Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2018, 08:02 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
If someone is too drunk to remember they are too drunk to consent.

And let’s be clear, that is the exact scenario Brock Turner used to describe what he did to Emily Doe. She was incoherent, black out drunk. She was unable to speak, she was unable to walk, and he claimed that despite his ability to speak, walk (run away), etc that he was just as drunk as she was and was therefore blameless when it came to assaulting her behind the dumpster.

Do you find Brock Turner to be blameless in the sexual assault of Emily Doe?
Unfortunately, this isn't known until after the fact.

I'm not talking about Brock Turner. She didn't black out - she was unconscious.

Old 10-05-2018, 08:03 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,742,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
It does not say "in general".

It asks a broad question and I gave some specifics. And those specifics DO matter.

Or don't you care about women who have bad things happen to them because they drank too much?
If two people are drunk and one murders the other. Is the dead drunk person at fault for being drunk? Does the drunk murder get a pass because they and their victim were drunk?

Old 10-05-2018, 08:08 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,886,302 times
Read some of the post one would think that all men are rapists and ll women have been raped.
It's a ****ty world always has been always will be. Why? Because some people don't give a damn about laws, rights or their fellow human beings.
You can lecture a sexual predator until the cows come home. That won't change the fact that they are deeply flawed.
What we can do is educate our children and teach them morals.

I know feminists hate the term buddy system. In the military it was required. It offered protection. In a perfect world no one would ever need any level of protection from anyone else. That isn't our world.

The one thing I hammered into my daughters. If you don't know the person don't accept a drink from them. That and they both started martial arts at 5 and I made them continue the training until they moved out. My house my rules. Yeah I know how sexist of me.
A dad can only do so much to prepare his children for a rough world. They are also very adept with firearms. They don't carry and neither do I, but it was fun teaching them.

They know danger lurks. They aren't paranoid but they are observant. That guy at work who ac ts like he wants to be their BFF? Yeah keep an eye on him, most guys aren't content to be the hot girl's BFF, they want more. The honest man asks for a date, he doesn't BFF to gather data.

My son. was taught to respect women. Every woman is someone's little sister, or mother, or auntie. That said I also taught him to be extremely defensive when dealing with women at work. They are not friends, they are co-workers. Keep it that way. Find a girl who doesn't work where you do. I worked in a factory for a long time. I have help to investigate far too many sexual harassment claims that boiled down to both people talking sex, joking around in appropriately, until 1 wasn't in the mood. Over 3 billion women on the planet. Pick one who isn't married and who doesn't work with you.

If the woman is a heavy drinker or her personality changes as she gets drunk? Move on, find another.

Old 10-05-2018, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Unfortunately, this isn't known until after the fact.

I'm not talking about Brock Turner. She didn't black out - she was unconscious.
Your bar is consciousness? She was absolutely conscious when they left the party, when she left incoherent and unintelligible messages to her family members. If he had sexually assaulted her at that point but before she lost consciousness that would be fine with you?

Old 10-05-2018, 08:10 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,886,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
If two people are drunk and one murders the other. Is the dead drunk person at fault for being drunk? Does the drunk murder get a pass because they and their victim were drunk?
That all; depends. Did the murdered drunk attack the other drunk first? Did the dead drunk pull a knife and threaten the alive drunk?
Whose fault it is that either was drunk is not relevant.
That said the left has always given Ted Kennedy a free pass.

Old 10-05-2018, 08:11 PM

13,427 posts, read 9,960,461 times
Quote:
It does not say "in general".

It asks a broad question and I gave some specifics. And those specifics DO matter.

Or don't you care about women who have bad things happen to them because they drank too much?
Bad things didn't happen to them because they drank too much. It happened to them because someone decided to do bad things to them.

Many many people drink too much. Being drunk is not an invitation for others to do bad things to them.

It's not against the law to be drunk (unless you're driving or causing a public disturbance). It is against the law to assault people, drunk or otherwise.

Old 10-05-2018, 08:13 PM

7,759 posts, read 3,889,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
The one thing I hammered into my daughters. If you don't know the person don't accept a drink from them. That and they both started martial arts at 5 and I made them continue the training until they moved out. My house my rules. Yeah I know how sexist of me.
A dad can only do so much to prepare his children for a rough world. They are also very adept with firearms. They don't carry and neither do I, but it was fun teaching them.

They know danger lurks. They aren't paranoid but they are observant. That guy at work who ac ts like he wants to be their BFF? Yeah keep an eye on him, most guys aren't content to be the hot girl's BFF, they want more. The honest man asks for a date, he doesn't BFF to gather data.

My son. was taught to respect women. Every woman is someone's little sister, or mother, or auntie. That said I also taught him to be extremely defensive when dealing with women at work. They are not friends, they are co-workers. Keep it that way. Find a girl who doesn't work where you do. I worked in a factory for a long time. I have help to investigate far too many sexual harassment claims that boiled down to both people talking sex, joking around in appropriately, until 1 wasn't in the mood. Over 3 billion women on the planet. Pick one who isn't married and who doesn't work with you.

If the woman is a heavy drinker or her personality changes as she gets drunk? Move on, find another.
According to young harpies you are the Patriarchy, stop oppressing your daughters they should be able to live a life free of worry without having to learn Martial Arts or be wary of strangers (despite the fact that as a Man I was raised to have the same level of vigilance)

Old 10-05-2018, 08:16 PM

2,949 posts, read 1,356,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Why do men rape? Why do men kill? Why do men steal? Why do men fight?

Why do women kill? Or steal? Or fight? Or in some cases even rape?

Men weren't taught to rape. And the men who do rape, hide it from everyone, and lie about it when confronted. They don't go home and brag to their friends and family.

Every man who rapes already knows it is wrong to rape, and yet he still does it. Why?

This isn't a problem of education, it is a problem of humanity. You don't have to be taught to kill, to kill. You don't have to be taught to rape, to rape. You don't have to be taught to steal, to steal. You don't have to be taught to lie, to lie.

These are natural human impulses, and they are still there even in the best men.

These things aren't taught, they are suppressed. Either by guilt, or shame, or fear of punishment.

And what is the #1 fantasy for women? Rape. Why?

You are trying to defeat human nature by complaining about it. And you will always lose.
Said a man.

Old 10-05-2018, 08:18 PM

13,427 posts, read 9,960,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
According to young harpies you are the Patriarchy, stop oppressing your daughters they should be able to live a life free of worry without having to learn Martial Arts or be wary of strangers (despite the fact that as a Man I was raised to have the same level of vigilance)
There's nothing wrong with martial arts, and we are teaching our 11 year old daughter how to defend herself if she's attacked.

What we are not doing is asking her to stop participating in normal everyday society because some men can't control themselves.

We are happy to teach her how to beat the crap out of those that cross the boundary. That's a reasonable precaution. Wearing a burka and staying home after 5pm isn't.

Old 10-05-2018, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
That all; depends. Did the murdered drunk attack the other drunk first? Did the dead drunk pull a knife and threaten the alive drunk?
Whose fault it is that either was drunk is not relevant.
That said the left has always given Ted Kennedy a free pass.
Murder is not self defense, which is what you are describing and not what was asked.

Person 1 is drunk, picks up a brick and kills person 2 who is also drunk. Is person 2 to blame for their own death? Does their being drunk make them culpable in heir being attacked? Is person 1 blameless because they were drunk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies