Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2018, 10:42 AM

10,535 posts, read 6,169,672 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Gotta love when they know they are wrong...oh lOoKiE...you misspelled something and your, your, your , your just wrong....

Nope.

What's this a reference to? If you think I used 'your' incorrectly, you're wrong.

Also too many spaces after your final comma.

And what's lOoKiE?

Old 10-05-2018, 10:42 AM
exm

3,723 posts, read 1,782,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Not sure if this has been discussed here, but what is the plan on the left if Kavanaugh isn't nominated? Do they go after getting him removed from his current position?

Yes, they want to impeach Trump and Kavanaugh. I would *LOVE* if they would move forward with this. It would mean an absolute wipe-out in the 2020 elections for the dems.

Old 10-05-2018, 10:44 AM

8,499 posts, read 4,565,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
They apparently viewed their son's death as a happy opportunity.

What an abhorrent nasty comment. Truly deplorable.

Old 10-05-2018, 10:45 AM

46,302 posts, read 27,117,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Her quote was regarding Trump

She cant be objective on immigration because she made a comment about Trump?

Which makes her biased against him. She even apologized for the comments she made about trump....

How can she non-biased?

Quote:
This was a formal hearing with prepared comments for a Supreme Court position, he didn't handle it very well. What does he mean when he says "whatever goes around comes around", is that how a supreme court justice speaks..

Who cares? You don't care that rbg is a partisan, drunk (in her own words) hack....

Quote:
You saw a man stand up for himself, I saw a man quoting conspiracy theories and insulting the senators. He doesn't belong on the court.
The truth hurts sometimes....and it obviously stuck a nerve with the Clintons as they spoke up as well....

He fully belongs on the court. He was on the 2nd highest court in the United States....

You guys tried and failed....

Old 10-05-2018, 10:45 AM

89,035 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Looks like another right wing activist judge will soon be on the court. Disheartening thought to the family of MA slain police officer Sean Gannon. His parents had went public pleading against his confirmation calling Kavanaugh a pro-gun judicial extremist”.
That makes no sense. Kavanaugh supports gun control laws. He supported the ban on full automatics or machine guns, reasoning that they "were developed for the battlefield and were never in widespread civilian use." He's not as Constitutionalist as I would like, but there you have it...

Old 10-05-2018, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Nope.

What's this a reference to? If you think I used 'your' incorrectly, you're wrong.

Also too many spaces after your final comma.

And what's lOoKiE?

Making fun of you, that's what. I have noting else to say, so I'm GoIng to talk about how someone Spells or makes a MIStake....while typing....

Old 10-05-2018, 10:47 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,020,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
You and many others keep thinking this is a criminal trial with the same standards for evidence as such. This is not a criminal trial. Kavanaugh is not being sentenced to prison. This is an appointment to the Supreme Court. The two are not at all alike. It is a job interview. In any job interview, a person can be cut from consideration because the potential employer doesn't like the tie they are wearing. And this is a job lasting decades in which it is nearly impossible to get fired. Are you suggesting his demeanor and lying alone is not enough to disqualify him?

I find it hard to believe that Kavanaugh supporters would hire any person as an employee in their own business if he were accused of committing sexual assault. I do not think they would. He would be too much of a liability.

People get fired or eliminated from consideration all the time for lying on their applications, much less lying under oath. And they want such a person on the Supreme Court?
It's actually worse than being sent to prison as that sentence ends. These B.S. accusations have marked him and his family for LIFE. What part of that don't you ideologues understand?
Just like Justice Thomas it will constantly brought up whenever his name is mentioned, doesn't matter that NOTHING was proven and in fact the accusations against Kavahaugh were/are laughable on their face.

Y'all keep up chanting "liar" except y'all can't PROVE it, you just parrot your partisan hack masters and/or TDS Central.

I used to think that I'd not wish such a vile thing on anyone but that has changed to "I hope y'all who are still pushing this B.S. get to experience it for yourselves". I hope you find out for yourselves how it is to be falsely attacked/smeared without ANY freaking proof other than some half baked accusation and then endure the destruction that comes along with it.

THAT will be justice.

Old 10-05-2018, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
LOL! Seek and ye shall find. I suspect the NYT will be finding a lot in the coming weeks.
Even if it's not there, it will be found....

Old 10-05-2018, 10:49 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,020,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
You have said that Over and Over and have been challenged to PROVE it and INSTEAD, just repeat the SAME B.S!
It's the TDS Central talking point. It's all they've got left...

Old 10-05-2018, 10:49 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,273,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I'm OK with it. But I am curious what Kavanaugh supporters think of his calling potential witnesses to a crime he committed asking them to cover for him - and then lying under oath about when he became aware of the charge.
You are OK with Ford's friend attempting to get the witness she named to LIE under Penalty of Felony??

You you understand how Normal People view anyone who not only would do this ...... but view anyone who would actually say "I'm OK with it".

Character assassination, the destruction of an entire career ...... over what?
#Resistance

That's witness tampering and it's very likely to be exposed ..... Manafort is in jail for that right now.
The FBI doesn't just have Leyland Keyser's "word" for his (under penalty of perjury) -- she gave them her texts and emails. Monica McLean is in this up to her neck. The FBI also has texts about the accusations against Kavanaugh .... if he did that, then it's in the FBI report and I bet it's not there from what those who have read it have said.

It remains to be seen whether Blasey Ford was in on the plan or just manipulated by McClean.
The WSJ did say they have the McLean texts/emails to Keyser and she has Lawyered up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies