Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2018, 09:08 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,432,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Why do you think the van is an indication "something is wrong with this story?" We have someone who runs around the place where I live with all kinds of hate speech on it. Nutty people do nutty things all the time and if you're smart you give them a wide berth.

As for the post office delivering pipe bombs from California to Florida in 2-3 days, you have no idea when the guy put them in the system to know how long it took.
The stickers look brand new; they are covering so much of the windows that they are in violation of the law. As for the dud bombs, how did at least four of them get through the USPS facilities without having any cancellation marks on them?

Nothing wrong with being inquisitive.

Old 10-27-2018, 09:08 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,542,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
Where was the outrage from the left when people actually DIED on a baseball field when a nutty Sanders support shot GOP congressmen? I remember at that time "we" (left and right) were all civil about this understanding that you can't blame an individual for its actions. And now it's all about "Trump caused this".

Let me remind you no one died or got injured with these fake bombs. The left is unreal.

No different in Trumps outpouring for everyone getting along then blasting the left and the media.

Old 10-27-2018, 09:10 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,432,012 times
Quote:
Where was the outrage from the left when people actually DIED on a baseball field when a nutty Sanders support shot GOP congressmen? I remember at that time "we" (left and right) were all civil about this understanding that you can't blame an individual for its actions. And now it's all about "Trump caused this".

Let me remind you no one died or got injured with these fake bombs. The left is unreal.
No one died; it was definitely attempted murder though by an unhinged leftist fueled by rage against Republican legislators.

Old 10-27-2018, 09:11 AM

3,100 posts, read 3,303,358 times
Quote:

There was outrage. If it wasn't enough for you that's s personal problem.

Old 10-27-2018, 09:12 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,903,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
So could the FBI be holding back some information, specifically about the postage stamps, the logistics of getting the packages out to locations spread out across the country? Is there a reason the FBI would not tell us everything to answer some of the legitimate questions people have?
Of course the FBI is holding back information - this is an active investigation and the guy was just nabbed yesterday! The FBI will be holding lots of stuff close to their vest in order to bring about full justice when the guy is eventually tried. He will have a preliminary hearing on Monday morning, btw, and I expect we'll learn a bit more by then.

Though I doubt it and think this was a one-man operation, it's still possible there were conspirators, for example, and there well could be additional packages in the mail.

There will be lots of small details that won't be learned until the trial, too, as is usual in any significant case. No doubt Sayoc's lawyer knows quite a bit more than does the public at present, and he will use some of this at the trial eventually.

We'll learn all soon enough -for now, be patient and know that what's being released and withheld is standard operating procedure for a massive investigation of this kind.

Old 10-27-2018, 09:13 AM

2,418 posts, read 2,037,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
I'm so sick of both sides saying that because of how a person is registered reflects on the party as a whole. There have been lefty nut jobs as well as righty nut jobs and both sides have deflected when it comes out that the person responsible for the act was registered with one party or the other.

People need to grow up - there are nuts everywhere - no party can get rid of them totally and it doesn't mean that the party supports their actions.

Exactly.

As an aside, I wonder if Sayoc abused steroids and other body building "cutting drugs" during his stripper and bb days. Long term side effects have caused many users to go off the rails.

Old 10-27-2018, 09:15 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times
Quote:

Really? Perhaps you weren't posting on CD at that time but I can assure you that Democrats were blamed.

Do you know what Democrats DIDN'T DO? They didn't accuse Republicans of staging the whole thing for votes - like Republicans have done.

Old 10-27-2018, 09:16 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,294,125 times
Quote:
I've worked with packaging and labeling machines, yes sometimes a package doesn't get marked, including mishaped ones; but more often if there is a problem there will be some marks; maybe a distorted or incomplete one. But multiple packages not being marked? Hmmm........

You really have a problem with people being inquisitive about things, huh?
I have a problem with conspiracy theories.

Old 10-27-2018, 09:16 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,903,577 times
Quote:
The stickers look brand new; they are covering so much of the windows that they are in violation of the law. As for the dud bombs, how did at least four of them get through the USPS facilities without having any cancellation marks on them?

Nothing wrong with being inquisitive.
You have repeatedly asked this about the lack of postmarks over and over again, and you have been answered over and over again.

The packages would not fit through automatic cancelling machinery at the P.O. Ideally, they should have been hand-cancelled, but this sort of thing happens all the time and is not really an issue at all. At least one was marked for insufficient postage, so someone did personally handle that one, but again, that bears no significance whatsoever.

Old 10-27-2018, 09:17 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times
Quote:
No one died; it was definitely attempted murder though by an unhinged leftist fueled by rage against Republican legislators.
We now know it was just another middle-aged Trump loser. Per his own family attorney - he though he had found the perfect 'father figure' in Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies