Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2018, 11:20 AM

33,321 posts, read 12,516,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
It seems Mclean lawyered up prior to Keyser stating she felt pressured by her. The ex boyfriend stating under oath in an affidavit that McClean was coached by Dr. Ford prior to her polygraph years ago or the fact that she most likely helped Dr. Ford write the letter to Feinstein accusing Kavanaugh may have been the first reasons she lawyered up. It seems this McClean lady, former FBI, is up to her nose in this.
Is it possible that Dr. Ford really is a little weak pawn being used by this McClean?
If some of what Axxlrod points out in post #3798 is not a coincidence....I doubt she is a weak little pawn.

Old 10-05-2018, 11:21 AM

10,529 posts, read 6,163,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Kavanaugh so perfectly represents everything about this administration.

White, male, entitled, angry, over-privileged and hyper-partisan.

And the mantra: deny, deny, deny.

They should confirm him. I can't think of a better symbol to represent the current times and this place in history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Just have to love how the left is making BK out to be some evil person, I figured this guy would be one of their hero's after defending the Elian Gonzales case, and pro bono at that . The Democrats were all about kicking out illegals at that time. BK worked to try and keep him here.
https://townhall.com/columnists/humb...itude-n2516827

Funny how quickly things change....
LOL.

You're at least the 5th person to take issue with my post.

I said they should confirm him. I don't know what you're all so uptight about.

And everything I said is true. He is white, he is male, he is angry, he is over-privileged, he is hyper-partisan and he has denied everything. He's exactly like Trump. Perfect right? You guys should be happy.

If you don't like any of the traits I stated, pick someone else.

Old 10-05-2018, 11:21 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,005,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Uh-huh. And what do you make of Kavanaugh's three drinking buddies who say he lied under oath? https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...Kz&ocid=AARDHP
Are they colluding with the FBI as well?
Wouldn't one have to take a long look into their past to see what/if there's an axe to grind here? Wouldn't one have to look back and see if they're part of #resist?

I mean, to be fair and all (I know that's a foreign idea to y'all)...

Old 10-05-2018, 11:23 AM

39,077 posts, read 51,218,516 times
Quote:
LOL.

And everything I said is true. He is white, he is male, he is angry, he is over-privileged, he is hyper-partisan and he has denied everything. He's exactly like Trump. Perfect right? You guys should be happy.

They have been losing for so long, I don't think they know how to win with any grace or decorum.

Old 10-05-2018, 11:24 AM

21,467 posts, read 10,570,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
If you believe that is the reason he mentions it in his year book then that is on you. Nine out of ten people would not have that interpretation. And if you were honest neither would you.
If I’m being honest, I could care less about his behavior in high school and college. It doesn’t matter. Times were different then, and I for one am glad I grew up then than now if what I see on the Capitol steps right now is what millenials grew up with. I find it sad that they’re so unhappy, and don’t have enough smarts to realize what they’re asking for is against everything that makes this country great. Our judicial system is supposed to be equal protection under the law, and defendants are granted the presumption of innocence until proven guilty.

Old 10-05-2018, 11:28 AM

4,514 posts, read 2,522,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
i'm expecting a bomshell sometime between now and the vote. dem tactics.
Im betting on a bomb threat by a dem tomorrow to delay vote.

Old 10-05-2018, 11:29 AM

29,468 posts, read 14,639,119 times
Quote:
LOL.

Uptight....Not at all. I just enjoy watching the left continually prove what many of us think.
Personally, I think he should have withdrawn and Trump could have nominated one of his four female SCOTUS picks, maybe Amy Barrett.
Then again, I forget, all this isn't really about BK and whether he should or shouldn't be nominated, it's all about the timing.

Old 10-05-2018, 11:29 AM

18,010 posts, read 27,456,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
I wish I hadn't quit drinking myself I could use a beer after all this drama (which ain't over yet, BTW, because I suppose someone could change their vote).
That may be, but the world is watching ChucklebucketsSchumer more closely now and there will be no blue wave nor a pink wave.

As far as quitting drinking, that's really easy.

All you gonna do is bend your elbow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
Kavanaugh lied under oath!
A) prove it.
B) Christine Blassey (insert last name here) lied about the charge that brought this on.
C) If not Kavanaugh, then Barrett

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
Not sure if this is how he’ll vote tomorrow or not but good job Joe. Your better than several of the Republican senators
That's right. Thought Trumps rally in Joe's state with Morrissey's big fat mouth flappin was horrible timing.

Last edited by McGowdog; 10-05-2018 at 11:50 AM..

Old 10-05-2018, 11:33 AM

39,077 posts, read 51,218,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
If I’m being honest, I could care less about his behavior in high school and college. It doesn’t matter. Times were different then, and I for one am glad I grew up then than now if what I see on the Capitol steps right now is what millenials grew up with. I find it sad that they’re so unhappy, and don’t have enough smarts to realize what they’re asking for is against everything that makes this country great. Our judicial system is supposed to be equal protection under the law, and defendants are granted the presumption of innocence until proven guilty.
Me neither. It was his lying under oath and his appalling display of partisanship, the threats to get even, that turned me off. He should have come clean on being a drunken punk in college. His supporters would not have cared - as you attest - and he would not have committed a felony on his way to the bench.

Old 10-05-2018, 11:33 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,504,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Uh-huh. And what do you make of Kavanaugh's three drinking buddies who say he lied under oath? https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...Kz&ocid=AARDHP
Are they colluding with the FBI as well?

His drinking buddy and millions of others who oppose Kavanaugh have zero connection with the FBI. Is that supposed to mean, in your mind, that the people mentioned do Not have connections to the DOJ and worked together to shape the Ford allegations ?

If you think he lied about his drinking, and that's a good reason to oppose him, fine. I wouldn't oppose any nominee based on their possibly understating, minimizing, lying about, if you want to call it that, excessive drinking in HS and college.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies