Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2018, 11:19 AM

16,959 posts, read 17,402,312 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post

The related FACTS are that she Elizabeth Warren never claimed immediate Native American ancestry, her claim was always that the ancestor was several generations back, and Elizabeth Warren never claimed a minority status for personal benefit. She didn't get into college as a minority. She didn't get hired for any positions based on a minority status. She didn't get any government benefits as a member of a minority group.
So why did she put on her applications???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2018, 11:21 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,295,812 times
Warren was also listed as a Native American in federal forms filed by the law schools at Harvard University and University of Pennsylvania where she worked.

Warren also listed herself as a minority in a legal directory published by the Association of American Law Schools from 1986 to 1995. She’s never provided a clear answer on why she stopped self-identifying.

Here's why Elizabeth Warren didn't use a professional DNA company. Boston Globe: "the Stanford University researcher who studied her DNA sample did not actually use samples of Native American DNA to determine whether Warren’s dubious claims of Cherokee ancestry were true"

Old 10-15-2018, 11:21 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,433,474 times
This is hysterical.

I'm so grateful Pocahontas decided to "vindicate" herself in this manner.

Old 10-15-2018, 11:22 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,964,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySagacious View Post
It said "strongly suggests" which is inconclusive. Anyway, bets are not won or paid on probabilities. Bets are won and paid on conclusive evidence.
Science uses terms like high probability, and strongly suggests. You know that, right? You guys are just unhappy that the science here is that Elizabeth Warren has a Native American ancestor. Court cases are decided on high probability and strongly suggests.

Old 10-15-2018, 11:23 AM

78,862 posts, read 46,772,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Still doesn't make her NA. African Americans and the vast majority of slave descendants in the Americas have European ancestry. Can we call ourselves white? That would be a monumental stretch.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/elizab...a-test-results

LOL!!
20-30 generations. the 1300's-1400's
Ya, her granny told her. When it was considered you were a second class citizen way back then and that secret would have never made it out of anyone's mouth and suffered the public abolishment.

Old 10-15-2018, 11:24 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,530,367 times
Quote:
Trump said he'd donate a million to a charity if she produced a DNA test that showed she had Native American ancestry. She did so. You can whine and moan about it, but the test shows she had a Native American ancestor. Trump didn't say she had to prove she was half Native American, or a fourth Native American or even an eighth Native American. He said if she had any Native American ancestors. Trump should donate a million to a charity of her choice.
These are the quotes I saw:

"I will give you a million dollars, to your favorite charity, paid for by Trump, if you take the test and it shows you’re an Indian," Trump said at the time. "I have a feeling she will say 'no.' "

"I will give you a million dollars to your favorite charity, paid for by Trump, if you take the test and it shows you’re an Indian."

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...even-though-he

Even if one of her ancestors 8-12 generations passed on Native American DNA, that does not make her an Indian [Native American].

Old 10-15-2018, 11:26 AM

6,835 posts, read 2,414,641 times
I think the Native American claim carries more weight when a person is at least 10% Native American. I personally am about 12-something % but not sure of the tribe.

Old 10-15-2018, 11:27 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,057,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
LOL!!
20-30 generations. the 1300's-1400's
Ya, her granny told her. When it was considered you were a second class citizen way back then and that secret would have never made it out of anyone's mouth and suffered the public abolishment.
I did one of those ancestry tests once. Mine is primarily European and Sub-Saharan African. Just as a curiosity, went and looked at the results and it shows I have 1% Native American. More than her and I would never claim myself as a Native American minority like she did. She's a fraud and of note, even that tiny, tiny percentage she is claiming falls within the margin or error so it's just as likely not even true.

Old 10-15-2018, 11:28 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,964,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
really.....how far back do you have to go to find 99% of our DNA is shared with monkeys?

She would stand a better chance saying she's part monkey.....LOL
She only has to go back 6-10 generations to determine that she has a Native American ancestor. I don't know what you think monkeys have to do with anything?

Old 10-15-2018, 11:29 AM

1,081 posts, read 551,875 times
Quote:
Her test results show a high probability. I know how you like to diminish and demean, but the science IS showing Native American ancestry. And it's just about what you'd expect when you are getting to 3 and 4x great grandparents.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
She has native American ancestry and that is what all the brouhaha was about from Trump. He's the one that started it. Talk to him.
Quote:
The dumb people are the ones who don't understand the science and are pretending that they do, so that they can dismiss the test results.
No, this proves nothing. You do not understand science and statistical error.

Here you go...
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Actually, if you look at the report, her 1/1024th falls into the margin of error. So even that 1/1024th is questionable.
She is POSSIBLY .098% Native American.

Warren could have claimed Korean and still not be proven wrong. The science at the far ends is not a definitive determination of ancestry.

From Ancestry:
https://support.ancestry.com/s/artic...-1460090082990
"Because inheritance is random, one doesn’t necessarily inherit the same amount of DNA from grandparents of the same level; one great-grandparent may have passed on 12% of their DNA to you, while another great-grandparent may have passed on only 4%. Likewise, percentages of ethnicity are not passed on in equal amounts. If your fourth great-grandparent is 100% Korean and none of your other ancestors are Korean at all, you may be anywhere from 0 – 3% Korean, depending on which genes you inherited from your part-Korean parent."

Here is someone who traced Warren's ancestry:
Thoughts from Polly's Granddaughter: Elizabeth Warren's Ancestry - Part 1

She misunderstood her ancestors "From Indian Territory" as being Indian but actually Indian Territory just means her ancestor was born outside of the recognized States.

Thoughts from Polly's Granddaughter: Elizabeth Warren's Ancestry - Part 2
"In Elizabeth Warren's family, we have gotten to approximately 1824, fourteen years prior to the removal of the Cherokees from the east and there is no indication of Indian blood or association with the Cherokees through her Crawford line, the line she claims to be Cherokee through. That means we have gone back about 188 years and still not found a Cherokee. "
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies