Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2018, 10:29 AM

8,444 posts, read 4,783,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Actually, I composed it on the spot strictly out of my head while cooking up a breakfast of waffles, eggs and sausage.
With MSNBC or CNN on in the background I'm sure.

"No with Fox and Friends(or insert preferred right leaning media venue here) on actually. "

The scripts write themselves nowadays.

Old 10-02-2018, 10:31 AM

2,528 posts, read 1,664,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
Illogical comparison. Everybody closes their house door at night, unless they live in Mayberry.

Women shouldn't have to "close" their freedom to engage in society.
But this is not a perfect world. Women are weaker, they are vulnerable population, and need to be more cautious. It is what it is.

When I was young I did not lock the door. Now that I married, I do.

Old 10-02-2018, 10:31 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,663,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
It's like you cut and pasted this out of a talking points email. lol

you mean you can't rebut the poster's points so you pretend the poster was not capable of producing the post.....
You know the poster is correct. You know Kavanaugh is a hyper partisan ill tempered man.

there are now 30 documented lies Kavanaugh told under oath, even if only a 1/4 are real that alone is enough to disqualify anyone.

But Kavanaugh not only repeatedly lied to make himself look good, he also has numerous people stating he sexually assaulted them .

You guys have a big list of extremists to pick from surely a few of them are "clean" just pick one who did not rape, start bar fights etc...

Old 10-02-2018, 10:33 AM

8,444 posts, read 4,783,534 times
So the left is now conceding that they can't get Kavanaugh on the fake sex charges so they're going to try to get him on his demeanor in the face of those false accusations. You're apparently supposed to sit there poker faced while the left publically destroys your reputation with claims they can't back up. And now Flake is parroting their new talking point as well.

This system is broken folks, and the democrats broke it, under the inspiration of Saul Alinski.

Old 10-02-2018, 10:34 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,700,727 times
Quote:
With MSNBC or CNN on in the background I'm sure.

"No with Fox and Friends(or insert preferred right leaning media venue here) on actually. "

The scripts write themselves nowadays.
All I have is rabbit ears out here in the desert. I haven't seen CNN, FOX or MSNBC in at least 20 years since I moved.
Wrong again.

Perhaps, what is really happening is many, like myself, are independently coming to the same conclusion about Kavanaugh.

Old 10-02-2018, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
Are you telling me that Trump is the first President that ever lied? Seriously!!?? Yes, Trump is liar. But to say he started this trend is ridiculous. Ever hear the saying "How do you know a politician is lying", Answer: "His/her mouth is moving"?? I have heard that way before 2017.
NO,

you just made that up. I did not tell you Trump is the first POTUS to lie, but you are claiming that because my point was bang on target and crushed your post.

YOU tried to pretend Obama's failure to keep a promise is equivalent to Trump's endless and blatant lying.

Kavanaugh has been caught lying on various topics while under oath. Trump's normalization of lying does not make it OK to appoint a known liar to our highest court.

Old 10-02-2018, 10:36 AM

17,596 posts, read 9,376,819 times
Quote:
I always believed the 2nd accusers allegation that during a drinking game Kavanaugh may have pulled his pants down and exposed himself to her. Seems in line with many drinking games I participated in. I saw one to many penises I did not need to see lol I do not believe that in itself disqualifies him, however, if true that he was contacting his friends prior to the allegation coming out to see if they would back him up then he lied under oath. He said he did not know about the allegations until the New Yorker story. I have yet to see these texts to see if they prove he knew prior to when he said BUT if they do in fact prove that then he lied. Stupid too. Why lie if you knew you contacted many old friends?
Kavanaugh DID NOT lie about his drinking as he did say "sometimes he had too many beers" vague but admitting to drinking too much. Kavanaugh DID NOT lie about the drinking age. He never said he was 18 during his senior year summer he stated that some friends were so were legally able to obtain beer.
Not enough evidence to reject his nomination on Ford's allegation alone because too many holes and inconsistencies in her story. Swetnick is a whackjob. Her interview contradicts her sworn affidavit. She saw him "hanging around" the punch bowl. Please.
The New York Times couldn't find a single witness that Ramirez named in that accusation and they announced that as the reason they would not print the story. You will be happy to know that the Ramirez accusation is on the list that the FBI was specifically tasked to investigate.

You may be unhappy (Ramirez even more unhappy) that Senator Grassley has tasked the FBI to open Criminal Investigations into anyone who provided false information to the Judicial Committee and quoted the Statute for prosecution.

SEPTEMBER 29, 2018
Judiciary Committee Refers Potential False Statements for Criminal Investigation

Old 10-02-2018, 10:36 AM

2,818 posts, read 1,565,131 times
Quote:
Are you telling me that Trump is the first President that ever lied? Seriously!!?? Yes, Trump is liar. But to say he started this trend is ridiculous. Ever hear the saying "How do you know a politician is lying", Answer: "His/her mouth is moving"?? I have heard that way before 2017.
It's not just Trump's lying; it's his general debauched character, which includes his lies, his assault on women (most of whom he's paid off), his theft of people's money with his fake university, his ripping-off of people who worked for him, his refusal to even educate himself about the Constitution or even his job, etc. Even a cursory review of his long, sordid history would tell anyone who he really is. The list goes on: just ask the folks in NY, who've been watching "The Trump Show" for 40 years. It's mind-boggling that Republicans bought his I'm-for-the-little-guy crap. And they remain useful to him, so from time to time, he holds one of his little "rallies," where the faithful gather in hopes of touching his robes, and he spouts off more fear-mongering, race-baiting lies to keep them riled up, while he enjoys their obedient worship of him--and then he flies back to one of his many golf courses, satisfied that he's still got them in his pocket until he needs them again. Donald Trump is a con man, always has been, has just never conned on this scale before. There's a reason he couldn't carry New York--and it's not the "elites" who didn't vote for him, it was the common New Yorker who didn't vote for him, throughout the entire state, because they know him better than anyone.

Old 10-02-2018, 10:40 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,490,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
It's not just Trump's lying; it's his general debauched character, which includes his lies, his assault on women (most of whom he's paid off), his theft of people's money with his fake university, his ripping-off of people who worked for him, his refusal to even educate himself about the Constitution or even his job, etc. Even a cursory review of his long, sordid history would tell anyone who he really is. The list goes on: just ask the folks in NY, who've been watching "The Trump Show" for 40 years. It's mind-boggling that Republicans bought his I'm-for-the-little-guy crap. And they remain useful to him, so from time to time, he holds one of his little "rallies," where the faithful gather in hopes of touching his robes, and he spouts off more fear-mongering, race-baiting lies to keep them riled up, while he enjoys their obedient worship of him--and then he flies back to one of his many golf courses, satisfied that he's still got them in his pocket until he needs them again. Donald Trump is a con man, always has been, has just never conned on this scale before. There's a reason he couldn't carry New York--and it's not the "elites" who didn't vote for him, it was the common New Yorker who didn't vote for him, throughout the entire state, because they know him better than anyone.
New York didn't vote for Trump because they are majority nanny state liberal Democrats...……..had nothing to do with who Trump is or isn't.

Old 10-02-2018, 10:40 AM

Quote:
So the left is now conceding that they can't get Kavanaugh on the fake sex charges so they're going to try to get him on his demeanor in the face of those false accusations. You're apparently supposed to sit there poker faced while the left publically destroys your reputation with claims they can't back up. And now Flake is parroting their new talking point as well.

This system is broken folks, and the democrats broke it, under the inspiration of Saul Alinski.

NOPE.
that is YOUR claim.
WHat has happened is Kavanaugh exposed his true self on the stand, and you know it.

Thus we are simply adding temperament to the LIST of reasons he should not be appointed to our highest court.

sex crimes.

repeated lying under oath.

lack of self control/ poor temperament.

we could add, excessive drinking, bar fight, gambling debts...

but sex crimes, repeated perjuries , poor temperament are more than enough to disqualify ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies