Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2018, 07:48 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,908,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthDeKalb View Post
Looks like Lisa Murkowski is most likely going to vote no according to a group of lawyers who just concluded a meeting with her. They said based on Lisa’s position during their meeting, they’d be shocked if she ended up voting to confirm.
At least she has a spine unlike that fake Flake.

Old 10-04-2018, 07:49 PM

1,885 posts, read 3,403,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
I agree with some of what you had to say. However, I also can see, as plain as the nose on my face, that this entire debacle was orchestrated by the Democrats. All the evidence is right there, staring you all in the face. There is no question that this was indeed a hit, planned by the Democrats, to stop this conservative judge from being confirmed. I'm sorry, but the writing is literally all over the wall on this one. If you can't see that this was set up and used as a backup plan to stop Kavanaugh, then you are willfully trying not to see it. Which would mean you are also ignoring the fact that these Democrats don't give a damn about Dr. Ford or her claim. They have used this for political purposes, nothing more. Once this is over, she will be forgotten. And hey, maybe if Kavanaugh isn't confirmed, the Democrats will get something to really scream about. Have fun dealing with Amy Coney Barrett.
While I don’t disagree, don’t sway too far into any corner of the ring to realize that Republicans couldn’t care less about Kavanaugh’s strife either. Zero ***** given LOL

The only person who may feel any authentic semblance of compassion is Trump, and that’s only because of his own conga line of victims and accusers.

Old 10-04-2018, 07:49 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,024,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Democrats have become dangerous to the USA.

Their shameful actions prove it.
I guess you missed the actual death threats by those on the right.

https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/r...-not-confirmed

You might have not seen it but I know you would want to know that left and right are full of big talk.

Old 10-04-2018, 07:50 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,884,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Well I guess all those children that were abused decades ago are out of luck, their cases are out the window.

Anyone know why there needs to be a Saturday vote, one of the republican senators is giving away his daughter Saturday and may miss the vote. Why cant they wait until Monday?
You mean the ones who absolutely knew who their attacker was, absolutely knew where and when it happened and attacker had actually been moved around due to his predatory behaviors? You mean the ones who had more than I think it was when I was 15? I think it happened at a house, I think these other people were witnesses. Oh yeah and the witnesses deny it happened?

I want victims to be believed. I also want some kind of proof before we destroy someones life and call him guilty without ever having a trial.

The left who claims that everyone deserves a fair trial, even when they are caught in the act. That is unless the accused might not fit the agenda. Then we call them guilty based upon nothing but a weak story that no witnesses can support.

3,614 posts, read 1,737,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
You mean the Democrats used dirty Republican tactics, like questioning Obama's birth certificate or refusing to do their Constitutional duty and give Garland a hearing?

Even if this was a political hit, Kavanaugh disqualified himself with his belligerent attitude and multiple lies under oath. The Democrats didn't do that, he did that all by himself. Even Justice Stevens agrees, this guy does not belong on the court.
No, he did not. If he didn't defend himself vigorously from a false rape accusation you would accuse him of having no emotion and being disconnected from the rest of the world and incapable of judging a case fairly. Enough of your nonsense. Enough of the liberals nonsense. The country has rejected progressive left antics and policies now numerous times since 2016. Take a hint.

21,480 posts, read 10,582,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1
There's no 'presumed innocent' when it comes to a job interview.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
That is without a doubt the dumbest talking point in all of this mess.
Besides Believe All Women!

Old 10-04-2018, 07:54 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,737,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Besides Believe All Women!
Trust, but verify. No evidence physical evidence, no crime.

Old 10-04-2018, 07:54 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,884,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
I know you're not familiar with the statue of Lady Justice, where a blind folded woman is holding a set of scale; so let me explain to you why she is blind folded. It's a symbol that justice is blind - high crimes, petty crimes, rich people, poor people, crimes of deaths, crimes of rape; they are all going to be treated equally. It's what's we called, hmmm what do we call it? Oh yeah, AMERICAN VALUES.

I know the Right-wing and Republicans are not familiar with either justice or American values. So I'll give you a pass.

I thought for a minute that you were being sarcastic. After what we have watched the dems just pull you actually point fingers at the right?

Does lady justice call guilty before any evidence is presented? The dems did that with Kavanaugh. Does lady justice call guilty when there is no evidence and the witnesses for the accuser deny that it happened? Does lady Justice call guilty before there is even a trial?

In the America I loved we were presumed innocent until proven guilty. Can you even pretend that Kavanaugh was afforded that presumption? Now be honest.

Old 10-04-2018, 07:56 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,493,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
And what basis do you believe her? Just her words? I am genuinely curious.

Usually people require a bit more evidence to believe something, for example, if someone accuses your kid of stealing a cookie, of course the first things asked are where and when, and from there establish if it is a possibility it occurred.
I believe her because I found her testimony credible on its face. She was only 15 y/o and very impressionable - and clearly scared out of her mind.

Further, to bring this accusation today - knowing there was no way she could prove it and further knowing how hideous the process might become - isn't anything any female willingly subjects herself to. That is also the reason I've always believed Anita Hill. She didn't make any of that up. It was all true.

Fwiw, I was assaulted by a superior at my workplace about 15 years ago - no witnesses, of course. It wasn't quite as serious as what Ford experienced - groping, grabbing, but not attempting to rip off clothes. Of course, I was a lot older and shrugged it off. I told NO ONE except one co-worker and would NEVER report it because the trouble which would follow would be all out of proportion to the actual event

- which is what has now occurred to Christine Ford - all manner of repercussions all out of proportion to the actual event

Ford, because of her young age, was much more severely affected - although, imo, she remains immature if this event is still so indelibly imprinted she is compelled to bring all this trouble on herself and her family.

Old 10-04-2018, 07:57 PM

736 posts, read 353,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AleeGee View Post
Jojajn,
I watched the video, and he was not rude in my opinion. He was flabbergasted, and trying to convey to her the fact that being asked about blackout drinking, is as ridiculous as him asking her. He is nominated for a seat on the Supreme Court. He should not have to endure this. He has done nothing to warrant this treatment. I rather like his sass.
One more thing. Fords'witnesses amount to people she told, not actual witnesses. SHE HAS A PhD. HOW COULD SHE BE SO THICK? WHAT UNIVERSITY DID SHE EARN HER PhD? IT MAKES THAT SCHOOL LOOK VERY BAD.
That is correct. The FBI treated this investigation like a crime. The people she told aren't witnesses that can be used to verify her accusation, which is why the FBI didn't ask those people. An eyewitnesses that was at the party are the only people who can corroborate her story. Her lack of eyewitness at the party is why she hasn't gone to the police. The people she claims can corroborate her story can't be used in a courtroom as evidence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies