Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2018, 07:35 PM

2,359 posts, read 1,033,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post

I know you're not familiar with the statue of Lady Justice, where a blind folded woman is holding a set of scale; so let me explain to you why she is blind folded. It's a symbol that justice is blind - high crimes, petty crimes, rich people, poor people, crimes of deaths, crimes of rape; they are all going to be treated equally. It's what's we called, hmmm what do we call it? Oh yeah, AMERICAN VALUES.

I know the Right-wing and Republicans are not familiar with either justice or American values. So I'll give you a pass.

Yours is simply an abject failure of reasoning. Here's why:

Hillary Clinton was clearly guilty of criminal negligence in Benghazi, but skated because of her last name. She was guilty of felony offenses committed domestically also, of course, but we will set those aside for the sake of this discussion.

In stark, marked contrast, Brett Kavanaugh committed no crime whatsoever, insofar as the evidence shows.

Once you reconcile your wobbly, weak understanding to the inalterable reality, you can come back and explain to us all how you got it all so wrong.

Old 10-04-2018, 07:37 PM

8,494 posts, read 3,335,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
Dear, you obviously haven’t paid attention to the hearings, his name is Brett Kavanaugh. Maybe sobering up might help.
Are we back to the Brett and Bart thing? No bad ... this thread is so long that no one can be expected to do more than pop in.

Brett is Bart and Bart is Brett and that's the truth of it.

Old 10-04-2018, 07:38 PM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
I know you're not familiar with the statue of Lady Justice, where a blind folded woman is holding a set of scale; so let me explain to you why she is blind folded. It's a symbol that justice is blind - high crimes, petty crimes, rich people, poor people, crimes of deaths, crimes of rape; they are all going to be treated equally. It's what's we called, hmmm what do we call it? Oh yeah, AMERICAN VALUES.

I know the Right-wing and Republicans are not familiar with either justice or American values. So I'll give you a pass.

You call “Believe All Women!” American Justice? What we just saw was the very antithesis of what Lady Justice is supposed to stand for. How can you honestly believe a person whose own best friend said she didn’t recall any party like that, and had never met Kavanaugh, but somehow she must have just forgotten a tiny get-together where two of five people were upstairs with her best friend and then she leaves without telling her about it? I’d say that would be extremely memorable. Her friend was married to Bob Beckel, so we know she’s most likely highly political and into party politics. I’m sure she would have corroborated her account if she wasn’t afraid of being caught in a lie.

And for that matter, why did Dr. Ford not bite down as hard as she could on the hand covering her mouth if she thought he was inadvertently going to kill her? That’s primal instinct to bite down to protect yourself. And she never claimed to have done that. I never even thought about it until someone who actually had someone do that to them said that’s when she knew it couldn’t be the truth, because it had so obviously never occurred to her so she must not have been in that situation.

There are no witnesses to corroborate her story. Even for a “job interview” one would think you’d need more to prove allegations than we must believe women! Doesn’t matter if there is no date, no house, no witnesses, and ever changing stories and timelines from Dr. Ford. She couldn’t even meet the burden of proof for a civil suit, which is only if it’s likely to have occurred.

Please do us a favor and don’t bring Lady Justice into this, because it’s a shame. There was no justice here.

Old 10-04-2018, 07:39 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,746,538 times
Originally Posted by Grlzrl "But Hillary was given a free pass for all of her crimes?"

````````

Imaginary crimes don't count.

Sorry.

````````
Hillary's crime was being born.

Old 10-04-2018, 07:42 PM

25,576 posts, read 56,455,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
This I do not doubt. That Ford used Feinstein-recommended attorneys shows her political naive. Was it not made clear at the hearing that Ford apparently did not realize she could have testified from California? That certainly suggests the attorneys as well as the Democrats wanted the dog-and-pony show.
Yes, I agree with this. She was used - and conveniently not told about the California option.

Quote:
The Democrats and Ford are not one entity ... unless there is the supposition that one found the other and began working together.
The latter didn't happen. She became their pawn.

Quote:
Or Ford could be a megalomaniac with disorganized thinking obsessed with a mission who made the Democrats think they struck gold.
NO - not based on the history because she beganthe process long before Brett was nominated.

Quote:
Or Kavanaugh could be a 17yo who groped Ford one night.
This he did. I truly believe it happened exactly as she describes

But, it doesn't matter TODAY. He was a sex-obsessed immature 17 y/o - trying to be older than his years. I forgive him for that. I'm so old I barely remember being 15 - but I do know that even in my 20's I was pretty darn immature. I wouldn't today want to be held accountable for some of the stupid stuff I said and did then.

That said, he revealed at the hearing he still has a way to go in the immaturity department. We need better on the SC.

Old 10-04-2018, 07:45 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,734,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
The rape should not be the reason, but his temperament and demeanor - albeit inadvertently revealed - should be.
There was and is nothing wrong with his temperament and demeanor. He was falsely accused of rape. If he rolled over and died like the left wanted him to do I would have had a problem with it. Plus, he was given the highest marks and for his even temperament on the bench. He is more than qualified to serve. The Dems shot themselves in the head with their nonsense.

Old 10-04-2018, 07:46 PM

736 posts, read 353,209 times
As I expected. The FBI investigation was limited to the sexual accusation made by Ford. The investigation was not about Kavanaugh drinking habits in high school or college, accusation of lying under oath, or other accusation. If the Democrats wanted to investigated those claims, then the Democrats should have brought those points during his official hearings.

Until the Democrats provide physical evidence or eyewitnesses at the party that can corroborate her story, then their isn't any evidence that show any sexual misconduct on the part of Kavanaugh. The majority people that Ford claim can corroborate her story weren't at the party, like her husband or that mental doctor. Therefore aren't creditable. The people Ford claimed were at the party and can corroborate her story apparently don't' back her story. Therefore, there is a lack of evidence to verify her accusation. Worst yet, apparently Ford lied about her preparing her friend to take a polygraph test and has not real fear of flying according to her ex-boyfriend.

People on this thread making claims he should withdraw due to his temperament is an opinion, which will sway no senate republican. As for his drinking or lying under oath, if these claims were true the Democrats would have mentioned them during his hearings and republicans wouldn't have nominated Kavanaugh for a Supreme Court position.

I can't wait until the vote on Saturday. Those Democrats in republican states are in a hard place and a hard rock. I love it. They are in a lose lose situation no matter how they vote.

Last edited by NekoLogic; 10-04-2018 at 08:05 PM..

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
It wasn't an interview it was a grand inquisition. GWB proved the second part of your post correct and so has Trump.
Exactly; the process was allowed to get out of hand and it effectively subjected both of them to character assassination.

Whistle blowers of the world are re-thinking their survival rates. Qualified people for high position are saying "Holy crap! No way would I set myself up for that happening to me. I'll take a pass thank you."

No good came out of this whatsoever.

1,487 posts, read 781,364 times
Jojajn,
I watched the video, and he was not rude in my opinion. He was flabbergasted, and trying to convey to her the fact that being asked about blackout drinking, is as ridiculous as him asking her. He is nominated for a seat on the Supreme Court. He should not have to endure this. He has done nothing to warrant this treatment. I rather like his sass.
One more thing. Fords'witnesses amount to people she told, not actual witnesses. SHE HAS A PhD. HOW COULD SHE BE SO THICK? WHAT UNIVERSITY DID SHE EARN HER PhD? IT MAKES THAT SCHOOL LOOK VERY BAD.

Old 10-04-2018, 07:47 PM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
No. The FBI didn't have a free hand. Even the WH told you that.

Because they can only answer the questions they were asked in the time period allowed.

But they very real reason they didn't ~ is the because the WH didn't want to risk Kavanaugh lying again.
Ford was begging for the FBI to speak with her.
Why? So she could change her story yet again?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies