Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2018, 09:30 PM

3,255 posts, read 1,733,241 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Grasshopper View Post
Ya know, if people think there is going to be a backlash against women, I say bring it on. I would rather have the young women I care about fighting against the glass ceiling or job discrimination than have them constantly having to fend off sexual harassment and violence. Why? Because discrimination can be fought in the courts, and sexual intimidation seldom can. Believe it or not, men are not entitled to rule over women, either in the work place or on the street, or where ever. All people should treat all other people with respect, regardless of gender. People should be judged by their character, their work ethic, and the intelligent use of their talents. The pendulum always swings. Right now, the "me too" movement may have some men scared, but they have to remember that women have had to be scared for generations. I know, its hard to adjust, and confusing because you are not sure how to act as an equal. But eventually, we all will learn. It is a learning curve for both men and women, but I look forward to the time when all of us can treat males and females as equals and cooperative participants in society.
Ok great, now where are people white knighting me when I have to deal with my heated battles of control or power during a run of marginalization? And my learning and social disabilities are not my sole cause, there has always been another contribution to it one way or the other

Old 10-04-2018, 09:31 PM

Man is like you all really want sexism to ignite even more.

Old 10-04-2018, 09:43 PM

20,549 posts, read 17,816,391 times
#Metoo has done more damage to liberals than to conservatives or independents. Liberal hollywood has paid out millions. This is the movement the liberals started now enjoy.

Old 10-04-2018, 09:49 PM

6,612 posts, read 3,694,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
Feminism is radical? Maybe in the late '60's or '70's, but...gee, if the women's movement and having rights had not been downplayed, pushed aside and resisted for years, equality and positive change would have been second nature by now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Coming up with all sorts of crazy self-contradictory gender-bender theories and trying to shove them down people's throats isn't progress and it will never be second nature since no one except chubby green-haired lesbians working on their masters in gender studies believes that crap anyway.

Wow. This is..... well, this is just an indicator of what you were raised with. An example of why a struggle in this country even exists. Good luck with that.

https://youtu.be/EjrDVPpAK6I

Last edited by In2itive_1; 10-04-2018 at 10:12 PM.. Reason: Addition

Old 10-04-2018, 09:56 PM

3,092 posts, read 1,955,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Yes, this is not the first rodeo for women. Men pushed back when women wanted the vote and when Feminism took off in the 60!s and 70’s. Men then said exactly what they are saying now. All groups who have pushed back in the white male power structure have experienced backlash. The formation of the KKK was white male backlash. Thank God there are people brave enough to lead the way for the rest of us. We are okay with the consequences of speaking up, whatever they may be.
I find it completely unseemly and tasteless that you or anyone else would bring race into this discussion....ESPECIALLY because minority men suffer inordinately from the modern day system of female privilege and male oppression.

Old 10-04-2018, 10:01 PM

51,228 posts, read 36,904,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciano700 View Post
Fine, see this book at Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/White-Womens-.../dp/0195124669

If you gonna just reply "But that's white feminism", well this is how you know feminism then doesn't actually give a **** about women of color, let alone women in general... Nothing more than just another hijacked movement...

Come on now, do you want to keep acting like a victim? Or do you want to enjoy life? Try to use hardship as a way to learn how to strengthen yourself as a person.
This isn’t about acting like a victim. It’s the opposite. The many many many women now talking to each other and being empowered to tell their own experiences, it is empowerment, not victim hood. Even my fiancé told me about an incident from his own early childhood. The floodgates have opened for millions of women and men who have been molested in some way and held it in all those years. It affects you and who you become. I asked my fiancé, how he would feel if that guy who molested you was up for the Supreme Court, would you be brave enough to tell your secret? These women are not victims any longer, they have taken back their own power from the person whose secret they kept all those years.

Old 10-04-2018, 10:17 PM

Quote:
This isn’t about acting like a victim. It’s the opposite. The many many many women now talking to each other and being empowered to tell their own experiences, it is empowerment, not victim hood. Even my fiancé told me about an incident from his own early childhood. The floodgates have opened for millions of women and men who have been molested in some way and held it in all those years. It affects you and who you become. I asked my fiancé, how he would feel if that guy who molested you was up for the Supreme Court, would you be brave enough to tell your secret? These women are not victims any longer, they have taken back their own power from the person whose secret they kept all those years.
First off, take the garbagey word "empowerment", you're speaking out, big difference...

2nd, if you legitmately cared again then you would be speaking out against liberals and men of other cultures as well, this is once again all about power, POWER of ownership...

I will confess to something and this is something I usually don't share with people, not because of fear of emasculation, because I would feel very uncomfortable... I was molested as a kid as well, I literally was, and beg to wonder why I got sexual feelings as early as the age of 5... There is a big bag of explanation I don't even want to go into detail...

This isn't my sole hardship of course, however the problem is I can't have activism on myself because my causes are not trumpeted or romanticized, this is the big problem with social issues, is always about the idenity and not the main motivation...

I been trying to fight my submissive attitude that has been brought on me that had been caused by all my hardships and obstacles, sure my life could have been worse and I am glad to at least be alive...

Old 10-04-2018, 10:59 PM

6,612 posts, read 3,694,103 times
Quote:
I don’t think any one of these women hate men.
No, they don't. Somewhere along the line, the impression of a woman being equal, possessing strength and terms such as Feminism had devolved into some negative references by some. It became an attitude by some men to believe (and teach others) that women standing for equality, must be "male-like", "man-haters", etc. WTH? What is all the FEAR about?

Though some evolvement has occurred, there have existed limitations or setbacks which persist today, not being helped by the current political leadership. Many men, REAL men, totally get it and stand by females to have any positive change remain and evolve. This does not change what has always existed for postive heterosexual male and female relationships and never will, but strengthens rights for women, again, something that real men are not threatened by and all would benefit from. Many intelligent and evolved adults want to have a society fully embracing fairness and equality for all races and LGBT individuals, besides. That is the America that Americans want and appreciate. That is the America many are trying to hang on to.

Again, there is too much unwarranted fear by some having apparently been raised with limited, backwoods or outmoded notions, believing and insisting that this is life.. well, I'm sorry that happened to you, but many are going to have to ultimately "get with the program" and relearn a few things if you want to get along and get by in life. Change is coming.

Old 10-04-2018, 11:03 PM

Quote:
No, they don't. Somewhere along the line, the impression of a woman being equal, possessing strength and terms such as Feminism had devolved into some negative references by some. It became an attitude by some men to believe (and teach others) that women standing for equality, must be "male-like", "man-haters", etc. WTH? What is all the FEAR about?

Though some evolvement has occurred, there have existed limitations or setbacks which persist today, not being helped by the current political leadership. Many men, REAL men, totally get it and stand by females to have any positive change remain and evolve. This does not change what has always existed for postive heterosexual male and female relationships and never will, but strengthens rights for women, again, something that real men are not threatened by and all would benefit from. Many intelligent and evolved adults want to have a society fully embracing fairness and equality for all races and LGBT individuals, besides. That is the America that Americans want and appreciate. That is the America many are trying to hang on to.

Again, there is too much unwarranted fear by some having apparently been raised with limited, backwoods or outmoded notions, believing and insisting that this is life.. well, I'm sorry that happened to you, but many are going to have to ultimately "get with the program" and relearn a few things if you want to get along and get by in life. Change is coming.
We are all EQUAL UNDER THE DAMN LAW, what rights DO YOU STILL NEED TO FIGHT FOR?

Old 10-04-2018, 11:04 PM

3,092 posts, read 1,955,765 times
Quote:

Problem is, in modern day society we don't have equality, we have female privilege and oppression against men. This is proven by the family court system, the judicial system, the suicide rate, the life expectancy rate, the incarceration rate, the heavily skewed way in which women receive social services relative to men.

Womens rights in our society do not need to be strengthened, men's do.

And any man that does live their life in fear (or at least, concern) of being falsely accused is believing and acting foolishly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies