Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2018, 06:16 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,965,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
so have Democrats explained why they believe Ford yet?
I have several times dash. You don't want to accept my explanation as a logical one. There is no reason for Dr. Ford to make up allegations that would lead to such viscious criticism against her unless they were true. "Smear campaign against Republicans?" Please. With Trump at the helm, you guys do a great job making yourself look bad. You don't need any help from Democrats to do that.

Old 10-04-2018, 06:20 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,596,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
I disagree. If you are thinking that all women believe Ford, so that it's 50% of America believing her, then YOU'd better think again. I know a lot of women who think that Ford is either a liar or mentally impaired/confused about what might have happened to her 36 years ago.

And in this climate of SJW's and ill-behaved protesting liberals, most who don't believe Ford aren't going to say that publicly for fear of being attacked or shunned for their position.

And the real message that this should sent out to women is that if they are sexually attacked, don't wait 36 years to come forward to face their attacker. Collect physical evidence, find possibly witnesses and press charges in a timely manner.
30 percent is the good answer. Not every woman believes Ford; many don't. 30 percent of people are so politically biased that they baa baa at anything their party says. So, 30 percent believe Ford without evidence. 30 percent would believe Brett in the face of evidence. The rest of us can view this charade as it is and see zero evidence of wrongdoing and, in fact, contrary witness statements. Plus, Ford has lied about many things already like flying and training people to beat polygraph tests.

Old 10-04-2018, 06:20 PM

57,315 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
Oh man, Steve Danes, Republican Senator will NOT be voting on Saturday. His daughter is getting married and he can not attend the vote for Kavanaugh.
Why cant they hold the vote on Monday, why can't they allow the 100 senators time to review the FBI report.

This isn't a national emergency or a declaration of war.

Old 10-04-2018, 06:22 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,488,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
He clerked for Kennedy. Justice Kennedy felt safe to retire and probably hand picked his replacement. I think Kavanaugh is mature enough to make rulings based on laws and not pique.
No, he isn't. Not based on this:

Quote:
"This whole two-week effort has been a calculated and orchestrated political hit, fueled with apparent pent-up anger about President Trump and the 2016 election," Kavanaugh testified before the Senate Judiciary Committee. "Fear that has been unfairly stoked about my judicial record. Revenge on behalf of the Clintons. And millions of dollars in money from outside left-wing opposition groups. This is a circus."
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
I love the new and last worm of a twist from the losing dems: "Well, I guess Ford was wrong, but just look how badly he reacted when we called him a racist! He is too immature to be SCOTUS!" What sham this entire thing is. While I don't like a partisan SCOTUS, I would completely understand if he votes to hear the votes against every . . . single . . . big-ticket democrat issue and concern that reaches SCOTUS.
Some people are more mature and highly-evolved than others and, although this was a hideous process for him and his family, find the objectivity and maturity not to personalize partisan attacks to the point of assigning blame to left-wing conspirators, Clinton revenge, being snotty and disrespectful to the Senators who were using respectful and measured tones when querying him - and then top it all off by saying "what goes around comes around."

Kavanaugh isn't one of them. Nor was Clarence Thomas. Neither should be on the court.

Old 10-04-2018, 06:23 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,596,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Who said Ford was wrong? Beyond Ford there are plenty of reasons not to appoint Kavanaugh, did he sound even handed in the largest hearing of his life, was he controlled and coherent. His resume stinks of partisan politics and he proved he is not capable of being impartial both at the hearing and while he worked for Ken Starr. This is the Federalist Societies guy, they picked him for a very good reason and nothing else really matters
Even if true, it's nothing new and not a reason to accuse him of rape and then use that as an excuse not to seat him. Do you honestly think that Alito, Thomas, Soto-mayor, and Ginsberg are not rabidly partisan?

Old 10-04-2018, 06:27 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,273,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Why cant they hold the vote on Monday, why can't they allow the 100 senators time to review the FBI report.

This isn't a national emergency or a declaration of war.
MY Senator announced in an interview today that HE spent 3 hours reading the reports.
If he can do it, why can't the Leftist Democrats do it? Reading Problems?

What is the difference between Monday and Saturday or Sunday?
Answer ..... More Grandstanding time for Leftists who want to run for President and raise Campaign Funds,

The Normal People are FED-UP with this garbage.

Old 10-04-2018, 06:28 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,100,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
No, he isn't. Not based on this:

Some people are more mature and highly-evolved than others and, although this was a hideous process for him and his family, find the objectivity and maturity not to personalize partisan attacks to the point of assigning blame to left-wing conspirators, Clinton revenge, being snotty and disrespectful to the Senators who were using respectful and measured tones when querying him - and then top it all off by saying "what goes around comes around."

Kavanaugh isn't one of them. Nor was Clarence Thomas. Neither should be on the court.

They deserve to be on there far more than Ginsburg and Sotomayor

Old 10-04-2018, 06:29 PM

57,315 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Even if true, it's nothing new and not a reason to accuse him of rape and then use that as an excuse not to seat him. Do you honestly think that Alito, Thomas, Soto-mayor, and Ginsberg are not rabidly partisan?
They are left or right leaning but not rabidly partisan, although I disagreed with Scalia on some significant cases I thought he was fair and a good choice although I would have preferred someone more moderate.

Old 10-04-2018, 06:30 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,488,147 times
Quote:
The rape should not be the reason, but his temperament and demeanor - albeit inadvertently revealed - should be.

Quote:
Do you honestly think that Alito, Thomas, Soto-mayor, and Ginsberg are not rabidly partisan?
Of course, they are but not rabidly so - and do at times side with the other side. Further, Kennedy provided the swing vote on the court that tempered the ideology a bit.

Kavanaugh will never be a swing vote. He will be a dangerous addition.

We need a centrist court - not a l-leaning or r-leaning court.

Old 10-04-2018, 06:31 PM

7,083 posts, read 9,574,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Am I the only one feeling like I have been watching the Game of Throne for the past weeks?
More like House of Cards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies