like Susan Rice ...... is a great way to turn the State of Maine RED. I think everyone must know by now I'm a Texan - I've spent a lot of time in Maine since the 1980's ..... (hint= HOT in Texas in summer, Cool in Maine in summer).

Great down to earth people, many small towns - even their large cities are like small town in Texas.
Mainers are pragmatic, more Libertarian than many and very Polite. "Never let XXX have moment of peace again" ........ will NOT play well.

The Leftists have lost their minds -- Normal People will NOT accept them.

16,236 posts, read 5,886,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I'm not saying anything like that. I'm saying if a woman is raped or assaulted, do everything you can to gather your courage and go to the police as soon as possible. I'm sure it's the hardest thing anyone could ever contemplate doing besides burying a child, but it is a duty in my opinion. Rapists are repeat offenders. We owe it to other women, men, boys, and girls to make sure that person gets marked for what they did (if they are proved to be guilty of course).

I understand children being manipulated to not tell, and being afraid to tell, but no woman or man should ever be too afraid to go to the police when they have an opportunity. It may not work out for you. They may tell you that there is not enough evidence to prosecute. They may tell you that the person you're going after is too powerful like they did to one victim of Bill Cosby, but there is a now a record of it. That woman had the last laugh because she not only made a report, she filed a civil suit against Cosby and got him to say some very incriminating things in a deposition. It's the thing that finally got him in trouble. So even though it seemed like it was pointless at the time, it really was a great move.
Katy unless you say all men are evil rapists then these posters are going to accuse you of enabling rapists and blaming the victim. They refuse to live in the real world.

There are predators in the real world. The best any of us can do is to be proactive and use some common sense. Nothing is 100%. The trusted friend or family member who is a predator will always be out there. Telling a predator not to rape women and expecting results is a pipe dream.

Is it blaming the victim if I advise a friend visiting my city to avoid certain areas, especially at night?
Is it blaming the victim if I advise them to avoid certain products that I know are defective?
Then why is it blaming the victim if I coach my daughters to use the buddy system and avoid accepting drinks from strangers? Yes I was criticized for that advice.

Old 10-05-2018, 05:17 PM

57,312 posts, read 26,236,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
He had a justifiable reason for being angry. The left had accused him of a vile crime. His family was receiving threats. The democrat party as a whole were the ones driving it all.
We already have a SCJ who spoke out against the President. She later apologized, but hey she is a hard core leftists so it is acceptable right?

Why do you impose standards for those on the right that you ignore in your own?
There are plenty of reasons to be angry, that doesn't excuse his behavior.

Old 10-05-2018, 05:17 PM

39,079 posts, read 51,252,674 times
When the Dems take back the Senate I hope they restore the 60 vote requirement for SC judges. We have seen what a partisan fiasco the simple majority vote is. Needing "the other side" would lead to better choices and eliminate the spectacle and the pressure on the only decent senators we have, the moderates.

Old 10-05-2018, 05:18 PM

7,759 posts, read 3,889,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
More stalkers in the making:

https://twitter.com/KatCalvinLA/stat...96247667445761

Yes, what a great idea the left should pursue. That will surely win them votes from the moderates and independents.
Women going after Women - Great

This is going to help the situation and the "cause" a lot.

Old 10-05-2018, 05:18 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,767,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
And with the help of one democratic senator. Let’s give credit where’s credit’s due.
Well he is saving or trying to save his seat but I applaud him for voting yes.

Old 10-05-2018, 05:20 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
When the Dems take back the Senate I hope they restore the 60 vote requirement for SC judges. We have seen what a partisan fiasco the simple majority vote is. Needing "the other side" would lead to better choices and eliminate the spectacle and the pressure on the only decent senators we have, the moderates.
Excellent point.

Old 10-05-2018, 05:20 PM

7,759 posts, read 3,889,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Well he is saving or trying to save his seat but I applaud him for voting yes.
Any Dem who votes for Kavanaugh will feel the wrath of the Clintons and end up in a body bag just like the rest of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies