Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2018, 04:39 AM

341 posts, read 302,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Excellent article here that sums up how I feel about Trump. Trumpism is about anger and hate of reactionary social conservatives and rejoicing in the suffering of the people they hate. To them this is payback. This is a show of white Christian power in this country that will go down in the history books. Our system of government is really being put to the test.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...-point/572104/
Referencing a biased, race baiting "news" organization to support your biased views. No problem there!

I've noticed in the past few years how peaceful AntiFa and BLM are. Not reactionary, full of hate and destruction at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2018, 04:43 AM

59,089 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
The cycle of life: diapers to diapers, childishness to childishness. And given the cycle of life I would put Trump at the age of 18 going on 17! Never mind he's a Gemini and Gemini is dubbed the Eternal Teenager.

If you think the dems , especially the ones on the judiciary committee and chicky shumer and pelosi have been acting like adults, I TRULY feel sorry for you

Old 10-05-2018, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
Yep. Deflection. They're still chanting "lock her up" when Trump is likely guilty of hundreds of millions of dollars worth of tax fraud. The New York Times doesn't publish things like that without checking their facts first.

The thing I don't understand is the whole illegal immigration issue. The rich people who back the Republicans to keep taxes low want lots of illegals to have a cheap labor force. Who is going to pick their lettuce? Who is going to mow their lawn or clean their toilets? Those aren't jobs American citizens want.
" They're still chanting "lock her up" when Trump is likely guilty of"

There IS A difference. We KNOW hilary broke MULTIPLE laws in the handling of her classified materiel

Your OWN comment, "IS LIKELY GUILTY" Where is your PROOF? You and yours CONSTANTLY make accusations WITHOUT providing 1 single piece of evidence.

The alphabet media puts these things in your minds and to suck it up like a sponge.

You are acting just like the rest if the dems, GUILTY until PROVEN INNOCENT which is the EXACT OPPOSITE of how we do things in America and as we are seeing with the Kav situation.

"The rich people who back the Republicans to keep taxes low want lots of illegals to have a cheap labor force"

Do you work for CNN.

Your IGNORANCE on the subject is ASTOUNDING.

Why don't YOU look into nancy pelosi's husband and diane fiensrtein's husbands if you want to see "rich" who employ "lots of illegals to have a cheap labor force"

You and many like you think ONLY repubs re rich business people.

Public education on display.

Old 10-05-2018, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
I agree with you. I'll also agree that there are a small number of Trump supporters that do hate "others". The OP has some issues with Christianity, though, and can't seem to understand that not everyone who voted for Trump is an evangelical with a hatred of gays.

OP, Independents voted for Trump. Democrats voted for Trump. Unaffiliated voters voted for Trump. The reasons are varied and complicated. You should maybe seek some counseling.
" I'll also agree that there are a small number of Trump supporters that do hate "others".

They just CANNOT ACCEPT Trump BEAT hillary and she is NOT the president.

Emphasis on "small number"

The left however use the word "hate" a LOT MORE then I see repubs accusing the left of it.

As they say, "Those that make the accusation are usually the ones GUILTY of the accusation"

Violent protesting, stalking politicians at restaurants, at their homes, offices, etrc. are ALL dems showing "HATE"!

Old 10-05-2018, 05:28 AM

5,069 posts, read 2,279,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
I think a better way to have a happier life is just to #walkaway from the keyboard. I do it occasionally, and my outlook improves dramatically, but somehow I just keep getting sucked back into the toxicity of on-line political forums. I love to debate, but I worry that this environment is slowly poisoning my soul.
The debate on this forum has devolved into name-calling too much of the time. And it's every bit as much from the left as the right, so I find it kind of ironic every time the right gets accused of being haters.

Old 10-05-2018, 07:09 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,092,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Why the wholesale dismissal of feelings?

The Right doesn't really have a problem with feelings.

It's that the Left places much to high an importance on them.

Feel whatever you like.

The problem comes when you try to legislate based on your feelings instead of the Constitution.

Take the whole protesting against civil war monuments that's popular among the far left right now.

If we say, ok, we'll take down all the statues because you find them offensive, what's to stop someone who's offended by something you like from wanting that torn down too?

You don't get to pass laws because of hurt feelings.

Old 10-05-2018, 07:13 AM

341 posts, read 302,725 times
and of course, is this any surprise to you?

Former staffer for Sen. Maggie Hassan accused of stealing private info | Boston Herald

Old 10-07-2018, 08:18 AM

3,618 posts, read 3,055,951 times
Quote:
Excellent article here that sums up how I feel about Trump. Trumpism is about anger and hate of reactionary social conservatives and rejoicing in the suffering of the people they hate. To them this is payback. This is a show of white Christian power in this country that will go down in the history books. Our system of government is really being put to the test.

It's an interesting point of view, but the tonality rubs me the wrong way. Trump is a meanie and the author is feeling psychologically distressed and victimized. I get it.

Now, don't forget to vote next month!

Old 10-07-2018, 08:30 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,749,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post

Just because Trump is not PC does not mean he is hateful or cruel. So you either believe it because you only read leftist publications/sources, or have been brainwashed by the 90%+ of negative stories done about him by the MSM.
Heck it was just last month he made a fist pump type of gesture on 9/11 that was twisted to imply improper decorum for the event. In reality the pictures you didn't see was him responding to supporters and a ill child which he embraced.
That is the type of fake news which shows how leftist and unprincipled the media has become, and many of you are not even aware how much you are manipulated.
He mocked a sexual assault survivor
He mocked a disabled reporter
He cages children

Every rally he holds he gets his followers to cheer the suffering of others. Blames the Democratic Party for everything that is wrong. He has divided this country further than it has been in centuries. He has done nothing to unite us and keep us as a strong America.

Old 10-07-2018, 08:34 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,370,953 times
Quote:

As always, liberals get everything wrong and backwards. The last several years have absolutely shown that the left is all about hate, fear and dividing the country. Trump Derangement Syndrome is all about anger and hate of anyone who dared not vote for sHillary.

What will go down in the real history books (not the "rewritten" books cooked up by liberals) is how psychotic and out of control the left is and how there is literally no depth to what they will stoop to try and get their way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies