Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2018, 04:29 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,418,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxlrod View Post
Dems last week... "We demand an FBI investigation!"

Republicans... "Fine"

Dems this week... "This investigation is crap"

They only want to delay until after the election, they do not care about truth or anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
We all know it's a bunch of crap. The FBI pretty much had a free hand in doing the additional background checks.

Liberals want a Mueller type investigation that takes the next 12 months.
That is exactly what they wanted, but the real point was to have it pushed past the election.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Dems last week... We should have an FBI investigation so we have the facts.

Repubs.... Okay but only interview those without involvement and it can only last a few days.

Dems...That is no an investigation, it is a sham investigation.
They interviewed the named witnesses, not understanding what more you want. Ford and Kavanaugh have already stated everything they know about the incident, interviewing them would just be rehashing something they already spoke about and provided information on.

Old 10-04-2018, 04:30 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,089,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Only for informational purposes, which they did. 302s
No. They already testified. The FBI interviewed the relevant individuals who did not testify last Thursday.
That’s what I think too. Why interview Ford and Kavanaugh whom have already been interviewed by the committee and numerous attorneys and senators and testified. FBI wants to speak with people that weren’t a part of all the initial investigations or were just brushed aside or perhaps just gave written testimony. They were also looking for new people as well to shed some light on these allegations.

Old 10-04-2018, 04:32 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,240,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Let's See.

You equate......
  • Americans getting killed due to inaction by the Democrat Secretary of State in a unnecessary "War of Choice" started by those same war mongering Democrat politicians.
  • A slag's baseless accusations of being felt up where she has no proof, everyone saying it's not so, and being coached to take a lie detector test.
Now you know why nobody listens to the Left anymore.

I know you're not familiar with the statue of Lady Justice, where a blind folded woman is holding a set of scale; so let me explain to you why she is blind folded. It's a symbol that justice is blind - high crimes, petty crimes, rich people, poor people, crimes of deaths, crimes of rape; they are all going to be treated equally. It's what's we called, hmmm what do we call it? Oh yeah, AMERICAN VALUES.

I know the Right-wing and Republicans are not familiar with either justice or American values. So I'll give you a pass.

Old 10-04-2018, 04:33 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,418,936 times
There was not too much the FBI could do. Ford and Kavanaugh already gave their information. All named witnesses do not recall/could not corroborate the claim. The two other accusers and nut cases.

Old 10-04-2018, 04:35 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,654,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
You mean when he creepily went into a dressing room full of teenage girls changing clothes?

Oh wait--that was someone else, but they did let that pervert into the WH.
I didn't think that even you would give what Anthony Wiener did with that 2 year old a free pass. This only because he remains married to Hillary Clinton's closest advisor.

Old 10-04-2018, 04:35 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,544,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
We all know it's a bunch of crap. The FBI pretty much had a free hand in doing the additional background checks.

Liberals want a Mueller type investigation that takes the next 12 months.
No. The FBI didn't have a free hand. Even the WH told you that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaTwo View Post
That’s what I think too. Why interview Ford and Kavanaugh whom have already been interviewed by the committee and numerous attorneys and senators and testified. FBI wants to speak with people that weren’t a part of all the initial investigations or were just brushed aside or perhaps just gave written testimony. They were also looking for new people as well to shed some light on these allegations.
Because they can only answer the questions they were asked in the time period allowed.

But they very real reason they didn't ~ is the because the WH didn't want to risk Kavanaugh lying again.
Ford was begging for the FBI to speak with her.

Old 10-04-2018, 04:37 PM

1,487 posts, read 783,145 times
As retired Justice Stevens said, Kavanaugh should not be confirmed, he demonstrated he does not have the temperament.
Quote excerpted from quote: my reply

I think it's a breath of fresh air that he has temperament! He has passion, he's got zeal, and a zest for living. He's going to care about the issues coming before him. I like fire in a person. It shows me they are not completely jaded and blaise about life in general, and their profession specifically. This is the 21st century. We don't have to follow outdated protocols, as predicated to the public by a panel of The Walking Dead. I love his attitude. He showed personality and honesty if you will. A socio would have been completely calm, seldom blinking. He is DEFINITELY not cunning and Machaveillan.
I don't want another bowl of dry cereal. I want a spice burger!! (that's an Irish dish).
Oh, by the way, I'm a Democrat, sort of. My family has always been Dem, and always been about the best man for the job. My mom worked on Slade Gortons campaign back in the 70's when he first entered politics. My mom was impressed with him. I don't give a cahoot about party lines. It's the issues that matter, and a candidates, (or an incumbents' ) goals to address them. I'd really rather not have a party line at all. I want to be a No Party Party.

Go Fighting Irish!!!!

Be gosh and be golly!! What's all the hullabaloo???

Last edited by AleeGee; 10-04-2018 at 05:08 PM..

Old 10-04-2018, 04:37 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,835,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
They only want to delay until after the election, they do not care about truth or anything.

That is exactly what they wanted, but the real point was to have it pushed past the election.

They interviewed the named witnesses, not understanding what more you want. Ford and Kavanaugh have already stated everything they know about the incident, interviewing them would just be rehashing something they already spoke about and provided information on.
Five minutes at a time by different people does not cut an investigative interview.

Old 10-04-2018, 04:38 PM

18,741 posts, read 7,623,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthDeKalb View Post
No. They’re saying the scope of the investigation was relegated to specific witnesses that could only reaffirm the narrative supporting Kavanaugh’s innocence.
So the liberal extremists are protesting themselves?

They're the ones who, a week ago, called for an FBI investigation "limited in time and scope". Now they say that's a useless investigation?

You people need to get your stories straight. Or people will soon stop listening to you.

Oops, too late.

Quote:
And that additional witnesses named by Ford and Remerez were ducked by FBI investigators at the WH’s direction.
The usual far-left accusations. With the usual complete lack of proof or evidence.

Let me guess: "anonymous sources" told you these things, right? Or maybe you just made them up while brushing your teeth this morning. Pray tell.

Old 10-04-2018, 04:38 PM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
No. The FBI didn't have a free hand. Even the WH told you that.
Because of the bipartisan SJC's restrictions, as has already been explained.

https://www.judiciary.senate.gov/pre...iary-committee

Key word: CREDIBLE
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies