Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2018, 09:58 AM

15,638 posts, read 10,396,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
What happens if that helicopter crashes?
that would be one hell of a cliff hanger. I guess we'd have to wait until next season to see who survived!

Old 10-05-2018, 09:59 AM

10,535 posts, read 6,169,672 times
Kavanaugh so perfectly represents everything about this administration.

White, male, entitled, angry, over-privileged and hyper-partisan.

And the mantra: deny, deny, deny.

They should confirm him. I can't think of a better symbol to represent the current times and this place in history.

Old 10-05-2018, 10:00 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,540,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
No That is your opinion.

I am no Kavanaugh supporter, but I do support innocent until proven guilty. If you have evidence that Kavanaugh did what he was accused of bring it.
The Dems obviously didn't. No doubt in my mind they tried hard, but came up empty. I honestly dont care if Kavanaugh is selected. I honestly care that what the dems did to him can now be done to anyone.
^^^^^ This (for the most part)

I also have issues with Di Fi's delay tactic essentially being rewarded.

Old 10-05-2018, 10:01 AM

46,302 posts, read 27,117,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
You have said that Over and Over and have been challenged to PROVE it and INSTEAD, just repeat the SAME B.S!

That's all they have now....BK stood up for himself and they left has no clue what to do....they are baffled by it....

14,888 posts, read 10,040,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Kavanaugh so perfectly represents everything about this administration.

White, male, entitled, angry, over-privileged and hyper-partisan.

And the mantra: deny, deny, deny.

They should confirm him. I can't think of a better symbol to represent the current times and this place in history.
Whatever makes you angry.

39,076 posts, read 51,246,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Joe Lockhart (former WH Press Secretary under Clinton) thinks there may be an agreement between Flake, Manchin, Murkowski, and Collins and that as part of such Murkowski was 'released' (Lockhart's word) to vote as she did.
I think there is a scheme by Republicans to force Manchin to be the deciding vote.

Old 10-05-2018, 10:02 AM

10,535 posts, read 6,169,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Whatever makes you angry.

I'm not angry.

Old 10-05-2018, 10:03 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,572,254 times
uh-oh...

https://mobile.twitter.com/RealSaave...81686326460419

17,440 posts, read 9,273,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
No That is your opinion.

I am no Kavanaugh supporter, but I do support innocent until proven guilty. If you have evidence that Kavanaugh did what he was accused of bring it.
The Dems obviously didn't. No doubt in my mind they tried hard, but came up empty. I honestly dont care if Kavanaugh is selected. I honestly care that what the dems did to him can now be done to anyone.
The FBI delivered more information to the Senate late yesterday - I wonder if Lisa Murkowski bothered to read it. I know that Susan Collins is spending a lot of time reading the FBI reports and was doing so again this morning.

This was reported this morning in the Wall Street Journal, it's a paywall site and Daily Caller is also reporting on it.

REPORT: FORD’S FRIEND FELT PRESSURE TO CHANGE STORY DENYING KNOWLEDGE OF PARTY, KAVANAUGH |Daily Caller - 10/5/18

When Christine Blasey Ford alleged she had been sexually assaulted by a then 15-year-old Brett Kavanaugh, she offered the name of a female friend who she said was at the party with her – Leland Keyser.

Keyser, through her lawyer, denied any memory of such a party or knowing Kavanaugh at all. Since that original statement, the Wall Street Journal reports, Keyser was pressured to change her statement to be more supportive of the claim.

Keyser “told FBI investigators that she felt pressured by Dr. Ford’s allies to revisit her initial statement that she knew nothing about an alleged sexual assault by a teenage Brett Kavanaugh, which she later updated she believed but couldn’t corroborate Dr. Ford’s account,” according the the Journal.

One of the people Keyser told investigators had reached out to encourage the change was former FBI agent and Ford friend Monica McLean. McLean is the woman an ex-boyfriend of Ford’s swore in a statement to the Senate had been coached by Ford on how to handle a polygraph test, contradicting her sworn testimony. McLean issued a press statement through Ford’s lawyers denying the allegation.

Of course McLean refutes that she attempted to get Keyser to support Ford's story - Keyser appeared to be aware that it is a Felony to lie to either the Judicial Committee Investigators and certainly to the FBI.

She informed the FBI when they did the supplemental Investigation what the Ford Allies/ including the friend McLean (who Ford coached for the Polygraph test) - they tried to get her to LIE. Keyser refused.

The more we find out -- all the things that Blasey-Ford couldn't remember, all the things she kept changing in her story, the "I can't fly" (until we found out she flew all over the world) - it just gets worse.

It's worth noting that Rachel Mitchell got Ford to admit that she was staying in the same small Beach Town that McLean lives in when she wrote the letter to Feinstein AND when she went to her polygraph test. McLean is a former DOJ/FBI employee who quit right after Donald Trump was elected - she is Ford's "Best Friend", Ford was staying with a former DOJ/FBI employee and told Mitchell she just didn't know how to contact the Judicial Committee .... does that really make sense to anyone??

It even gets more interesting when you look at the Lawyers that both McLean and Blasey Ford have hired and their connections to a specific division at DOJ/FBI that were involved in FISA warrants.
Sometimes - there really are no coincidences.

Last edited by Kibby; 10-05-2018 at 10:37 AM..

14,888 posts, read 10,040,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
I'm not angry.
Awwwwww, sure you are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies