Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2018, 05:15 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Trump was the one making a YUUGE issue of it. No one else gives a damn.

Wrong!!! Trump is not the only one.
The Independent that is running against Warren in Massachusetts, is a real Indian, Born in India, raised here and is an MIT grad that invented E-mail, that is +11 up on Warren in polling.

He has signs all over Massachusetts of Liz in a chiefs head dress and Him with vote for a real Indian.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/rea...er-fake-indian

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...-over-indian-/

https://shiva4senate.com/

Independent Shiva Ayyadurai challenges Elizabeth Warren - News - southcoasttoday.com - New Bedford, MA

Shiva is +11 up on Warren
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2018, 05:16 PM

5,472 posts, read 3,227,035 times
Trumper's believe anything Trump says, when his lies are proven outright to be lies.... so why would anyone go back and forth with the Trump cultist? Some just like to come and bicker.... '"have at it"...

Old 10-15-2018, 05:18 PM

57,311 posts, read 26,228,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post

This isn't difficult. If she had even 25% or 20%, at that point the next step would be to find a name on the Dawes Rolls. Surely she and/or her mother knows the name of her great, great grandmother. So they would look for that name - and if it's on the rolls, and she's 25% or 20% - while the tribe may not still allow her, it would add a hell of a lot more weight than "I was told it was because I have high cheekbones". (Which is a really stupid argument to make because NDNs are not the only people who have high cheekbones - you can't determine someone's heritage based on fricken cheekbones.)
You are moving past the DNA tests to the family tree. If additional tests were required and this was inconclusive why the request. I never heard there were two steps required, if your question can be answered will there be a third step. She never asked for citizenship in a NA tribe.

Old 10-15-2018, 05:18 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,854,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
She's not asking for anything is she?

she already did. remember her time at harvard?

Old 10-15-2018, 05:19 PM

30,261 posts, read 23,746,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
She's not asking for anything is she?
How many time do I have to point this out. She labeled herself a "minority" for years.

Old 10-15-2018, 05:19 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,524,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
Where in the DNA report did it differentiate which tribe her native american ancestor is from?

You seem confused. Tribal citizenship, and ancestry are separate issues. I have Irish heritage on my mother's side and stating that does not mean I am trying to claim citizenship of Ireland.

The DNA report showed she had native american ancestry, it did not state what tribe (and honestly the science just isn't there yet). So unless you have some sort of evidence to the contrary regarding her ancestry, you are the one moving the goal posts by trying to pretend that she claimed tribal citizenship.
Elizabeth Warren claimed publicly to be of Cherokee ancestry.

The Cherokees have extensive genealogical records and family trees that they have maintained quite carefully. I myself can trace my ancestry back through my Grandmother on my father's side, who was 3/4 Cherokee, with the papers and the currently living Cherokee relatives to prove it.

There are actually quite a few Cherokees still alive in this country, and that has always been the case. This is not some extinct band like the neanderthals that you have to do some sort of really sketchy DNA test with all kinds of extrapolations. The Cherokees were not the barbarians that some of you "enlightened" leftists would apparently like to hold them out to be. They have extensive family genealogies and records, and the Cherokee Nation has administrators of those records, and are responsible for determining if someone is actually genealogically affiliated with the Cherokee tribe.

Or, not. Which the Cherokee Nation leaders have announced decisively here is the case with Elizabeth Warren. She is not, even though she has publicly stated that she is.

Old 10-15-2018, 05:20 PM

25,449 posts, read 9,813,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
How many time do I have to point this out. She labeled herself a "minority" for years.
I'm wondering what she asked for though. What did she receive?

5,752 posts, read 2,783,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The test was done using Mexican, Colombian and Peruvian DNA samples. Because no Cherokee samples exist.

It proves she has some South American in her.
Really? Then who are the guys in theOP?

2,830 posts, read 2,504,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I mean, is she asking to be part of the tribe? I didn't think so.

But don't you worry, I'm sure our Native American citizens absolutely LOVE IT when Trump calls her Pocahontas over and over and over. . .
Use your brain...

No she is not asking to be part of the tribe, but she did exploit the tribe in order to gain a personal advantage, and is now exploiting DNA tests to win political points.

23,990 posts, read 15,091,790 times
This is all just stupid.

Read what she said and did. Not what somebody else said she said. She never attempted to affiliate with a tribe.

My SIL father's was 1/4 Cherokee. His grandkids are not Cherokee enough for the tribe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies