Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2018, 06:00 PM

1,718 posts, read 1,055,247 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
so have Democrats explained why they believe Ford yet?

Not rationally... no.

Old 10-04-2018, 06:06 PM
miu

17,767 posts, read 40,161,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Dear, I don't think you have paid any attention at all. Perhaps you need to go back and review the testimony.

Oh, and FYI - it's FAR more than 30% that believe Ford. Dear.
I disagree. If you are thinking that all women believe Ford, so that it's 50% of America believing her, then YOU'd better think again. I know a lot of women who think that Ford is either a liar or mentally impaired/confused about what might have happened to her 36 years ago.

And in this climate of SJW's and ill-behaved protesting liberals, most who don't believe Ford aren't going to say that publicly for fear of being attacked or shunned for their position.

And the real message that this should sent out to women is that if they are sexually attacked, don't wait 36 years to come forward to face their attacker. Collect physical evidence, find possible witnesses and press charges in a timely manner.

Last edited by miu; 10-04-2018 at 07:00 PM..

57,242 posts, read 26,182,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
I love the new and last worm of a twist from the losing dems: "Well, I guess Ford was wrong, but just look how badly he reacted when we called him a racist! He is too immature to be SCOTUS!" What sham this entire thing is. While I don't like a partisan SCOTUS, I would completely understand if he votes to hear the votes against every . . . single . . . big-ticket democrat issue and concern that reaches SCOTUS.
Who said Ford was wrong? Beyond Ford there are plenty of reasons not to appoint Kavanaugh, did he sound even handed in the largest hearing of his life, was he controlled and coherent. His resume stinks of partisan politics and he proved he is not capable of being impartial both at the hearing and while he worked for Ken Starr. This is the Federalist Societies guy, they picked him for a very good reason and nothing else really matters

Last edited by Goodnight; 10-04-2018 at 06:16 PM..

3,614 posts, read 1,735,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
The over $250,000 debt.
That is the yearly price of the Jefferson suite at Nationals Park, and it offers year-round access.

Old 10-04-2018, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
what? you are just a troll. Go read Mitchell's questions and her report. Even the FBI can't find 1 person that can back up her story and this is somehow Trump's fault?
They are all trolls and bots. Just keep reporting them to the admins.

Old 10-04-2018, 06:10 PM

57,242 posts, read 26,182,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
I disagree. If you are thinking that all women believe Ford, so that it's 50% of America believing her, then YOU'd better think again. I know a lot of women who think that Ford is either a liar or mentally impaired/confused about what might have happened to her 36 years ago.

And in this climate of SJW's and ill-behaved protesting liberals, most who don't believe Ford aren't going to say that publicly for fear of being attacked or shunned for their position.

And the real message that this should sent out to women is that if they are sexually attacked, don't wait 36 years to come forward to face their attacker. Collect physical evidence, find possibly witnesses and press charges in a timely manner.
We already know it doesn't quite work that way, plenty of women and children come forward decades later but that doesn't suit your current agenda. Maybe you should put yourself in the shoes of a teenager that was abused before telling them "what they should do".

Old 10-04-2018, 06:11 PM

1,487 posts, read 781,650 times
Dear, I don't think you have paid any attention at all. Perhaps you need to go back and review the testimony.

Oh, and FYI - it's FAR more than 30% that believe Ford. Dear.

I don't use words to be snide. It doesn't take much thought to be rude.
I say dear because I'm 56. Most people are younger than me. I am a senior citizen. When I'm looking for impact, I don't say creepy stuff like "dear". I bring out the big guns.
I don't appreciate being ridiculed by you. I've bern trying very hard not to use profanity. I have Tourette's, and three infractions. A little kindness would go a long way, and you're absolutely right: I don't have in-depth knowledge of this whole sordid affair. . Do I want to get caught up in this you- know-what- storm? I did listen to the hearings. I know what I heard. I come from an era where we had to rely on our senses, our instincts, and the situation at hand. We couldn't go running to the web to dig up dirt, or get a biased portrait from people with interests. I know what I heard.

Old 10-04-2018, 06:12 PM

Oh man, Steve Danes, Republican Senator will NOT be voting on Saturday. His daughter is getting married and he can not attend the vote for Kavanaugh.

Old 10-04-2018, 06:13 PM

3,072 posts, read 1,300,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
Oh man, Steve Danes, Republican Senator will NOT be voting on Saturday. His daughter is getting married and he can not attend the vote for Kavanaugh.
I’m surprised in the year 2018 they can’t report their vote over phone

Old 10-04-2018, 06:15 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,149,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post

And the real message that this should sent out to women is that if they are sexually attacked, don't wait 36 years to come forward to face their attacker. Collect physical evidence, find possibly witnesses and press charges in a timely manner.
Raises hand. I’ve had relatives falsely accused (our race makes us targets). But, even that aside, people lie or mistakes right after an event, it only makes sense they are just as likely, or even more so, to do the same 37 years later.

I also have sons. May God grant that some woman never decide to target them. If this can be done to a white man with a previously impeccable record and extensive legal background, my boys don’t have a chance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies