Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2018, 12:30 AM

3,255 posts, read 1,727,834 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
You keep assuming and assigning beliefs and notions to me that I am not stating and don't hold, nor do the vast majority of feminists. It doesn't exactly make your posts look reasonable. Very few want men to go away or somehow become second class.

Thanos was just a basic quick quip, you're overthinking that.

If either gender completely died out somehow, the species would likely end in time (though it's possible parthenogenesis could kick in for women...not likely, but possible), ok? But I am pretty darn sure that either gender would at least try to figure things out should that happen.
And why are you hyped up about women? Maybe men could also have the headstart, wouldn't you rather be born into being a male? No pregnancy, no menopause, no going through periods

Old 10-06-2018, 12:32 AM

Quote:
You keep assuming and assigning beliefs and notions to me that I am not stating and don't hold, nor do the vast majority of feminists. It doesn't exactly make your posts look reasonable. Very few want men to go away or somehow become second class.

Thanos was just a basic quick quip, you're overthinking that.

If either gender completely died out somehow, the species would likely end in time (though it's possible parthenogenesis could kick in for women...not likely, but possible), ok? But I am pretty darn sure that either gender would at least try to figure things out should that happen.
You say the majority of feminists, but dont realize that's still in the agenda of the movement...

Of course I think we can all agree feminism is a spectrum of it's own...

Old 10-06-2018, 12:33 AM

5,316 posts, read 2,122,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciano700 View Post
And why are you hyped up about women? Maybe men could also have the headstart, wouldn't you rather be born into being a male? No pregnancy, no menopause, no going through periods
Um, do you know how forums and topics work? This topic is about women. It is not surprising that a lot of the focus would be on women. I am also responding to the specific ideas you are putting out.

Pregnancy is actually pretty cool. It's trippy fun when they move.

Old 10-06-2018, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Grasshopper View Post
I don't really understand what you are trying to say. If it is about disability rights, that isn't the topic of this thread, so I didn't address that. If you are saying that people with disabilities also need to be regarded as equals, I agree.
Well I have supposedly "male privilege" and so there is no other way I can use a collectivist empowerment quota, hence why I use my disabilities as my principal obstacle in this case.

Old 10-06-2018, 12:36 AM

5,316 posts, read 2,122,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciano700 View Post
You say the majority of feminists, but dont realize that's still in the agenda of the movement...

Of course I think we can all agree feminism is a spectrum of it's own...
There are all sorts of flavors and versions of "feminism". People tend to think of the most extreme kinds and assign their beliefs to all feminists. It would be like saying all conservatives are in the KKK or something.

Old 10-06-2018, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Um, do you know how forums and topics work? This topic is about women. It is not surprising that a lot of the focus would be on women. I am also responding to the specific ideas you are putting out.

Pregnancy is actually pretty cool. It's trippy fun when they move.
It might be about women, but it's also about gender politics, right???

Okay ma'am, if you can handle it alright, though I totally don't imagine the majority of women feeling the same way for sure...

Old 10-06-2018, 12:42 AM

Quote:
There are all sorts of flavors and versions of "feminism". People tend to think of the most extreme kinds and assign their beliefs to all feminists. It would be like saying all conservatives are in the KKK or something.
Because the term wasn't even intended to be used for equality, it was just to revolutionize gender roles

Old 10-06-2018, 03:35 AM

3,536 posts, read 1,715,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
There is going to be a backlash all right, but it's going to go the other way. Women compromise more than 50% of the population. Our days of sitting down, shutting up, and allowing men to get away with whatever they please is over.

We're in the 21st Century now. It's a new era. Get used to it.

Old 10-06-2018, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevxu View Post
Just to clear the air, and muddy the water to begin with - I am a man.

The "new era" will be the same old bull**** joke if people do not learn to open their mouths to the cops and say RAPE when it happens and not put it in a goddamned time capsule.

I don't know which kind of backlash there might be - and for the purposes of my posting it really doesn't matter a rat's rump. But without some basic changes in how we have in the past quietly stigmatized victims of sexual violence, even as we sympathized with them, the ongoing mess is going to continue. While that attitude may have already changed a lot, it is still - I think - very far from dead: we tend to see victims of rape and sexual abuse - and I mean all of them (women, men & children) - as "damaged goods."

Oh, no, no, no not their fault, of course not!....but, still.....well, you know s/he was, you know.... The whispers, the gossip, the stories that get handed down for years how "poor" so-and-so got to be soiled merchandise, etc. etc. etc.

A very big and very bad side effect has been to make victims ashamed of themselves. They want crime - the shame - buried, forgotten, etc. And this has meant that victims too often (the majority of the time) say nothing about their experience at the time it happened. This means that a crime goes unreported, a perpetrator escapes justice. And if and when there comes a time ten, twenty or thirty years later when the victim makes a public allegation, the reaction is very likely to be disbelief.

And the result is the stinking mess that we have now about sexual abuse. And it is a stinking mess not just when the alleged victim is a woman, but also when it is men and even children.

Sure attitudes toward using other people as sexual toys at will regardless of sex or age have to change. But what also must change as well is the attitude of victims. Indeed, it is the 21st century as the quoted poster above said, and women ( and men and the families of children) must report these crimes AT THE TIME THEY HAPPEN, and not bury them for decades.

The days of sitting down and shutting up should be over for sure! But I think our society - or some active part of it - is going to have to launch a massive education campaign to change victim attitude. There are enough financially successful women (and men) on #MeToo to launch this kind of effort....sheesh, Oprah is Big Bucks Inc., she could start the ball rolling herself.

"Our days of sitting down, shutting up, and allowing men to get away with whatever they please is over"

But they are NOT going to be over with victims buttoning their lips for decades! It should be call the cops, call the cops and call 'em now! Rapists hide behind victims who hide and then they rape again.

People should be educated to feel and believe that everyone's day of sitting down and shutting up after being the victim of a sexual crime is over. People should have the smarts to contact the police immediately....before evidence vanishes, witnesses die or lose their courage and before it becomes not rape or sexual assault but a dumb ass game of she-said-he-said, who-said-who-cares.
Great post. The things done in secret will continue to be exposed in the light of day. The war is not over. And there is a war for justice and truth and righteousness going on. The low-life people who think they are entitled to get away with rape and murder will be brought down.

Old 10-06-2018, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
#Metoo has done more damage to liberals than to conservatives or independents. Liberal hollywood has paid out millions. This is the movement the liberals started now enjoy.
I completely disagree. The #MeToo movement has brought down quite a large number of powerful, sexually abusive men. I think that is called a success.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies