Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2018, 05:08 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
That is without a doubt the dumbest talking point in all of this mess.
No, it's not.

And that notwithstanding - Bart absolutely FAILED the second part of his interview.

Old 10-04-2018, 05:09 PM

11,558 posts, read 12,057,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
There's no 'presumed innocent' when it comes to a job interview.

I mean, the last time I had an interview and shouted at all the hiring managers, went on and ON about how much I loved beer; and finally just sullenly refused to answer a question - I didn't get the job.

Neither should Bart .
Who is Bart? Kavanaugh's first name is Brett.

The last time you had an interview were you slandered and were you, your family and career placed in jeopardy? Did you receive death threats? Did they bring in someone to state false accusations?

Old 10-04-2018, 05:12 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
Who is Bart? Kavanaugh's first name is Brett.

The last time you had an interview were you slandered and were you, your family and career placed in jeopardy? Did you receive death threats? Did they bring in someone to state false accusations?
Ask his good friend Mark Judge who Bart O'Kavanaugh is.

No, I didn't receive death threats. Ford did.

I didn't have someone testify falsely against me. Ford did.

And yet she managed NOT to have a tantrum worthy of a two year old that missed his nap.

Old 10-04-2018, 05:12 PM

1,885 posts, read 3,403,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
So the liberal extremists are protesting themselves?

They're the ones who, a week ago, called for an FBI investigation "limited in time and scope". Now they say that's a useless investigation?

You people need to get your stories straight. Or people will soon stop listening to you.

Oops, too late.

The usual far-left accusations. With the usual complete lack of proof or evidence.

Let me guess: "anonymous sources" told you these things, right? Or maybe you just made them up while brushing your teeth this morning. Pray tell.
You conveniently omitted this part:
Quote:
The parameters of the supplemental investigation were commissioned by the client - The White House.

Old 10-04-2018, 05:13 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,977,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
There's no 'presumed innocent' when it comes to a job interview.

I mean, the last time I had an interview and shouted at all the hiring managers, went on and ON about how much I loved beer; and finally just sullenly refused to answer a question - I didn't get the job.

Neither should Bart .

Once again (and as many times as I deem necessary), that hearing was NOT a "job interview"! the "interview" portion was OVER! That hearing was, IMO, a blatant attempt at "GUILTY until you prove you are innocent", a railroad job if there ever was one. Sure, it supposedly was an attempt to get at the truth, but we all knew it was an exercise in futility because neither side had any real proof. No evidence at all!
Again, IT WAS NOT A JOB INTERVIEW! It was a futile attempt to railroad a good man on the flimsiest of evidence: She said it happened; no witnesses, no evidence, no police report ever filed. If she had presented her testimony in front of a Grand Jury in D.C., she would have had to go West of the Mississippi to get away from the laughter!

By the way, who is "Bart"?

Old 10-04-2018, 05:17 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,488,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Amy Barrett would have definitely been more conservative on the Supreme Court. I think Kavanaugh has a very good chance of being like Kennedy, the swing vote.
Never. Thomas was angry and hardened by what he went through w/Anita Hill, who was certainly telling the truth, and become more dogmatically far right over the years. Not that he's contributed anything to the court. He is clearly the GOP's bow to diversity. Further, I've always believed he is a black man who wished he'd been born white. The chip on his shoulder and psyche is deep.

NEVER WILL KAVANAUGH BE IMPARTIAL.

He will be Thomas redux - only far more angry and active.

Remember what he said - "what goes around, comes around."

No, Kavanaugh will never be a swing vote. Never.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Retired Justice Stevens just came out publicly to voice his opposition to Kavanaugh's appointment to the SCOTUS! Stevens said Kavanaugh's behavior at the hearing is unacceptable for a Justice.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...t-be-confirmed
THANK YOU!!!!!!!

As I've repeatedly stated, a 36 y/o allegation should never have been made public - many teenagers and college kids are stupid - and shouldn't be made to pay for it their whole lives.

The process has been ugly.

That said, had this irrelevant allegation not been made public, we would never have learned of what Kavanugh is truly made.

Pettiness, entitlement, extreme r-wing bias. He will be a stooge for Trump and r-wing ideologues.

He is clearly not a big enough man of character or integrity to put this behind him.

Would that the Senators heed Justice Stevens' words.

Last edited by Ariadne22; 10-04-2018 at 05:55 PM..

3,563 posts, read 5,378,490 times
Default you've just guaranteed Trumps' re-election

Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
You are right. They will not forget that this metoo madness can ruin the lives of their fathers, brothers and sons.
When you pick your fight be careful. This idiocy is going to backfire, all right. On the Democrats. When you elevate to the highest level in the land a decades old accusation from someone obviously needing to see hr Psychiatrist, AGAIN, and has memory LAPSE, AGAIN, and back it up by third party hearsay and references to people that were never there, you pay.

No matter your political vent, if I was anyone slightly left of Dick Cheney I'd be scratching my head on what anyone with a law degree was thinking. And your sex doesn't matter.

The fight should have been long before this basket case, case. And it should have been called out long ago, IF we had any real "journalists' left in North America.

8,726 posts, read 7,414,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthDeKalb View Post
You conveniently omitted this part:
Yes, parameters, as in the focus of the investigation is on the accusation, not what he wrote in his yearbook for example, or if a witness did not pay their taxes.

Unlike the current Mueller investigation that has no parameters, and anything that comes up, gets investigated and charges if needed.

Old 10-04-2018, 05:20 PM
mlb

4,971 posts, read 4,453,265 times
It was a job interview. It allowed the world to see how off kilter and maniacal and partisan Kaveno is.

Even retired Justice Stevens thinks he's not appropriate for the court.

Oh look.... Fox News:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ret...ention-to-this

Old 10-04-2018, 05:20 PM

3,563 posts, read 5,378,490 times
Years ago in the early nineties before digital media really got going the State Of Washington aired this "Human Rights" complainant that SOMEHOW made it all the way to a televised State Capital hearing. She was quite obviously by then a complete whack job.

Have we come to the process meaning more than the evidence?? The use of the process as a "vehicle" to character assassinate? I have to 'splain this somehow to my kid, and I have a US poly sic. degree, and I'm reaching...…..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies