Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2018, 10:37 AM

46,302 posts, read 27,117,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I said "would-be" rapist. All of the anti-kavanaugh witnesses have reported death threats. Ford can't even live in her house anymore because the BK people are threatening her and her family. Typical - just like Charlotte. Let's not gloss over the indisputable fact that he lied under oath as well. OK?

Anyway, chill. You are gonna get him on the bench. It was never in doubt.

And BK and his family did not get death threats? Oh no, she had to move from her million dollar house to another million dollar house....

You chill and stop making stupid accusations......

Then why are the dems not going after him? Answer: Because he did not lie....even the FBI found nothing....fact...

Old 10-05-2018, 10:38 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,959,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I said "would-be" rapist. All of the anti-kavanaugh witnesses have reported death threats. Ford can't even live in her house anymore because the BK people are threatening her and her family.
Maybe she can move to her other house. She has several to choose from.

Everyone involved has been getting "threats to their families" by the way, not just Ford. Kavanaugh too. Good thing they are both so wealthy that they can well afford to hire security, move somewhere temporarily, whatever.

I guess Kavanaugh is also a "would be killer" in your book too, since Ford alleged that she was afraid for her life when he supposedly put his hand over her mouth.

My, my, the posturing...

Old 10-05-2018, 10:39 AM

57,315 posts, read 26,228,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
I said anything trump related...nice that you feel it necessary to change my words to fit your argument

and...

Immigration, just off the top of my head....
Her quote was regarding Trump

She cant be objective on immigration because she made a comment about Trump?

Quote:
Why does it have to be at a hearing? She stated how she felt about trump, does not matter where or when it happen, she apologized for it....the apology does not matter, she stated it, and that is how she felt. Do you really think that when she apologized she changed her mind on how she felt about trump?

So, rbg stated how she felt about trump...is that not partisanship?

I seen a person stand up for himself, I know that's scary for people on the left.....
This was a formal hearing with prepared comments for a Supreme Court position, he didn't handle it very well. What does he mean when he says "whatever goes around comes around", is that how a supreme court justice speaks.

You saw a man stand up for himself, I saw a man quoting conspiracy theories and insulting the senators. He doesn't belong on the court.

Old 10-05-2018, 10:39 AM

39,076 posts, read 51,246,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
No way. Too big of a deal to ride on the 1 vote of a Democrat Senator. I like Joe but he's still a Politician and could easily vote against BK.
They still have Pence. They have Manchin in a box with the Murkowski deception.

Old 10-05-2018, 10:40 AM

10,420 posts, read 14,607,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Looks like another right wing activist judge will soon be on the court. Disheartening thought to the family of MA slain police officer Sean Gannon. His parents had went public pleading against his confirmation calling Kavanaugh a pro-gun judicial extremist”. They feel he has a “radical interpretation of the Second Amendment” and has refused to acknowledge the difference between a safely stored handgun or hunting rifle and “an assault weapon that can kill dozens of people in seconds.” It is their opinion that Kavanaugh's extremist views are a danger to law enforcement officials across the nation.

Political Notes: Sgt. Gannon’s parents oppose Kavanaugh
Political Notes: Sgt. Gannon's parents oppose Kavanaugh - News - capecodtimes.com - Hyannis, MA
They apparently viewed their son's death as a happy opportunity.

Old 10-05-2018, 10:40 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,330,074 times
Kavanaugh confirmation should be about Truthfulness not Evasiveness and Lies!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHBvOImIZNU

Old 10-05-2018, 10:41 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,980,917 times
Not sure if this has been discussed here, but what is the plan on the left if Kavanaugh isn't nominated? Do they go after getting him removed from his current position?

Old 10-05-2018, 10:41 AM

39,076 posts, read 51,246,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
And BK and his family did not get death threats? Oh no, she had to move from her million dollar house to another million dollar house....

You chill and stop making stupid accusations......

Then why are the dems not going after him? Answer: Because he did not lie....even the FBI found nothing....fact...
LOL! Seek and ye shall find. I suspect the NYT will be finding a lot in the coming weeks.

Old 10-05-2018, 10:42 AM

764 posts, read 235,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Looks like another right wing activist judge will soon be on the court. Disheartening thought to the family of MA slain police officer Sean Gannon. His parents had went public pleading against his confirmation calling Kavanaugh a pro-gun judicial extremist”. They feel he has a “radical interpretation of the Second Amendment” and has refused to acknowledge the difference between a safely stored handgun or hunting rifle and “an assault weapon that can kill dozens of people in seconds.” It is their opinion that Kavanaugh's extremist views are a danger to law enforcement officials across the nation.

Political Notes: Sgt. Gannon’s parents oppose Kavanaugh
Political Notes: Sgt. Gannon's parents oppose Kavanaugh - News - capecodtimes.com - Hyannis, MA
His stance on the 2nd is one of the best reasons to confirm him to the court. If you don't like the 2nd then go through the process to repeal it.

Old 10-05-2018, 10:42 AM

5,717 posts, read 3,148,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
Kavanaugh confirmation should be about Truthfulness not Lies!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHBvOImIZNU
We already all agree on that. The argument is over what the "truth" is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies