Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2018, 08:17 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,252,518 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Keep making him a victim
That is the GOP's strategy to invigorate the males who feel threatened by Graham and others like Trump...
Keep making her a martyr for the "Believe Women: Men Are ALWAYS Guilty" campaign. Even before due process.

That's the Liberal Dem strategy - hang 'em first. Figure it all out later.

37,315 posts, read 59,832,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
All might be true, but none of it makes him guilty of sexual assault, none proves or indicates that he committed any such act.

If he is tarnished it is by the witch hunt using the presumption of guilt to slander rather than prove. You found Ford's testimony convincing because you wanted to believe. It fits your anti-male anti-right agenda.

I don't care if Kavanaugh is voted down. I care that an entire political party just used the protection of the senate to attack and slander without a shred of evidence. Now tell me how what the Democrats just did is any different than 3rd world justice?
In what 3rd world country would a man ever be conflicted of anything based on the word of a single woman?

16,236 posts, read 5,875,030 times
Quote:
Because it was never about just a "conservative" candidate
It was about a PARTICULAR conservative candidate
Who has long history of explaining how he is determined to vote on two specific issues---
Roe V Wade--which means any case before the court where he can whittle away at the protections of Roe V Wade he will...
And subpoena/legal suit against the President--
Once he was able to claim it was ok to subpoena and sue the president (Starr against Clinton), and he worked for Republican presidents then he wasn't so sure that was a good idea anymore--
So with the power of magical thinking, he reversed himself and now thinks totally the opposite which is totally to Trump's benefit/wishes...

He is a sock puppet for Trump and those in Congress who are compromised by Mueller's investigation
And I doubt he will recuse himself from any case that comes before him
Bull sheet.
Complete Bullsheet.
It was about agenda and delaying the nomination. Why else sit on evidence for more than a month. The dems are hoping for a power change after the midterms.

Kind of reminds me of when Reid used the protection of the senate floor to lie about Romney's taxes. I mean literally lie.

Old 10-04-2018, 08:18 PM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picardlx View Post
Random Post:
I'm a Democrat. But just saw that Orrin Hatch bye-bye wave video...... Pure gold.
had to look that up..

"Why aren't you brave enough to talk to us and exchange with us?," one woman shouted at Hatch. "Don't you wave your hand at me, I wave my hand at you."
Hatch, who just entered the elevator had a terse reply: "When you grow up, I'll be glad to ..."

Old 10-04-2018, 08:20 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,875,030 times
Quote:
In what 3rd world country would a man ever be conflicted of anything based on the word of a single woman?
The same ones where you are guilty until proven innocent.
The same ones where an accuser's story changes. The accuser has no facts, no evidence, no witnesses and the system is allowed to destroy the accused.

Old 10-04-2018, 08:22 PM

Kavanaugh proved to over 1000 law professors that he was unfit to sit on the Supreme Court because of his ATTITUDE, his PARTISAN comments, his OUTBURTS which were totally against the exact counsel that Kavanaugh himself gave in a speech to Columbia Law school students--about the need for a judge to be non-emotional, non-personal...
He lost his cool...
Thomas lost his cool in a similar situation but not as badly as Kavanaugh and certainly not with the partisan invective that Kavanaugh used...
That alone with a same Judiciary Committee hearing his testimony would have been enough to make members stop and reassess his fitness for the Supreme Court...
But they were just as intent as Kavanaugh on casting blame on the Democrats

He lied---
He has a history of doing it
The GOP just didn't want to see it--
They never should have allowed him to get the appellate seat initially...

Old 10-04-2018, 08:25 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,734,707 times
Quote:
In honor of your enlightened attitude, I donated to Heidi Heitkamp and against Susan Collins today...

I hope others, men and women, who see evidence of the mysogeny of GOP supporters in remarks like yours and the multiple others will do the same...
Despite you donating to yet another losing cause, something liberals love to do. I hope you made the donation in my name.

But beyond that lets address the statement I made that you have an issue with. You want all Women to be believed on just their say so. That's not how the criminal justice system works. We know all too well that ANYONE can make an accusation. An Investigation is opened, individuals questioned and evidence is collected. If there is no physical evidence, and no collaboration there is no crime. An accusation is not evidence. This position is not misogyny it's common sense and, you just wasted some more of your money.

Old 10-04-2018, 08:27 PM

2,359 posts, read 1,033,954 times
Quote:

In honor of your enlightened attitude, I donated to Heidi Heitkamp ...
So you took your hard-earned (we'll charitably assume) money and threw it out the window of an 85-story skyscraper. Very good. Congratulations.

You could have just burned the cash in your fireplace, you know. It would still have been a hilariously stupid waste of money, of course, but at least it would have kept your house warm for a few moments.

Just thought you'd like to know how your desperate act appears to normal people, as viewed in the cold, clear light of day.

Old 10-04-2018, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
The same ones where you are guilty until proven innocent.
The same ones where an accuser's story changes. The accuser has no facts, no evidence, no witnesses and the system is allowed to destroy the accused.
You obviously don't read too much about justice in 3rd world countries--
In many of them women can't even be called as witnesses against men
And a man would never be in ANY jeopardy of being punished for a rape charge like Ford brought--

And how is Kavanaugh going to be "destroyed"
Isn't he going to get exactly what he has worked for since writing all those calendars while at Georgetown Prep?
Isn't he going to be sworn in as a Justice on the Supreme Court?

I am sure he is more than willing to trade being notorious for a couple of weeks for a lifetime appointment...
I don't imagine he is going to denied entry to any Yale alumni reunions even if many of the people there know the truth about his drinking and partying and likely that Ramirez claimed really happened...
But he feels he is owed this seat--and he was darn well going to collect...

If he feels like he got screwed over in the process, then he should have some empathy for plenty of women who had to go through much the same embarassment and harassment to get their promotions...

Old 10-04-2018, 08:28 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,729,827 times
Quote:
In honor of your enlightened attitude, I donated to Heidi Heitkamp and against Susan Collins today...

I hope others, men and women, who see evidence of the mysogeny of GOP supporters in remarks like yours and the multiple others will do the same...
You murdered 1000 puppies last summer. You and me both know it's true. How can you live with yourself??

Within the context of this being a web-forum, can you reliably prove yourself innocent?

Innocent until proven guilty isn't misogyny. (<--that's how you spell misogyny by the way). Innocent until proven guilty is just common sense. Guilty until proven innocent leads to things like the Holocaust, the Holodomor, the Cultural Revolution, etc. It's what made the witch trials of the Middle Ages notorious. Millions of innocent people die because they are presumed to be guilty of something, the mob assumes they are guilty and they get slaughtered.

Therein lies the problem with partisan politics. Republicans will enthusiastically believe any accusation made against any powerful Democrat without evidence. Democrats will enthusiastically believe any accusation made against a powerful Republican without evidence. Both are being idiots in the process. Partisan politics makes people stupid.

Christine Ford is a political activist and fanatically devoted Democrat. Like many thousands of like minded Democrats, she would do anything to protect Roe vs Wade -- and to keep the Supreme Court from overturning other controversial rulings as well. I would venture to say that she'd die for the cause. She was in the same geographical area as Brett Kavanaugh during her childhood, so she had the opportunity to do something. In all likelihood, she actually is the victim of sexual assault by some completely different person. Why let it go to waste? She suddenly remembered this assault from 30+ years prior precisely at the time that Mitt Romney looked like he might win the election and Brett Kavanaugh happened to be on Romney's short list of Supreme Court nominees. Her story gets set aside when Romney lost, but it was locked and loaded waiting in case Kavanaugh was ever nominated. It was held secret until the last possible moment. She wasn't able to say where or when the assault occurred. In fact she happens to have forgotten absolutely everything that could lead to perjury and defamation charges being brought against her.

It's even possible that she's telling the truth, but she has so little evidence that it wouldn't even make it to a courtroom. Political hysteria theater is very different, am I right? Just an accusation is good enough to ruin a life, and damn the consequences, right? And Republicans will throw it all back in your collective faces when it's Democrats trying to seat a Supreme Court justice. I can guarantee you won't believe the accusations against the Democrat. You will insist that it takes actual evidence. You will be saying the same things then that the Republicans are saying now.

Partisan politics makes you stupid. We either believe that innocent is proven guilty is how we operate or we're devolving into eventual genocide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies