Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2018, 08:09 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,262,186 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
I believe her because I found her testimony credible on its face. She was only 15 y/o and very impressionable - and clearly scared out of her mind.
How so? The only thing "indelible in the hippocampus" was "uproarious laughter".

Not his face or anything else. Well, other than she only had ONE beer.

Not where she was, how she got there (how many miles from home at the impressionable age of 15 years old?), how she got home, the layout of the house (no bathrooms on any floor other than the one across from a bedroom that was the only place in the house music was playing), if she got there before he did or he got there before she did; but he had obviously showed up drunk, not one of her "witnesses" can corroborate a thing she said about a thing.

Quote:
Further, to bring this accusation today - knowing there was no way she could prove it and further knowing how hideous the process might become - isn't anything any female willingly subjects herself to. That is also the reason I've always believed Anita Hill. She didn't make any of that up. It was all true.
It's really amazing what liberal activists will do. How much are her Gofundme accounts up to?

Old 10-04-2018, 08:10 PM

8,634 posts, read 10,155,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
In honor of your enlightened attitude, I donated to Heidi Heitkamp and against Susan Collins today...

I hope others, men and women, who see evidence of the mysogeny of GOP supporters in remarks like yours and the multiple others will do the same...
How does one donate against someone?

Old 10-04-2018, 08:10 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,024,933 times
I find it fascinating that some folks will cite two letters as definitive truth, but dismiss 9 letters that don't support their notion of the truth.

I don't know how these folks can't see that one is not more truthful than the other.

The job interview process revealed some possible issues with Kavanaugh.

Given there are a list of other suitable candidates -- why do you take the obviously flawed one.

Old 10-04-2018, 08:11 PM

736 posts, read 353,685 times
Quote:
In honor of your enlightened attitude, I donated to Heidi Heitkamp and against Susan Collins today...

I hope others, men and women, who see evidence of the mysogeny of GOP supporters in remarks like yours and the multiple others will do the same...
She isn't doing very well in the polls. Last, I read she is behind in the double digits. More like pissing in the wind on the part of Democrats who are donating to her. Heidi voting no for Kavanaugh will worsen her chances of getting elected. History is not on her side by voting no for Kavanaugh. That is a fact.

Old 10-04-2018, 08:13 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,024,933 times
What do all the following have in common,
-The Catholic Journal
-The largest organization of Christian churches
-Former Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens

They all think Kavanaugh should not be on the Supreme Court.
None of them are Liberals.
None of them are pro Roe v Wade.

Old 10-04-2018, 08:13 PM

805 posts, read 1,085,128 times
Quote:

You may as well have flushed your money down the toilet. Heitkamp is toast in ND.

Old 10-04-2018, 08:14 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,882,675 times
Quote:
He is a man who has lied under oath multiple times--not just evaded the intent of the question but flat out lied.

He is the perfect candidate for Trump--
A kindred spirit so to speak
He will be the most tarnished Supreme Court Justice since Roger Taney

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_B._Taney
All might be true, but none of it makes him guilty of sexual assault, none proves or indicates that he committed any such act.

If he is tarnished it is by the witch hunt using the presumption of guilt to slander rather than prove. You found Ford's testimony convincing because you wanted to believe. It fits your anti-male anti-right agenda.

I don't care if Kavanaugh is voted down. I care that an entire political party just used the protection of the senate to attack and slander without a shred of evidence. Now tell me how what the Democrats just did is any different than 3rd world justice?

Old 10-04-2018, 08:15 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,888,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I find it fascinating that some folks will cite two letters as definitive truth, but dismiss 9 letters that don't support their notion of the truth.

I don't know how these folks can't see that one is not more truthful than the other.

The job interview process revealed some possible issues with Kavanaugh.

Given there are a list of other suitable candidates -- why do you take the obviously flawed one.
Because it was never about just a "conservative" candidate
It was about a PARTICULAR conservative candidate
Who has long history of explaining how he is determined to vote on two specific issues---
Roe V Wade--which means any case before the court where he can whittle away at the protections of Roe V Wade he will...
And subpoena/legal suit against the President--
Once he was able to claim it was ok to subpoena and sue the president (Starr against Clinton), and he worked for Republican presidents then he wasn't so sure that was a good idea anymore--
So with the power of magical thinking, he reversed himself and now thinks totally the opposite which is totally to Trump's benefit/wishes...

He is a sock puppet for Trump and those in Congress who are compromised by Mueller's investigation
And I doubt he will recuse himself from any case that comes before him

Old 10-04-2018, 08:15 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,882,675 times
Hey I simply replied to a post. Confront the original poster.

Old 10-04-2018, 08:16 PM

21,480 posts, read 10,579,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AleeGee View Post
Jojajn,
I watched the video, and he was not rude in my opinion. He was flabbergasted, and trying to convey to her the fact that being asked about blackout drinking, is as ridiculous as him asking her. He is nominated for a seat on the Supreme Court. He should not have to endure this. He has done nothing to warrant this treatment. I rather like his sass.
One more thing. Fords'witnesses amount to people she told, not actual witnesses. SHE HAS A PhD. HOW COULD SHE BE SO THICK? WHAT UNIVERSITY DID SHE EARN HER PhD? IT MAKES THAT SCHOOL LOOK VERY BAD.
Harvard Law and Yale Law students were spouting off that believe women crap. It is a very low point for these schools. If they can’t even teach future lawyers the bedrock principals of our justice system, then they aren’t very good law schools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies