Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2018, 08:23 PM

57,244 posts, read 26,186,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
I won't read every post, but after reading a dozen or so I admit to being amused.

Obama and his admin were true dividers. Their class warfare approach to politics really lit a flame. Then the self haters on the left who feel that Whites are the root cause of all evils combined with the just blame the USA attitude has some how avoided any scrutiny from the Trump bashers.
Trump is the direct result of a very lame do nothing GOP and a democrat party that bet it all on class warfare.
There is something every middle-class American knows.
The rich will never pay for social programs. The Democrats are as rich or more than the their republican counterparts. They won't vote to hurt themselves. If the left hates Trump, look in the mirror, you helped to create the environment that made him president.
If you think that Obama is the true divider you just landed on earth after a two year absence. I don't know if you missed some of Trumps rallys and statements but they are very divisive. Something we can agree on is that the rich never pay their fair share, and Trump has only made it worse.

Trump is an accidental president due to both parties, perfect time and place but he is a disaster and he will be one for the history books for years to come.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2018, 09:02 PM

62,889 posts, read 29,119,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post

Just because Trump is not PC does not mean he is hateful or cruel. So you either believe it because you only read leftist publications/sources, or have been brainwashed by the 90%+ of negative stories done about him by the MSM.
Heck it was just last month he made a fist pump type of gesture on 9/11 that was twisted to imply improper decorum for the event. In reality the pictures you didn't see was him responding to supporters and a ill child which he embraced.
That is the type of fake news which shows how leftist and unprincipled the media has become, and many of you are not even aware how much you are manipulated.

Rest assured there are times when I cringe over some of Trumps tweets and things he focuses on, but I also see a lot of the good things he is doing as well.
I do not allow the MSM false narrative of him to blind me to the good like some apparently do.
He is your president just like Obama was mine. Yet I didn't find fault with every single breath Obama and his family took like those with TDS are suffering with over Trump.

Food for thought.

Well put and I so agree. Thank you!

Old 10-07-2018, 09:07 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,608,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Excellent article here that sums up how I feel about Trump. Trumpism is about anger and hate of reactionary social conservatives and rejoicing in the suffering of the people they hate. To them this is payback. This is a show of white Christian power in this country that will go down in the history books. Our system of government is really being put to the test.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...-point/572104/

Bogart!

Old 10-07-2018, 09:22 PM

18,008 posts, read 27,453,889 times
Quote:
Excellent article here that sums up how I feel about Trump. Trumpism is about anger and hate of reactionary social conservatives and rejoicing in the suffering of the people they hate. To them this is payback. This is a show of white Christian power in this country that will go down in the history books. Our system of government is really being put to the test.

Now, back to reality.

Cory Gardner's wife received a text message depicting a beheading after the Kavanaugh vote, "and that someone has publicly posted the names and addresses of his family members."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fox...naugh-vote.amp

Democrats disgust me.

Good luck with your blue wave.

Old 10-07-2018, 09:56 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,877,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
If you think that Obama is the true divider you just landed on earth after a two year absence. I don't know if you missed some of Trumps rallys and statements but they are very divisive. Something we can agree on is that the rich never pay their fair share, and Trump has only made it worse.

Trump is an accidental president due to both parties, perfect time and place but he is a disaster and he will be one for the history books for years to come.
How did Obama unite? Thru class warfare? The Us v.s them when it came to social policies? The great lie known as the ACA?

Forget his approach to Ferguson, that was more Holder, but still.

Trump is also a divider, but he certainly didn't start the game, nor is he as effective as Obama and com many. Hell Obama and his supporters even made whites feel guilty to be white.
Trump is the accidental president, but blame your own party for that. They ran that dead horse. They bet it all on that dead horse and now we are stuck with Trump.
The GOP has been lame for 20 years. Looks like the dems have joined them.

Old 10-07-2018, 09:58 PM

30,254 posts, read 23,727,877 times
Quote:

Oh yes, how cruel, Trump has more Americans back to work, and is making great trade deals, got Kim Jong Un to cross the demarcation line, lowered our taxes...if that's what the Dems consider "hateful", then I don't want anything that the Dems are selling.

Old 10-07-2018, 11:42 PM

37,131 posts, read 42,200,354 times
Trumps not cruel and either are most Americans who support him. He doesn't suffer fools, there's a difference. And I suppose to people who are used to being told they are special, the truth might seem cruel. He's not playing politics to get everyone to like him and be calm, he's getting things done that need to be done and not letting the people throwing tantrums distract him. Leadership, not bff.

Old 10-07-2018, 11:48 PM

3,148 posts, read 2,730,796 times
Trump is not a politician, he's a businessman. He knows how to get things done in the real world, and demanding accountability is a key component.

Old 10-08-2018, 01:04 AM

2,385 posts, read 2,339,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
He mocked a sexual assault survivor
He mocked a disabled reporter
He cages children

Every rally he holds he gets his followers to cheer the suffering of others. Blames the Democratic Party for everything that is wrong. He has divided this country further than it has been in centuries. He has done nothing to unite us and keep us as a strong America.
-He mocked her story. Which if you paid any attention it was BS. If she gets charged for perjury don't be surprised. How do you know she was sexually assaulted anyways? Where's the evidence?
-He mocked a reporter by using the same gesture he did when they twist his words around. You people act like he said "Oho, he's disabled so therefore he should be mocked bigly lol".
-That was Obama. These illegal kids get better treatment in these holding facilities than some American kids do in inner city schools.

I don't care if he's "cruel". His stupid tweets and beefs with celebs annoy me but his "divisive" bully pulpit is working. This country needed a cutthroat who has the ability to get stuff done, and he has whether you like him or not. After Reagan(who blamed Dems as well) which President has "united" the country? Black/white relations tanked under Obama.

Old 10-08-2018, 01:10 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,907,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy64 View Post
Trump is not a politician, he's a businessman. He knows how to get things done in the real world, and demanding accountability is a key component.
lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies