Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2018, 07:34 PM

50,730 posts, read 36,447,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevxu View Post
Okay, I had three incidents where I was used against my will - two were serious attempts that I foisted off physically. My point is this: at one point in the future ten years later I brought up the first one and was not believed...but had I brought it up at the time (early50's) I would have had the crap beaten out of me. I do understand you, and this is exactly the mindset that must be aggressively removed from the culture.

That was then. 21st century now. If this societal trend is not reversed then it will continue that many of the women (and men) in #Metoo or Dr. Ford will just be s nigged at as publicity seeking nutters and nothing will change.

I am not disagreeing with you (I don't think), but this is what must change. Victims must be encouraged to come forward, go to the police and demand legal attention at the time of the rape. Again I will say it...and surely the experience of many in #metoo proves it: Rapists hide behind the silence of their victims and come out to rape again.

Our culture must change this pattern, or victims of sexual assault become little more than human toilet paper.
I agree with you, I was just saying what stood in the way of that in the past. For women, self-esteem and the “she was asking for it” culture has to change and women have to know their value. I still see on forums people bringing up how a woman was dressed in discussions about rape. Both men and women need to be believed. For men there is the additional (I think) shame and embarrassment because it’s usually from another male. I think we are on the way now. It really needs to start with kids, and we are now doing a good job of “no one is allowed to touch you ever” vs “you must do what (your teacher, the priest, etc) tells you.

So we’re getting there, but as you can see by some of the idiotic comments on this thread, we still have a ways to go.

Old 10-05-2018, 07:57 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,735,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciano700 View Post
Or like I been saying, completely obsolete and useless.

Artificial wombs, get in here.
Why stop there. Just have female babies and you can eliminate the entire male species

Old 10-05-2018, 10:33 PM

3,255 posts, read 1,718,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
Why stop there. Just have female babies and you can eliminate the entire male species
Why stop there, have society collapse when electricians and construction workers are gone

Don't try to reply back there, because most women are still a low number in construction and electric, even if they were put a gun to their face.

Old 10-05-2018, 11:26 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,112,194 times
Quote:
Why stop there, have society collapse when electricians and construction workers are gone

Don't try to reply back there, because most women are still a low number in construction and electric, even if they were put a gun to their face.
Yeah, because of course we're all too stupid to figure out stuff like this, right? We never worked in factories while men were away, or pushed handcarts as pioneers when needed, or all sorts of things. No, it would be game over simply because there were no dudes.

Of course I have no designs on getting rid of men whatsoever, but severely roll my eyes at the assertions that civilization would be doomed simply because of our gender.

Old 10-05-2018, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
Yeah, because of course we're all too stupid to figure out stuff like this, right? We never worked in factories while men were away, or pushed handcarts as pioneers when needed, or all sorts of things. No, it would be game over simply because there were no dudes.

Of course I have no designs on getting rid of men whatsoever, but severely roll my eyes at the assertions that civilization would be doomed simply because of our gender.
Oh yeah? Who the hell is gonna protect you? Who the hell are you gonna have intimate time with? Who the hell is gonna help you pay extra bills and other things you could be struggling with????

Also, that is funny. Most women still are usually just skimping around malls and parks while THE MEN do the work... Yeah exactly

Look I dont want to keep on attacking the use of the female gender, just don't attack the male gender and we are good

Why not just get rid of gender from our gene pool altogether??? At least gender marketing no longer will have to be an issue for companies...

Old 10-05-2018, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I agree with you, I was just saying what stood in the way of that in the past. For women, self-esteem and the “she was asking for it” culture has to change and women have to know their value. I still see on forums people bringing up how a woman was dressed in discussions about rape. Both men and women need to be believed. For men there is the additional (I think) shame and embarrassment because it’s usually from another male. I think we are on the way now. It really needs to start with kids, and we are now doing a good job of “no one is allowed to touch you ever” vs “you must do what (your teacher, the priest, etc) tells you.

So we’re getting there, but as you can see by some of the idiotic comments on this thread, we still have a ways to go.
Hmm can you refer to the "iditoic" comments you're talking about? I will give you an hour to response

Old 10-06-2018, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Oh yeah? Who the hell is gonna protect you? Who the hell are you gonna have intimate time with? Who the hell is gonna help you pay extra bills and other things you could be struggling with????

Also, that is funny. Most women still are usually just skimping around malls and parks while THE MEN do the work... Yeah exactly

Look I dont want to keep on attacking the use of the female gender, just don't attack the male gender and we are good

Why not just get rid of gender from our gene pool altogether??? At least gender marketing no longer will have to be an issue for companies...
You're the one who made the apocalypse scenario where all the men somehow went away. I had no such designs, just responding to the nonsense notion that women couldn't do a damn thing if that happened.

I do know how to make money, grow food, use tools, raise animals, fish, and all sorts of skills. While it would suck if Thanos snaps his fingers and made all the men go away, then I would just have to adjust and go forward with the new reality and so would a lot of women.

Old 10-06-2018, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
You're the one who made the apocalypse scenario where all the men somehow went away. I had no such designs, just responding to the nonsense notion that women couldn't do a damn thing if that happened.

I do know how to make money, grow food, use tools, raise animals, fish, and all sorts of skills. While it would suck if Thanos snaps his fingers and made all the men go away, then I would just have to adjust and go forward with the new reality and so would a lot of women.
Yeah and I bet my ass a hundred dollars suicide rates would increase to the max

Also, Thanos would want an "all-male" dominated world, you should have used Vickie from FOP as a better example...

It would though, you women would literally die without us men no matter how much the feminist agenda tells you...

If you dealt with misogyny before, then I will show sympathy and say I feel sorry, but don't ditch all men just because of some misogyny... Do I hate neurotypicals too the max? Or white people? Or people with more social acceptance around them(As in popular kids in high school and winners)

No, I try to just continue my life, empower myself as a person and just get to my vicious cycles of wildness *shrugs

The post feminist consequences are just gonna hit y'all harder if you go onto making the world "female-exclusive", bragging about it as if you're really going to be alive by then(I am going to assume you're 39)

Old 10-06-2018, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Yeah and I bet my ass a hundred dollars suicide rates would increase to the max

Also, Thanos would want an "all-male" dominated world, you should have used Vickie from FOP as a better example...

It would though, you women would literally die without us men no matter how much the feminist agenda tells you...

If you dealt with misogyny before, then I will show sympathy and say I feel sorry, but don't ditch all men just because of some misogyny... Do I hate neurotypicals too the max? Or white people? Or people with more social acceptance around them(As in popular kids in high school and winners)

No, I try to just continue my life, empower myself as a person and just get to my vicious cycles of wildness *shrugs

The post feminist consequences are just gonna hit y'all harder if you go onto making the world "female-exclusive", bragging about it as if you're really going to be alive by then(I am going to assume you're 39)
You keep assuming and assigning beliefs and notions to me that I am not stating and don't hold, nor do the vast majority of feminists. It doesn't exactly make your posts look reasonable. Very few want men to go away or somehow become second class.

Thanos was just a basic quick quip, you're overthinking that.

If either gender completely died out somehow, the species would likely end in time (though it's possible parthenogenesis could kick in for women...not likely, but possible), ok? But I am pretty darn sure that either gender would at least try to figure things out should that happen.

Old 10-06-2018, 12:29 AM

4,710 posts, read 7,099,830 times
Quote:
Ok great, now where are people white knighting me when I have to deal with my heated battles of control or power during a run of marginalization? And my learning and social disabilities are not my sole cause, there has always been another contribution to it one way or the other
I don't really understand what you are trying to say. If it is about disability rights, that isn't the topic of this thread, so I didn't address that. If you are saying that people with disabilities also need to be regarded as equals, I agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies